Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

I base my Week 1 doom prediction on the following:

1. A QB that hasn't show even close to big game, big moment ability. The closest he came was the Carolina game last year.

2. A rookie RT and a rookie second string RT

3. A rookie WR that hasn't had a chance to mesh with QB and is sporting some tender ribs. Thank God for Woods.

4. A team that will try to run constantly, dump screens to RB/TE or throw six yard patterns most of the time.

5. A very vulnerable secondary against Jefferies and Marshall

6. A road game

7. Matt Forte

So far the taste of crow is delicious.

SEASON PREDICTION!

Someone a few pages ago said the Bills were going to go 8-12, which amuses me since it is plausible. So in that light:

• The Bills sweep the Jets and Dolphins, both being decimated by an Ebola outbreak. The Bills avoid the bug as since they worked one day in Toronto last year, Jon Bon Jovi pushes to have then vaccinated as part-time residents in Canada's socialized medicine plan. Rob Ford made the decision, saying to reporters "[suuuuckkkkk, cough, cough] yeah, why not.".
  • The Pats win both games against the Bills, despite being down to cheerleaders and the Dropkick Murphys due to sickness. After week one, it's determined that the Pats have clandestinely bugged every NFL stadium and the entire coaching staff is suspended.
  • The Bills hold on to win against Chicago.
  • AFC East records: Bills 5-11, Pats 4-11-1, Jets 3-12-1, Dolphins 2-14. (Jets and Dolphins and Pats all split up their games). Buffalo is the worst team to ever make the playoffs, the league starts to rumble that next year the last divisional winner may have to play-in against the 3rd wild card.
  • Lingering Ebola effects and freak weather allows the Bills to win all three playoff games, 15-14 over the Bengals, 3-0 (OT over the Colts), and 31-27 (over the Ravens).
  • The Bills are the first team the make the Superbowl without scoring a post-season offensive touchdown. The 4 TDs in the Ravens game are a fake punt, a kickoff return, and 2 Pick-6 by Mario Williams.
  • The Bills lose the Superbowl the Seahawks in record fashion, 75-21, all three Bills TDs on long drives by EJ.
  • Final record with Playoffs, 8-12.
  • Bills fans talk about how next year is their year as long as cholera makes a comeback.

Cheers!

That whole good guy underdog thing not your style

Correct. I hate that thing. Reminds me of a line Alec Baldwin had in Glengarry Glenn Ross. "Nice guy? ###### you! Good father? Go home, play with your kids. You wanna work here? Close!!!"

I want pro bowlers and all pros.

Correct. I hate that thing. Reminds me of a line Alec Baldwin had in Glengarry Glenn Ross. "Nice guy? ###### you! Good father? Go home, play with your kids. You wanna work here? Close!!!"

I want pro bowlers and all pros.

It's a shame we can't play Frankenstein and transplant Jackson's brain into CJ's body. Spiller still struggles reading the play and making the right cuts.

My thoughts

Manuel - Looked very solid today and made several downfield throws to woods, watkins, and williams. Twice he could have tried for a 1st down by running, but ran out of bounce instead (love that). He had one bad throw today, and it was an INT

The running backs - They all looked great. Explosive plays from all three. I couldn't help but think jackson showed his age a little bit on the screen plays, but still is a strong determined beast.

Chandler - This guy just sucks and seems to hurt us frequently. A horrible effort to catch the first pass of the game, and a killer penalty before the first half to take 3 points away.

The WRs - Woods, Watkins, and Williams all were beasts out there today and made difficult catches look easy. Wow, im impressed

Offensive Line - Gave EJ a ton of time today and opened up some big holes for the run game. Struggled a little bit to get downfield for blocks, and henderson was beat badly twice.

Defense - Just a solid performance today. They had some moments where the bear's could pass on them at will, but those mdrives were few and far between. But that is what keeps them from being an elite defense. However, great job creating turnovers!

Special Teams - Great punting, kicking, and coverage (easley continued imposing his will)! Is that too much to ask for?

Well, that was fun.

I said when I picked them to win this game that the first game can be least indicative of a team's season so I'm not going to plan the parade yet but if nothing else can this game put to rest two things;

1) The pre-season has no relevance!

2) Power rankings and the so-called experts that contribute to them are of little true meaning.

Oh and speaking of crow, where the Bear's clearly superior?

I said when I picked them to win this game that the first game can be least indicative of a team's season so I'm not going to plan the parade yet but if nothing else can this game put to rest two things;

1) The pre-season has no relevance!

2) Power rankings and the so-called experts that contribute to them are of little true meaning.

Oh and speaking of crow, where the Bear's clearly superior?

I'm as happy as anyone to see the Bills win but Manuel still needs to learn how to look at all his receivers if he ever hopes to be better than average. I'm happy for the win at this point, though.

Edited by Drunkard

You know, that's pretty much the team the coaching staff designed.

The running game takes the lead, EJ takes care of the ball, the skill guys make plays and the defence is stout enough while forcing turnovers.

I don't think the bears are a great team, but that doesn't change the fact the Bills played well.

PS Corey Graham looked outstanding out there.

Edited by dudacek