GDT: Buffalo at Philadelphia 4-6-14 at 7:30 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

Four Games for Rinaldo: http://www.nhl.com/i...vid=DL|NHL|home

What an absolute joke. There is no consistency in this league. Scott got 7 games with a clean record, Rinaldo gets 4 with a long history. What did Roseweed get? Oh, a delayed penalty that was nullified by a goal.

Seriously, without Scott next year, who do we get to keep other teams accountable for cheapshotting the Sabres? We need fighter that can play and they are tough to find. I'm good keeping Scott for another year.

Stewart can fight, but I'd rather he not be used for that purpose.

Seriously, without Scott next year, who do we get to keep other teams accountable for cheapshotting the Sabres? We need fighter that can play and they are tough to find. I'm good keeping Scott for another year.

Scott didn't seem to be deterring anyone on Philly. I'm fine with bringing him back, but games like last night do make me re-evaluate his actual value.

(Yes, I waffle back and forth on this on a regular basis)

I'll be curious to see what the take around the league is. Seems too short to me though.

It is consistent with Shanny's failure to take headshots seriously. If it were the Leaves or Bruins, I think you're looking at 2 games.

Here is the video. They say all the right things......... and then they drop the ball.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=713300&navid=nhl%3Atopheads

Hard not to think "conspiracy" when you compare Rinaldo's suspension with Kaleta's or Scott's.

Disgusting quote by Rinaldo.

“Just some bad timing and a little vulnerability on his side of the puck, too,” he said. “So my bad and his bad at the same time.”

Here is the video. They say all the right things......... and then they drop the ball.

http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nhl:topheads

Hard not to think "conspiracy" when you compare Rinaldo's suspension with Kaleta's or Scott's.

Disgusting quote by Rinaldo.

“Just some bad timing and a little vulnerability on his side of the puck, too,” he said. “So my bad and his bad at the same time.”

Kaleta is a repeat offender, and Scott, well, I just don't understand what the hell happened there. It was his only bad hit.

But I do not think there's a conspiracy. I do think that Shanahan has his personal biases (the MFTs).

EDIT: And F Rinaldo and his quote. I mean, come on, it's pretty obvious.

Edited by Eleven

Its funny that we're still talking about a lack of a response with this team even with the time thats passed from the Lucic/Miller incident. The league basically nullified the sabres ability to respond when they took the nuts of John Scott with his suspension. As much as I want stupid skill in this rebuild I also want guys that have to carry their nuts in a bowling bag. With all the younguns slated to play on this team over the next few years games like the one against Philthy will become all too common unless we have a few nasty characters to keep it in check. Fukc the league and their bushleague response to concussed Sabres players. We have to take care of our own.

Kaleta is a repeat offender, and Scott, well, I just don't understand what the hell happened there. It was his only bad hit.

But I do not think there's a conspiracy. I do think that Shanahan has his personal biases (the MFTs).

EDIT: And F Rinaldo and his quote. I mean, come on, it's pretty obvious.

Rinaldo is a repeat offender as well. It was mentioned right in their video.

Weave, conspiracy's got nothing to do with it. The NHL disciplinary system is a huge ###### joke. No consistency, no clue, no credibility. If I were a player, I'd consider pursuing legal action. I'm sure the NHLPA somehow prevents this but they don't protect anyone but the stars in the big markets (maybe that's your conspiracy). If you Chad Ruhwedal playing for Buffalo you are better off jumping into a pit of rattlesnakes with mice stapled to your body. It's more safe.

I'm more blood thirsty than most on this board but I don't want guys ending up in wheelchairs or forgetting who their loves ones are by the time they are 50. The NHL doesn't care about the safety of ALL it's players. Until that happens, and I don't really ever expect it to, the NHL will exist as a joke.

I love hockey. I was raised on it. Watching what the league does to its players without recourse it sickening. It makes me hate the sport. I certainly hate the league. They couldn't be less credible.

Conspiracy was in quotes. I'm not a conspiracy theory guy beyond suspicion of a league bias towards teams commonly identified with most favored status.

I am deeply disappointed in the lack of response from our roster. So frustrating when the team doesn't respond and the league responds with a tepid reaction.

Edited by weave

Conspiracy was in quotes. I'm not a conspiracy theory guy beyond suspicion of a league bias towards teams commonly identified with most favored status.

I am deeply disappointed in the lack of response from our roster. So frustrating when the team doesn't respond and the league responds with a tepid reaction.

I can agree with all of this.

Hypothetically John Scott responds. What is his and the team's punishment? Nolan's punishment for playing him?

You know we'd get slammed for retaliating. They've neutered the whole club.

Hypothetically John Scott responds. What is his and the team's punishment? Nolan's punishment for playing him?

You know we'd get slammed for retaliating. They've neutered the whole club.

I just don't buy this. I remember the "player selection" penalty, and how much BS that was, but on this team as composed now (as opposed to then), Scott actually is a starter, with all of the injuries and crappy players and stuff. And I think he would have been ok had he started a fight. But again, I didn't watch much of the game, and I don't know whether he had the opportunity to start one.

I know most of our bigger forwards (and d-men for that matter) are out hurt... but is it too much to ask to get more size up front in order to be able to handle a nasty game like yesterday?

That said, I'm certain Murray knows this. We'll know soon enough, but I get the feeling he might favor Draisaitl with our first pick due to his size.

I know most of our bigger forwards (and d-men for that matter) are out hurt... but is it too much to ask to get more size up front in order to be able to handle a nasty game like yesterday?

That said, I'm certain Murray knows this. We'll know soon enough, but I get the feeling he might favor Draisaitl with our first pick due to his size.

Knowing nothing about the German Gretzky, I can't imagine he would have been anything other than a victim during yesterday's game.

Knowing nothing about the German Gretzky, I can't imagine he would have been anything other than a victim during yesterday's game.

Maybe, but watching Conacher and Ennis get knocked down like rag dolls is frustrating. At least Leon has the size to handle the physical play (he goes about 210 as an 18 year old).

BTW - In P.A. they call him "the Deutschland Dangler." :blink:

Buffalo Sabres players are:

1. Not protected by the league.

2. Not allowed to do anything about it.

Hell the league doesn't even want our COACHES to do anything.

Rock meet hard place.

Pegula should send Battista up to the NHL offices to knock some heads together.

this BS of a suspension makes it clear that Shanny needs to be removed. I really think the NHL needs to move to a system where former NHL refs are the ones making the decisions and being the face of this. Having a former player and his "sabresspace copyrighted" MFT's is the height of ignorance. NHL refs might not get the calls right all the time but they do have a history of being paid to be impartial.

this BS of a suspension makes it clear that Shanny needs to be removed. I really think the NHL needs to move to a system where former NHL refs are the ones making the decisions and being the face of this. Having a former player and his "sabresspace copyrighted" MFT's is the height of ignorance. NHL refs might not get the calls right all the time but they do have a history of being paid to be impartial.

Shanahan is doing the league's bidding. Noone in that position is going to do differently and remain employed.

Buffalo Sabres players are:

1. Not protected by the league.

2. Not allowed to do anything about it.

Hell the league doesn't even want our COACHES to do anything.

Rock meet hard place.

If the team ever starts winning againb, that'll change.

I remember thinking hell froze over in the 2007 playoffs, when seemingly every marginal call went our way.

Be a top runner for a few years, and watch things change.

Right now, we're last in the standings, of course the league doesn't give a hoot about the Sabres.

Bush league? Most definitely, but there's no conspiracy, other than we suck.

If the team ever starts winning againb, that'll change.

I remember thinking hell froze over in the 2007 playoffs, when seemingly every marginal call went our way.

Be a top runner for a few years, and watch things change.

Right now, we're last in the standings, of course the league doesn't give a hoot about the Sabres.

Bush league? Most definitely, but there's no conspiracy, other than we suck.

"Be a top runner for a few years, and watch things change."

^ a winning record should not have an impact at all on how the league addresses these types of issues. every organization should be given the same amount of respect and clearly, that doesn't happen.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.