GDT: Buffalo at Boston 4-12-14 at 12:30 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

logo.png

GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

475111537_slide.jpg

GAME #81: BUF (21-50-9) at BOS (53-18-9) – SAT APR 12 – 12:30 PM EDT – MSG-B, BELL TVWGR-550

BUFFALO SABRES BuffaloSabresSmiley-1.png

Final Lineup

27 Matt D’Agostini – 63 Tyler Ennis – 21 Drew Stafford ("A")

19 Cody Hodgson – 28 Zemgus Girgensons – 80 Chris Stewart

82 Marcus Foligno – 65 Brian Flynn – 17 Torrey Mitchell

32 John Scott – 37 Matt Ellis – 88 Cory Conacher

X: 23 Ville Leino (healthy), 24 Zenon Konopka (healthy)

10 Christian Ehrhoff ("A") – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

20 Henrik Tallinder ("A") – 6 Mike Weber

29 Jake McCabe – 4 Jamie McBain

X: 5 Chad Ruhwedel (concussion), 52 Alexander Sulzer (LBI), 57 Tyler Myers (LBI)

31 Matt Hackett

49 Connor Knapp

X: 1 Jhonas Enroth (LBI), 34 Michal Neuvirth (LBI), 50 Nathan Lieuwen (concussion)

Lineup News & Notes

G Jhonas Enroth, D Chad Ruhwedel, F Zenon Konopka, D John Scott, G Michal Neuvirth, G Nathan Lieuwen, D Alex Sulzer, and

D Tyler Myers were scratches in Thursday's 2-1 loss to NYR.

Weekly Transactions

04/08: Recalled D Mark Pysyk and G Andrey Makarov from Rochester (AHL); Assigned F Luke Adam to Rochester (AHL).

04/09: Assigned F Nicolas Deslauriers and F Johan Larsson to Rochester (AHL).

04/10: Assigned D Mark Pysyk to Rochester (AHL).

04/11: Assigned G Andrey Makarov to Rochester (AHL); Recalled G Connor Knapp from Rochester (AHL).

According to the Stats

In the last 10 games, the Sabres have gone 1-8-1.

Drew Stafford has one goal and two assists in his past two games.

BOSTON BRUINS bos.gif

Final Lineup

17 Milan Lucic – 46 David Krejci ("A") – 12 Jerome Iginla

63 Brad Marchand – 37 Patrice Bergeron ("A") – 18 Reilly Smith

20 Daniel Paille – 34 Carl Soderberg – 21 Loui Eriksson

38 Jordan Caron – 11 Gregory Campbell ("A") – 22 Shawn Thornton

X: 23 Chris Kelly (undisclosed), 51 Ryan Spooner (healthy)

55 Johnny Boychuck – 43 Matt Barkowski

27 Dougie Hamilton – 33 Zdeno Chara ("C")

47 Torey Krug – 86 Kevan Miller

X: 6 Corey Potter (healthy), 41 Andrej Meszaros (healthy)

40 Tukka Rask

30 Chad Johnson

Lineup News & Notes

Boston scratched D Corey Potter, C Chris Kelly, D Zdeno Chara, and C Patrice Bergeron in Thursday's 2-1 SO loss at Winnipeg.

D Dennis Seidenberg, D Adam McQuaid, and F Marc Savard are on IR.

Weekly Transactions

04/09: Recalled F Ryan Spooner (emergency basis) from Providence (AHL).

04/11: Signed F Brian Ferlin to an entry-level contract.

According to the Stats

In the Last 10 games, Boston has gone 5-1-4.

David Krejci has one goal and three assists during a three-game point streak.

PREGAME LINKS

04/10 – GAME RECAP: LATE 3RD PERIOD GOAL DOES SABRES IN (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

04/11 – GAME RECAP: Jets rally, beat Bruins in shootout (Patrick Williams – NHL.com)

04/11 – GAME PREVIEW: Bruins look to wrap up Presidents' Trophy vs. Sabres (Brian Hunter – NHL.com)

04/11 – Bruins Blog: Bruins Looking to Get Back on Track After SO Losses to Jets & Wild (Caryn Switaj – BostonBruins.com)

04/11 – McCabe acclimating to NHL life after college career ends (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

04/11 – SABRES RECALL CONNOR KNAPP (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

04/11 – Game Preview: 4/12/14 at Boston Bruins (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

04/12 – Sabres at Bruins Game Notes PDF (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

04/12 – Press Clips: 4/12/14 at Boston Bruins (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

04/12 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media prior to Saturday's game against the Bruins at TD Garden. <4:48>

04/12 – Connor Knapp speaks with the media prior to Saturday's game against the Bruins at TD Garden. <4:03>

04/12 – Snapshots: Bruins vs. Sabres (BostonBruins.com)

04/12 – Keys to the Game: Bruins vs. Sabres. <0:41>

POSTGAME LINKS

04/12 – NHL POST-GAME NEWSLETTER: Buffalo Sabres @ Boston Bruins (NHL.com)

04/12 – GAME RECAP: SABRES LOSE 5 PLAYERS DUE TO INJURY AS BRUINS CLINCH PRESIDENTS' TROPHY (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

04/12 – Brian Duff and Dan Dunleavy recap the Sabres 4-1 loss to the Bruins. <7:19>

04/12 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media following the Sabres 4-1 loss to the Bruins. <3:13>

04/12 – Jake McCabe speaks with the media following the Sabres 4-1 loss to the Bruins. <1:34>

04/12 – Cody Hodgson speaks with the media following the Sabres 4-1 loss to the Bruins. <0:48>

04/12 – Connor Knapp speaks with the media following the Sabres 4-1 loss to the Bruins. <1:57>

04/12 – Drew Stafford speaks with the media following the Sabres 4-1 loss to the Bruins. <2:33>

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I wish we hurt them really bad. Run Rask so he is concussed until end of playoffs.

Let them taste something from their own medicine. Send Erikson and Marchand out on stretchers too.

Ok it feels good to write stuff which never will happen. I hope we loose with some honor and do not get slaughtered.

Run rask with gerbe..... I mean, conacher..... I mean Ennis..... I mean dags.... I mean..... Oh wait, they're basically the same.

We play tough against Boston typically, however I believe the sabres have all but mailed it in... I wouldn't be surprised if Hackett leaves injured tonight and Leino goes on IR with a hang nail..... Don't poke the beahhr

Second to last GDT. That in itself is sad, since we won't be treated to the threads made famous by 26CB ... we are not worthy.

Anyway, with last place firmly in the bag and a top 2 draft pick secured ... I so want the Sabres to chow down on some bear tonight. Beat the chowder heads badly and that will be this teams, this seasons, cup.

GO SABRES!!

Second to last GDT. That in itself is sad, since we won't be treated to the threads made famous by 26CB ... we are not worthy.

Anyway, with last place firmly in the bag and a top 2 draft pick secured ... I so want the Sabres to chow down on some bear tonight. Beat the chowder heads badly and that will be this teams, this seasons, cup.

GO SABRES!!

By then, it will be too late.

Edited. Typo.

Edited by Eleven

04/12 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media prior to Saturday's game against the Bruins at TD Garden. <4:48>

04/12 – Connor Knapp speaks with the media prior to Saturday's game against the Bruins at TD Garden. <4:03>

@NHLBruins

Tuukka Rask in goal today ^CS

@NHLBruins

Julien said he's going with his full lineup today (no one getting a rest; Caron will slot in with Kelly out) ^CS

Thank the baby jesus.

haha!!!! Not having Scott playing Boston would have been a huge "WTF?"

And we're only 1 game away from that $1000 prize being awarded by Trending Buffalo. I promise if I win it, I'll spend it on a Sabrespace party at one of the bars and taverns in downtown Buffalo.

haha!!!! Not having Scott playing Boston would have been a huge "WTF?"

And we're only 1 game away from that $1000 prize being awarded by Trending Buffalo. I promise if I win it, I'll spend it on a Sabrespace party at one of the bars and taverns in downtown Buffalo.

I'm going to buy a Ville Leino game worn jersey with it.

@BuffaloSabres

Ted Nolan says a few changes to today's lineup are coming. John Scott is in for Ville Leino. Will mix up some of the lines. #sabres -CR

I think it's safe to say we've seen the last of Ville Leino playing in a Sabres uniform. It's clear they don't want him getting injured by the seasons end.

I wish the buyout included some sort of public flogging, it's almost criminal he gets to walk away with all that money. That man is set for life and all he had to do was get fired from his job.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.