First Round Playoff Thread

Eleven

What did he say about Shattenkirk?

Here it is - poorly written because it's copied from a blog or live chat - written like gamer d00d chat - lol. But the gist is that he mentioned Shattenkirk letting Kane get by.

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/22404-all-about-the-st-louis-blues/page__st__400#entry578379

I'll take both on the Sabres, please.

Hmmmm!!!! I'm trying to imagine how I'd react if both those guys were signed for the Sabres 2014-15 season. That's a real moral dilemma right there. :)

They wouldn't be anywhere near as effective on the Sabres, because the Sabres don't enjoy the same "Special Relationship" as the Bruins do with Bettman and the NHL. They'd probably be penalized and suspended into futility.

Yup, im not too disappointed about it. Blues fans are livid which makes it better.

Cant we still get the 1st if the Blues trade the rights to Ryan Miller?

Either way i don't think its a major major loss. were looking at not having a very late 1st rounder vs a mid 2nd plus the 1st pick of the 3rd? id rather have the 1st rounder but not devastating

He's a UFA, they don't have his rights

A lot of good Miller did them. I'd say our haul at the deadline was o.k. considering.

We got Halak (flipped for Neuvirth), Stewart, Carrier, a 2015 1st round pick, and a conditional 2014 3rd rounder for two guys who ultimately didn't end up being difference makers for the Blues. I'd say the Sabres won this trade! I wonder if Murray will try to resign Ott...

When people look back on this series I hope they remember the Blues complete inability to take a game over. They never once indicated that they were capable of winning a game against Chicago without Miller playing above his statistically predictable level.

I knew the Blues didn't have the offense.

When people look back on this series I hope they remember the Blues complete inability to take a game over. They never once indicated that they were capable of winning a game against Chicago without Miller playing above his statistically predictable level.

I knew the Blues didn't have the offense.

Agreed, it was a crap-shoot that they even won the first two games they did

Here it is - poorly written because it's copied from a blog or live chat - written like gamer d00d chat - lol. But the gist is that he mentioned Shattenkirk letting Kane get by.

http://forums.sabres...400#entry578379

Thanks.

I wonder if the Blues would be interested in signing Halak during the offseason.

Not true. They hold his rights until he hits free agency and can trade him before then. Just like Ehrhoff was traded twice right before he became a UFA.

Do you think any team is going to do that? I know it happened with Ehroff, but how often does that happen?

People should start giving more credit to Joel Quenneville for being a really good coach. The guy is the third winningest coach in NHL history (6th winningest playoff coach) and is only 55.

Absolutely. Sure he's got a pretty solid team to work with but no one wins with talent alone.

The entire Chicago organization should get props.

Unfortunately the Ryan Miller blew it narrative is already in full swing so there will be no convincing people otherwise.

ESPN is leading the charge - the feature headline at the ESPN NHL page reads;

The Blackhawks took advantage of poor play by Ryan Miller to bounce the Blues in a big way

People should start giving more credit to Joel Quenneville for being a really good coach. The guy is the third winningest coach in NHL history (6th winningest playoff coach) and is only 55.

Yep, great coach! Chicago is just a solid organization, top to bottom. I've said for several years that we should be using them as a model for building for the future.

Oh, and also in the sub-headline for the Blackhawk win - Craig Custance -

"Blues should let Miller sign elsewhere "

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/craig-custance/post?id=2450

I would be astonished if Miller is still there in the fall.

I wonder if Tim Murray will be answering any calls from St. Louis tomorrow? If caller ID shows a St. Louis area code, he'll probably just let it go to voice mail, or let his Sexcretary screen for him. Like a car salesman who avoids calls from a customer who bought a lemon. LOL

The Blues are what it looks like when you do a really good job building a team and don't have any elite offensive players. When Steen, Backes, Tarasenko, and Oshie are supposed to be lugging the mail offensively you can run into trouble.

This series is a strong argument for the Tank strategy.

St Louis tried to build around depth. They lost to the team built around a 1st overall pick and a 3rd overall pick.

Let's hope the Sabres hit some home runs with their high picks.

St Louis tried to build around depth. They lost to the team built around a 1st overall pick and a 3rd overall pick.

I really hope we get to see Colorado/Chicago in round 2.

I'm not sure about that. Take a look at how Pittsburgh is doing, let alone how they'd fair against the Blues

Pittsburgh is dying at the hands of Bylsma.

2/3 of their highest picks are losing that series. Crosby has done nothing, and Fleury has been abysmal. Bylsma hasn't been a helper of any sorts, but at some point you have to blame your players. They already fired one coach for Crosby/Fleury/Malkin, at what point does it become their fault and not the coaches?

2/3 of their highest picks are losing that series. Crosby has done nothing, and Fleury has been abysmal. Bylsma hasn't been a helper of any sorts, but at some point you have to blame your players. They already fired one coach for Crosby/Fleury/Malkin, at what point does it become their fault and not the coaches?

I think Pitt is still plenty in this series and that unfortunately for my personal case against Fleury he has been pretty good. But I think Bylsma is to blame for everything else.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.