Alexander Sulzer goes back to Germany

Peppy22

I thought they might re-sign him because they would rather sit him as a 7th guy than a young guy who would need playing time.

I sort of see Hank Tallinder transitioning into the role of veteran 7th d-man with Risto and Pysyk on the Sabres next year.

Sulzer was a good, if limited, soldier.

Wish him the best.

McCabe, Ruhwedel, Zadorov, Pysyk and Risto should be competing for two or three spots next year.

Myers, Ehrhoff, Weber and one or two veteran acquisitions (hopefully upgrades on Tallinder and McBain) will fill the others.

Im going to Trust Tim Murray and the organization to make the right call on these guys and ensure they do what is best for the future development of all the young players.

My preference would be to make Rochester as strong as possible next year and dominate the AHL. Let them take a serious run at the Calder Cup in 2014-15. After some success there we can see who dererves to play on the Sabres in 15-16.

I think SUlz was that very reliable 7th man. He wouldn't demand a spot, he wouldn't go to the media complaining about it. He would do his job if needed and did that in a great way. The injuries really blew his chances here. Could have been a solid 5th or 6th dmen however with all those prospects no room for him in Buffalo.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.