Klesla will not join the Sabres organization

Hoss

He did play almost 700 NHL games. I'm not sure what you're driving at.

Mostly for expansion teams and/or Phoenix (which may as well be an expansion team), and he wasn't exactly a big contributor on those teams, so I think you do know what I'm driving at. The guy is another Cody McCormick.

Mostly for expansion teams and/or Phoenix (which may as well be an expansion team), and he wasn't exactly a big contributor on those teams, so I think you do know what I'm driving at. The guy is another Cody McCormick.

So you're saying he's some 6-year-old boy's favorite player? Causing inconsolable sadness when his dad has to tell him he was traded?

I'm so sorry for your son's loss, LPF.

The conversation literally went like this when I got home from work:

Son: Hi Dad!

Me: Hi Son! So the Sabres traded some more players toda...

Son (cutting me off): Pleeeeaase tell me they didn't trade Cody McCormick.

Me: well...

Son: Oh man. (tears)

Me: He got traded to Minnesota.

Son (Cracking a smile): well, we'll just have to watch Cody and Pominville together, dad.

Heartbreaking.

The conversation literally went like this when I got home from work:

Son: Hi Dad!

Me: Hi Son! So the Sabres traded some more players toda...

Son (cutting me off): Pleeeeaase tell me they didn't trade Cody McCormick.

Me: well...

Son: Oh man. (tears)

Me: He got traded to Minnesota.

Son (Cracking a smile): well, we'll just have to watch Cody and Pominville together, dad.

Heartbreaking.

It is a cute story, and I mean it. But he won't even remember him come October. He'll be onto some other JAG that the Sabres will trade!

Loved McCormick. Don't think they used him enough. Don't be surprised if there is a Cody in my future.

They used him enough. A good team wouldn't use him at all, man!

Edited by Eleven

He did play almost 700 NHL games. I'm not sure what you're driving at.

I think you have to care when the franchise looks like such a tire fire that players don't want to play for it.

I think the guy doesn't want to play for some AHL team after being passed around by NHL teams like a blunt. It has less to do with the organization and more to do with the enjoyment he's getting from the game. He clearly sees no value in playing in the A and I don't blame him. I'd go overseas too.

It is a cute story, and I mean it. But he won't even remember him come October. He'll be onto some other JAG that the Sabres will trade!

Oh, he's over it already. Made of far stronger stuff than his old man.

I just need Zadarov to develop into an absolute stud. The LastPommerGift, if you will.

Oh, he's over it already. Made of far stronger stuff than his old man.

I just need Zadarov to develop into an absolute stud. The LastPommerGift, if you will.

Zadorov will be the next jersey I buy. And I've never bought a current player's jersey. I'm that confident in his ability.

From a personal standpoint, I could not care less if he'd rather go to Europe. Sabres don't really lose anything, and as mentioned above, it may even help them financially.

I still consider it somewhat of another black eye in terms of PR though. Not anywhere near the same ballpark as bad as PLF quitting, but when a player who has played 700 games in the NHL decides he'd rather retire mid-season than play for your club, it doesn't look good.

I'm sure he has his reasons, and I certainly don't want a guy whose competitive desire has seemingly burned up on my team, but jeez, stick it out a month, collect a pay check, go out "on your own terms" (kind of). Although he was assigned to Rochester, I imagine he would be back in the NHL already rather than Ruhwedel, who was called up today.

Always thought he was an ideal 4th liner. His play vs Boston in the playoffs told me a lot about his character.

His character is beyond question (in a good way). Unfortunately, his ability also is beyond question (not in such a good way).

From a personal standpoint, I could not care less if he'd rather go to Europe. Sabres don't really lose anything, and as mentioned above, it may even help them financially.

I still consider it somewhat of another black eye in terms of PR though. Not anywhere near the same ballpark as bad as PLF quitting, but when a player who has played 700 games in the NHL decides he'd rather retire mid-season than play for your club, it doesn't look good.

I'm sure he has his reasons, and I certainly don't want a guy whose competitive desire has seemingly burned up on my team, but jeez, stick it out a month, collect a pay check, go out "on your own terms" (kind of). Although he was assigned to Rochester, I imagine he would be back in the NHL already rather than Ruhwedel, who was called up today.

He never was going to play for "our club." He was going to Rochester.

Edited by Eleven

His character is beyond question (in a good way). Unfortunately, his ability also is beyond question (not in such a good way).

He never was going to play for "our club." He was going to Rochester.

As I said in my post, there's a pretty good chance he would have gotten the call-up over Ruhwedel today, since the goal has been to keep most of the young guys in Rochester. Perhaps I should have used "organization."

I want compensation. Buffalo gave Washington a legitimate starting goalie. The price/trade was imbalanced so Washington threw in a player. That player did not report. There needs to be compensation to level the trade. It should be a low round draft pick.

For those not paying attention, Halak won for Washington last night. So Washington has already benefited from the trade.

I want compensation. Buffalo gave Washington a legitimate starting goalie. The price/trade was imbalanced so Washington threw in a player. That player did not report. There needs to be compensation to level the trade. It should be a low round draft pick.

For those not paying attention, Halak won for Washington last night. So Washington has already benefited from the trade.

The problem is you're assuming Klesla was requested by Buffalo to "even" the trade.

Well, that's how I'd sell it to the league, but not because I believe it is true.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.