Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

As a practical matter, there's no way to tear the goal posts down anymore. I was there in - what - 2011? When we beat the Pats on the last second chip shot field goal. Stadium staff immediately began a process of lowering the goal posts so that they would lay flat in the end zone - it happened in amazingly short order.

The modern NFL, man. They may not be able (or really want) to stop the post-apocalyptic behavior in the lots and the stands, but they will keep the playing field secure.

I have had very different game day experiences than you. The last two times I went to a Bills game it was incredibly pleasant, and nobody had any trouble. Both times we had opposing fans in our party. In fact, the worst thing that's ever happened (in 6 or 7 games) was some belligerently angry woman threw a beer in my brother's face and then she got kicked out.

I'll believe it when I see it. The justice system going hard on pro athletes? Ptshh.

Doesn't matter so much what the justice system is going to do. The NFL is going to throw the hammer down considering the stuff they're going through.

Edited by Tankalicious

Adrian Peterson may be getting arrested again. He admitted to smoking weed to a staffer right before a drug test. His career is over. Had a chance to retire as one of the best backs ever.

From deadspin comments:

He may be a lot of things, but Adrian Peterson is no drug abuser. "A little weed" is just a term of endearment for his children.

Fantastic.

From deadspin comments:

He may be a lot of things, but Adrian Peterson is no drug abuser. "A little weed" is just a term of endearment for his children.

Fantastic.

Deadspin's comment section is always gold.

This is a huge game. I almost feel like I need to preserve myself, or hedge my emotions, by downplaying the Bills chances. On paper, they look good to me. I expect our running game to look good this week, because after two pass heavy weeks, we can catch them off guard and exploit the Pats weakness. To me, it seems our defense will be perfect for covering multiple targets, and still getting pressure without opening up space in the secondary by blitzing. I've seen Brady throw three picks in the Ralph, and I like how that looks. It's tough to not get my hopes up. I don't know exactly how to prepare my mind for what's to come.

Lurking over at TBD, found this tweet.

@BenVolin: The #Patriots have options at C if Stork can't play. But it looks like Pats will have yet another OL combination this Sunday in Buffalo

Huge news for the Bills if it's true. Our D-Line vs. the Patriots O-Line will likely be the deciding factor in this one.

At this point I'm just stealing stuff from 26CB on TBD and bringing it hear. :lol:

But in any case, here's a good preview.

http://www.patspulpit.com/2014/10/10/6952565/patriots-vs-bills-previewing-with-pff

Edited by WildCard

1) who is that

2) I got pulled back into some work stuff so I didn't get to listen to any of the questions. Anybody else listen, and is there any good details I missed?

Bills treasurer under Wilson, and one of the key people in his ear (allegedly) advising him on how much to spend on front office personnel/coaches/staff.

Who cares? He has nothing to do with the players/coaches on the field.

I'm not so sure about that. He used to be away from the football operations, but he was in the coaching interviews this last time and was basically the GM when Marv left.

I'm not so sure about that. He used to be away from the football operations, but he was in the coaching interviews this last time and was basically the GM when Marv left.

He was on GR earlier this week and stated that he had nothing to do with players, personnel, etc.; referred Jeremy's question about a player to Whaley and Marrone.

I have no doubt that he sits in on coach interviews, but I'll bet he has very little input.

He was on GR earlier this week and stated that he had nothing to do with players, personnel, etc.; referred Jeremy's question about a player to Whaley and Marrone.

I have no doubt that he sits in on coach interviews, but I'll bet he has very little input.

Maybe he was in on the coaches/players for a short while and that has ended with Whaley taking over and Pegula officially getting the team.