All about St. Louis's Blues

darksabre

Minnesota should be fine money-wise with Miller and Vanek. They have $7 mill coming off in Heatley alone which would cover one of the two. Then the cap going up would help cover the other with maybe a move or two.

Lehtonen is fine for Dallas, but his inconsistent health has to be a concern there.

Edited by Tankalicious

Interesting choice in Minnesota and Dallas; not that it's wrong, the opposite actually, but I just didn't think of them.

I could definitely see a Minnesota fit, but I'm not sure Minnesota would pursue him if they are indeed in pursuit of Vanek, too much $$ for them to sign them both I'd imagine. Plus, their rookie goalie is playing pretty well considering he's gone up against Colorado. If they don't want Vanek, or it doesn't work out, I could see Miller there.

The Dallas match is what really interests me. I don't know enough about Ruff's and Miller's relationship to know if he'd be interested in being reunited, but that would be one hell of a story line. But again, Lehtonen is playing very well against the Ducks, so I'm not sure Nill would be interested in signing an old goalie to a younger roster, or at least one that's just beginning it's rise. I guess it all depends on how confident Nill is in Lehtonen.

In the end, I say Pitt or Anaheim, with Pitt winning. Anaheim would have to move a few pieces to bring Miller in, and I think Pitt's done with Fleury if he continues like he has in these playoffs so far.

Imagine Miller in a Pitt uniform :blink:

The Minny situation depends upon Harding's health.

I already posted in the Miller thread that I think he goes to Pit. But if Harding's illness persists/gets worse, Minny is a real possibility.

I already posted in the Miller thread that I think he goes to Pit. But if Harding's illness persists/gets worse, Minny is a real possibility.

I don't think Harding will factor in too much. Bryz will be a free agent, and I doubt he sticks around. Kuemper looks like a solid young option. And, while he was outstanding prior to he left the team this year, I don't think Harding really inspires a whole lot of confidence. He's been pretty inconsistent.

Maybe I don't really know much about it, but can you ever really be fully confident about Harding's health situation?

Minnesota should be fine money-wise with Miller and Vanek. They have $7 mill coming off in Heatley alone which would cover one of the two. Then the cap going up would help cover the other with maybe a move or two.

Lehtonen is fine for Dallas, but his inconsistent health has to be a concern there.

A team full of Sabres huh? Didn't we just see how that ended up going? :P

No but Minnesota, if they added Vanek and perhaps kept Moulson, would have the offense St.Louis never had, and they still have Suter to anchor their blue-line. I don't think they'd win a cup, but they'd be dangerous.

I'm torn about my prediction on this one honestly. I don't think the Anaheim tandem is up to par, but if Fleury plays better I have to believe they keep him and ship off the coach.

If it's Miller's choice, I'd say Anaheim, just because it's where his wife is.

I don't think Harding will factor in too much. Bryz will be a free agent, and I doubt he sticks around. Kuemper looks like a solid young option. And, while he was outstanding prior to he left the team this year, I don't think Harding really inspires a whole lot of confidence. He's been pretty inconsistent.

Maybe I don't really know much about it, but can you ever really be fully confident about Harding's health situation?

I don't know what form of MS he has, etc., and I certainly am not a medical doctor, so I can't be fully confident about anything. But I would guess that the team's medical staff might have an idea.

A team full of Sabres huh? Didn't we just see how that ended up going? :P

No but Minnesota, if they added Vanek and perhaps kept Moulson, would have the offense St.Louis never had, and they still have Suter to anchor their blue-line. I don't think they'd win a cup, but they'd be dangerous.

I'm torn about my prediction on this one honestly. I don't think the Anaheim tandem is up to par, but if Fleury plays better I have to believe they keep him and ship off the coach.

If it's Miller's choice, I'd say Anaheim, just because it's where his wife is.

Wow--I never considered Anaheim jettisoning Hiller. I just don't think that happens. If it does, of course, that's the natural landing spot, because that's a team poised to win. Also don't forget that TV shows tape in the summer; she can spend her free time wherever. I've seen her here enough, for example.

Edited by Eleven

My dad has MS, and it's really entirely dependent on the days and how progressive it is. My dad's been very fortunate thus far (fingers crossed) to have it not be aggressive, but it can go bad quickly. Even if it doesn't, in a mild form of MS there are still days where my dad will fall down a flight of stairs, or just run into walls. Plus the drugs are hell to be on: a monthly drip that will absolutely wreak havoc on you for a few days plus a mind-boggling amount of steroids that just mess with you a ton, depending on his treatment plan of course. I've said it before but Harding is unbelievably lucky to play the sport he's in and where he does: almost everyone everywhere with MS lives in colder climates, the hotter it is the more likely you are to encounter something to make your immune system go hay-wire, therefore leading to an MS attack.

All in all, I wouldn't put stock into an athlete if they had MS. There's just so much unpredictability.

My dad has MS, and it's really entirely dependent on the days and how progressive it is. My dad's been very fortunate thus far (fingers crossed) to have it not be aggressive, but it can go bad quickly. Even if it doesn't, in a mild form of MS there are still days where my dad will fall down a flight of stairs, or just run into walls. Plus the drugs are hell to be on: a monthly drip that will absolutely wreak havoc on you for a few days plus a mind-boggling amount of steroids that just mess with you a ton, depending on his treatment plan of course. I've said it before but Harding is unbelievably lucky to play the sport he's in and where he does: almost everyone everywhere with MS lives in colder climates, the hotter it is the more likely you are to encounter something to make your immune system go hay-wire, therefore leading to an MS attack.

All in all, I wouldn't put stock into an athlete if they had MS. There's just so much unpredictability.

Did you know that there's a "belt" from here to Minnesota for that reason? (Source: former girlfriend doctor with a specialty in MS.) And good luck to your father.

Edited by Eleven

Wow--I never considered Anaheim jettisoning Hiller. I just don't think that happens. If it does, of course, that's the natural landing spot, because that's a team poised to win. Also don't forget that TV shows tape in the summer; she can spend her free time wherever. I've seen her here enough, for example.

Well, considering the fact they benched him, I don't think that they're really that attached to Hiller.

Did you know that there's a "belt" from here to Minnesota for that reason? (Source: former girlfriend doctor with a specialty in MS.) And good luck to your father.

Yeah it's wild to look at. It was once believed (maybe it still is?) that colder climates cause MS. I believe they found the highest concentration of MS patients living in a very cold town in the UK. Most patients move north to avoid the heat, my dad can't even do NY summers. It's becoming a belief that a lack of Vitamin D can is partially to blame (didn't help that my dad had asthma and never was outside playing sports.) I did a decent amount of research into it, pretty interesting stuff.

And thank you for the well-wishes :thumbsup:

Edit: typo there really messed that up for a second, all fixed now

Edited by WildCard

I remember Hitchcock beating the Sabres for the Cup in '99.

Hitchcock gets teams playing a disciplined system very quickly. It is a dogged system that requires discipline, but he finds success with it.

Hitchcock's weakness is that he doesn't change script very easily.

He always seems to get out-coached when the situation demands improvisation and flexibility.

St. Louis needs to fire Hitchcock not because he's a bad coach, but because his players need to outgrow him to go to the next level.

St. Louis should've traded for Vanek, not Miller.

And Miller might've just cost himself $30MM with that first round.

Agreed! Whatever market there was Miller may have just dried up. He may end up back in St. Louis simply because there is nowhere else to go and St. Louis doesn't have any other options in goal at the moment. I doubt Elliott would resign there after the Blues basically told him he wasn't good enough by bringing Miller in.

You think that round is going to lower his AAV by $4-5 million? Not a chance. He's gonna get paid.

I think it's quite possible that he doesn't get more than 3 years, $20MM -- and at some point in the past year, I think the Sabres were ready to give him $50MM.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.