Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

This might explain a lot:

Paul Peck ‏@PeckOnSports 33s34 seconds ago

I don't think anyone at 1 Bills Dr is sad to see Marrone go. I hear he just wore people out with his miserable attitude.

Tim Graham ‏@ByTimGraham 17s17 seconds ago

League source: Marrone asked Pegulas for an extension and was told no. He then asked for extensions for his assistants and was told no.

Fail to develop the QB assets you have...check!

Trade away the most valuable asset needed to get a new QB...check!

Squander said assets on a position that is completely worthless without a QB...check!

Clock management and play calling failures that cost at least two games and a playoff spot...check!

Walk away from the mess you created with $4M in guaranteed money for NEXT season...check!

Congrats Doug! You've completed the Head Coach "Set a franchise back 5 years" Scavenger Hunt!

Why do people think Reich would be a good HC?

We have one of the richest owners in the NFL now, who has shown that he is willing to spend. With no salary cap for coaches, we should be able to get almost anyone we want. This should give us a huge advantage.

Then again, anyone considering coming here would want an assurance of multiple years, given that we have no QB and no #1 next year. Arghh!!! :angry:

Chris Trapasso ‏@ChrisTrapasso 7s7 seconds ago

Text from #Bills source: "Whaley wins the battle. He has something else lined up. Don't count out the Jets."

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 2m2 minutes ago

Bill Polian will be taking over as Bills team president/football czar but move may not be announced til late Jan, due to his commitments

What exactly has Reich done to deserve a shot so soon? The Chargers imploded at the end of the year and he has one year under his belt. Now that Marrone is gone, you got to shoot higher then that

And, Schwartz? Hasn't Detroit proven he was in over his head?

Hamilton? Is he bringing Luck with him?

Edited by tom webster

What exactly has Reich done to deserve a shot so soon? The Chargers imploded at the end of the year and he has one year under his belt. Now that Marrone is gone, you got to shoot higher then that

To go along with the theme from your last couple of posts...he got to coordinate Philip Rivers' offense ;)

Personally I'm all aboard the Rex Ryan train. Yes, he has game management blunders just like Marrone, and yes he's clueless on offense...but he got to consecutive AFC title games with Mark freakin' Sanchez as his starter. Just have to hope he can get a quality OC.

Fail to develop the QB assets you have...check!

Trade away the most valuable asset needed to get a new QB...check!

Squander said assets on a position that is completely worthless without a QB...check!

Clock management and play calling failures that cost at least two games and a playoff spot...check!

Walk away from the mess you created with $4M in guaranteed money for NEXT season...check!

Congrats Doug! You've completed the Head Coach "Set a franchise back 5 years" Scavenger Hunt!

First winning record since the last guy who quit...check!

This ###### sucks. Way to blow it. After the first season in forever that was actually worth a squirt of piss to watch, we now get to watch "learning curve" ###### football. Great.

My only problem with Ryan is that I think him and Shwartz may have too much personality for one team. Shwartz wants that job, and if someone like Rex Ryan, another d-coordinator recently fired off a terrible season, comes in and supplants him, it's not going to end well.

My only problem with Ryan is that I think him and Shwartz may have too much personality for one team. Shwartz wants that job, and if someone like Rex Ryan, another d-coordinator recently fired off a terrible season, comes in and supplants him, it's not going to end well.

If we were to hire Ryan, I'd just assume that would mean Schwartz's exit. I'll take Rex Ryan over Jim Schwartz all day every day. Schwartz didn't exactly cover himself in glory as the Lions head coach.

This ###### sucks. Way to blow it. After the first season in forever that was actually worth a squirt of piss to watch, we now get to watch "learning curve" ###### football. Great.

Is that worse than the tank?

And, Schwartz? Hasn't Detroit proven he was in over his head?

Hamilton? Is he bringing Luck with him?

Okay. Your ideas?

These guys are considered good candidates by more than just message board kids.

Edited by Tank

Jeremy White @JeremyWGR · Dec 28

Since that loss to the Steelers in 04, the Bills final rank in the AFC: 12, 12, 11, 11, 13, 15, 13, 12, 12, and this year 10.

Meh? Meh. Bring on the new era, maybe this time with a coach who actually innovates rather than just saying he will!

Yes. At least the tank is losing with a purpose.

Why do people want Ryan? Has he been shown to remotely know what he is doing with QBs?

Nope, he has not. But it doesn't matter, since QBs make coaches, not the other way around (aside from maybe Chip Kelly). Ryan has proven he can win without a QB, and can beat the Patriots in real games.

If we were to hire Ryan, I'd just assume that would mean Schwartz's exit. I'll take Rex Ryan over Jim Schwartz all day every day. Schwartz didn't exactly cover himself in glory as the Lions head coach.

Brought a ###### tier franchise to win their division for the first time in years in an extremely strong division. I'll take Shwartz.

The players like him, he's already here (no more instability), and he's a great defensive mind. Ryan would be great, but if it risks losing Shwartz/ having a divided locker room I'll take Shwartz