2014-2015 Roster

Stads

Lets hope makarov and Ullmark round out their games by 2015.

My confidence in Enroth and neuvirth is not big, its their 2015 spot to lose though.

As a pro tank member your confidence should be big with those two. It should help you're cause no?

My 15-16 lineup, without really adding anybody major other than a draft choice:

Moulson-Reinhart-Hodgson

Ennis-Eichel-Armia

Girgensons-Grigorenko-Gionta

Foligno-Larsson-Flynn

Myers-Gorges

Risto-Zadorov

McCabe-Pysyk

Could see a situation where Eichel plays wing on line one with Reinhart and then Grigorenko/Girgensons play the 2nd-3rd line centers. However, if we want to really be deep up the middle then Girgensons may be more likely to move.

Jack Eichel at wing? That isn't happening. He needs to control the ice. It is one of the highlights of his game. That and his ability to go through defenders.

Reinhart played wing and had a great tourney for Team Canada ona line with McDavid

I could play wing for Connor McDavid and have a great tourney. Reinhart's playmaking is the reason he stays at center. His job is puck distribution.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know Rimer (isn't he a goalie) but either he's way off on his projections or the Sabres are a playoff team next season.

That's not a playoff team. Hodgson bad 44 last year (only 8 less). Ennis had 43 (two less). Stafford had 34 (only two less). Those guys aren't really a difference. Then the other points can be filled in by players who are no longer here.

• 2 weeks later...

Something to consider when projecting this year's roster is the clear "pay your dues" attitude implemented by Lafontaine and Nolan when they arrived. We've seen nothing to indicate Murray feels any differently.

That's why I think Deslauriers, Larsson, Ristolainen and Pysyk have the inside track on jobs coming out of training camp and Carrier, McCabe, Grigorenko Zadorov and Armia are longshots.

The former have already shown they are very effective AHL players, the latter have not.

Reinhart is your best shot at an exception.

Just got a cryptic message from my father: "Love it. #56 starts his career." I assume he means Bailey, because he knows him quite well (he and Bailey's grandfather are very close friends). Anyone know what he means by "starts his career"? And is Rip still assigning NASCAR numbers?

Just got a cryptic message from my father: "Love it. #56 starts his career." I assume he means Bailey, because he knows him quite well (he and Bailey's grandfather are very close friends). Anyone know what he means by "starts his career"? And is Rip still assigning NASCAR numbers?

He still seems to. Maybe he got his ELC? Would be shocked if he's being considered for this year's team.

He still seems to. Maybe he got his ELC? Would be shocked if he's being considered for this year's team.

There's no way he's playing anywhere other than the CHL next season. Maybe he did get his ELC; I'll call my father and ask. Dammit, I hate when he has information before I do.

EDIT: Oh, nevermind. He's talking about my nephew (built like a tiny linebacker) starting pre-school. Geez.

Edited by Eleven

There's no way he's playing anywhere other than the CHL next season. Maybe he did get his ELC; I'll call my father and ask. Dammit, I hate when he has information before I do.

EDIT: Oh, nevermind. He's talking about my nephew (built like a tiny linebacker) starting pre-school. Geez.

:lol:

oh man that is great :P :w00t:

Edited by Numark

This gave me a good chuckle at work. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Mike Harrington can’t imagine a scenario where Reinhart doesn’t play for the Sabres this season.

Roster takes shape for Sabres - Sports - The Buffalo News

I am totally on the other side of the fence. I love the Reinhart pick but this is a kid that didn’t make it through the Propect Game in July without needing a day off for “maintenance”. He needs to get stronger before being able to compete at the NHL level day in and day out. Let him get a taste of the NHL - playing his 9 games and then send him back to the WHL for the year.

I can’t see a season where he dominates his league and captains Canada’s World Junior Team as anything but positive for him and the Sabres – not to mention saving a year on his ELC.

Am I wrong here?

Mike Harrington can’t imagine a scenario where Reinhart doesn’t play for the Sabres this season.

Roster takes shape for Sabres - Sports - The Buffalo News

I am totally on the other side of the fence. I love the Reinhart pick but this is a kid that didn’t make it through the Propect Game in July without needing a day off for “maintenance”. He needs to get stronger before being able to compete at the NHL level day in and day out. Let him get a taste of the NHL - playing his 9 games and then send him back to the WHL for the year.

I can’t see a season where he dominates his league and captains Canada’s World Junior Team as anything but positive for him and the Sabres – not to mention saving a year on his ELC.

Am I wrong here?

Dead wrong. Reinhart needs the speed and strength of the NHL game to get better, wasting away in the WHL when he is hands down better than anyone he plays helps him not.

Dead wrong. Reinhart needs the speed and strength of the NHL game to get better, wasting away in the WHL when he is hands down better than anyone he plays helps him not.

This was the same argument used for Grigorenko...

But I still think Reinhart should be in the NHL this year.

I agree with this

It was but it wasn't. Everybody knew Grigorenko needed the AHL to adjust and mature, not the Q, but since he couldn't go there, it made it all the more difficult.

It was but it wasn't. Everybody knew Grigorenko needed the AHL to adjust and mature, not the Q, but since he couldn't go there, it made it all the more difficult.

If the AHL were an option for Reinhart then ok. But it's not for him either. If it were I assume that we'd see most people saying he should go back the the W would start saying he should head to Rochester.

I agree with this

Also, the team only had one NHL-quality center at the start of that season.

If the AHL were an option for Reinhart then ok. But it's not for him either. If it were I assume that we'd see most people saying he should go back the the W would start saying he should head to Rochester.

difference being: Grigo was not a top 5 pick, and consensus was he had maturing to do and work to put in . Reinhart was deemed to be one of the more NHL ready prospects in his draft if not the most ready (aside from Bennet and Ekblad). If Roc was a choice for this year, instead of playing on a ###### Buffalo team, I'd totally be pulling for that though. Reinhart is definitely above the W though at this point.

Reinhart's main attribute is how fast he thinks the game. He can't think the WHL game any faster. Judging by what I know of him, I would say his first 25-35 games will be an uphill battle. His next 35-65 games he will start to look like he belongs. Then his final 65-82 games he will start showing how fast he can think and adjust. My prediction would be 10-15g, 20-25a if he gets substantial time with Moulson.

difference being: Grigo was not a top 5 pick, and consensus was he had maturing to do and work to put in . Reinhart was deemed to be one of the more NHL ready prospects in his draft if not the most ready (aside from Bennet and Ekblad). If Roc was a choice for this year, instead of playing on a ###### Buffalo team, I'd totally be pulling for that though. Reinhart is definitely above the W though at this point.

Fair points all around. I wouldn't really mind either result for Reinhart. I personally believe Buffalo will be his team this season, though.

I've never believed in this idea that any kid is above his junior league. As a teenager, there's still plenty that they can gain by playing at that level. There is plenty of talent at that level and no CHL superstar would be wasting away by spending an extra year there. That doesn't mean he belongs in the WHL this year though. If he shows in camp and the first 9 games that he is an NHL player, that's where he should be.

I'm not trying to sit on the fence on this one, but I believe that the right player will thrive regardless of where he spends that first season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.