What would you offer Miller to come back?

mjd1001

i saw the post about how st. louis looked for miller to play a different style, etc.

but, man. i would've expected him to post better numbers.

Those numbers weren't good, and it really doesn't serve as an excuse for Miller, but you could sense some indecision in his game which was never typical of him. That millisecond of hesitation ends up in the back of the net if it is Kane or Toews.

What I can't get over is how many times Chicago got behind the defense on the rush. That can't happen.

Ott makes sense. Ott would only cost a fraction of what Miller would be asking. He's a fan favorite, and would add some entertainment to an otherwise like dreary 2014-15 Tank Which Is Not A Tank season.

I don't expect Miller is going to get too much with dollars and term once he hits the market.

I'm just guessing, but I think 4.5 million X 2 is probably what he could get at market given his most recent performance.

Both players have a lot of mileage left.

FWIW....the Blues really asked Miller to play a different style.

3 more PP goals and this is probably St. Louis's series.

Ott did Ott's thing. He hit everything, and chirped, but it really didn't rattle a composed Chicago.

Both guys will be in the league for years to come.

:)

Both players have a lot of mileage left.

FWIW....the Blues really asked Miller to play a different style.

3 more PP goals and this is probably St. Louis's series.

Ott did Ott's thing. He hit everything, and chirped, but it really didn't rattle a composed Chicago.

Both guys will be in the league for years to come.

\

Different style? If that makes die hard Miller apologists sleep at night, go for it. I like the "he just wasn't good enough" excuse myself. I guess I can blame Leino's lack of production these few years on a "different style" as well.

Wow, the Blues fans are hilariously brutal.

He's making for a convenient scapegoat for them. I don't remember him being there last year when the exact same result happened :rolleyes:

Can't wait for them to replace him next year, not address their lack of high-end scoring talent, and be bounced in the second round.

Different style? If that makes die hard Miller apologists sleep at night, go for it. I like the "he just wasn't good enough" excuse myself. I guess I can blame Leino's lack of production these few years on a "different style" as well.

He posts a .923 with the worst team in a decade and posts a .903 with a president's cup contender. That just seems odd to me. Watching the games, there is no question his playing style was different - far less aggressive.

I don't blame Miller one bit for what happened in St. Louis. When you've got two of the best players in the world shooting on you in a series that featured six games and several overtimes, you're going to let some in. The difference in the series was that St. Louis's offense only mustered 6 goals in the last four games of the series, and scored more than two in a game only once during those games. It's easy to blame the goalie but when an overtime game comes down to a Toews breakaway (and by breakaway I mean like a 20' clear cut breakaway) I'm taking Toews almost every single time, regardless of who the goalie is.

Yes I am defending Miller because he is a Sabre. If another goalie was taking this kind of criticism, I probably wouldn't take the time to comment. But it's laughable to me that Blues fans want him gone and/or blame the entire series on him. Tarasenko stepped up and scored 4 goals in the series. Oshie managed two. Nobody else scored more than one, including Backes, Perron, Roy scoring zero. IDK. Don't get me wrong, Miller was not outstanding by any means, but I don't think he deserves the blame he's getting.

That said I don't want him back. That ship has sailed, I would not even reach out to him this summer. I wish him the best and I hope he re-signs with the Blues and gets some scoring help next post season on his way to a Stanley Cup.

Just to be clear,

No apologies. Miller wasn't good enough. He killed his market value.

I only look at it in a diagnostic way. Miller was caught between styles. The Sharp goal yesterday was particularly bothersome.

You could tell his instinct was to challenge...he pulls back...and then tries a pokey. Man alive, that was ugly.

All in all though it was pretty clear to me that he was coached to stay back in net.

Corey Hirsch had Miller breathing out of his eyeballs to no avail.

I don't expect Miller is going to get too much with dollars and term once he hits the market.

I'm just guessing, but I think 4.5 million X 2 is probably what he could get at market given his most recent performance.

If an NHL team puts that much weight on 6 games, GMs are dumber than I thought. I personally wouldn't give him more than around $5.5MMx5...but those numbers you gave are a huge lowball.

I don't blame Miller one bit for what happened in St. Louis. When you've got two of the best players in the world shooting on you in a series that featured six games and several overtimes, you're going to let some in. The difference in the series was that St. Louis's offense only mustered 6 goals in the last four games of the series, and scored more than two in a game only once during those games. It's easy to blame the goalie but when an overtime game comes down to a Toews breakaway (and by breakaway I mean like a 20' clear cut breakaway) I'm taking Toews almost every single time, regardless of who the goalie is.

Yes I am defending Miller because he is a Sabre. If another goalie was taking this kind of criticism, I probably wouldn't take the time to comment. But it's laughable to me that Blues fans want him gone and/or blame the entire series on him. Tarasenko stepped up and scored 4 goals in the series. Oshie managed two. Nobody else scored more than one, including Backes, Perron, Roy scoring zero. IDK. Don't get me wrong, Miller was not outstanding by any means, but I don't think he deserves the blame he's getting.

That said I don't want him back. That ship has sailed, I would not even reach out to him this summer. I wish him the best and I hope he re-signs with the Blues and gets some scoring help next post season on his way to a Stanley Cup.

How, pray tell, was an Edmonton OIlers' forward supposed to score in a playoff series involving Chicago and St. Louis? :P

I don't think you can completely absolve Miller of blame, but you're absolutely right that it isn't all on him. The Blues top-6, for the second year in a row, showed they don't have enough offensive ability to produce against elite teams.

But don't discount the wave of drunkeness that accompanies the opening of free agency. I was factoring that in.

I hear ya...I never Liked Ryan im glad he is gone..I was even more happy to see him have to go thru the "perfect Storm" closeout on the Blues season...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.