Shake up in the office PAT LaFONTAINE RESIGNS

Jeanbe

Mark this now....if this had zero to do with Tim Murray, which is logical and even sources sympathetic to Lafontaine are stating....then Tim Murray will be gone within 2 years. There is NO way he can handle this structure, especially now that any buffer between himself and ownership is gone. He said himself, he's been on the road 4 of his first 6 weeks. He is in his glory, scouting, learning his guys, making a plan, and working the phones. He can hide in his work and location so far. He's not going to make it. If he swallows his pride, he's going to have a stroke. Mark it....he thinks he can use this as a stepping stone at worst, but he's not gonna make it....and I like him.

Mark this now....if this had zero to do with Tim Murray, which is logical and even sources sympathetic to Lafontaine are stating....then Tim Murray will be gone within 2 years. There is NO way he can handle this structure, especially now that any buffer between himself and ownership is gone. He said himself, he's been on the road 4 of his first 6 weeks. He is in his glory, scouting, learning his guys, making a plan, and working the phones. He can hide in his work and location so far. He's not going to make it. If he swallows his pride, he's going to have a stroke. Mark it....he thinks he can use this as a stepping stone at worst, but he's not gonna make it....and I like him.

this assumes there is this evil meddeling empire of ownership that is the cause of all evil

He was different behind closed doors to those who have only known Darcy Regier for the past 2 decades.....You have a guy with confidence in his ability, pride, and principles. If the radar goes off, he goes. That's why I would laugh at the people who would defend Darcy with, "Well of course he will let his painting hand be held...there are only 30 of these jobs in the world!"

Guess what, some people still have gumption.

Isn't it entirely possible that he was a horrible person behind closed doors and a prince in front of the camera? I find it curious that an owner who has been blamed for being too slow to pull the trigger got rid of Pat in about three months. It's not as if LaFontaine has a gigantic resume where you can say he is a stable employee who is a great team player, right?

The thing making me laugh....do you know how hard it must be to be fired from a high level executive job in 3 months? It's pretty obvious that it was either a huge disagreement on his role and power, or he was such a distraction at the corporate level that they had to can him.

Edited by Darryl Shannon's +/-

Milbury just ripped PLF on NBCSN. Said basically no big loss and don't let the door hit him in the butt on the way out. He and Jones both think Nolan is on his way out. It is nice to get an out side perspective but does it have to be from Milbury and Jones? Dang

Isn't it entirely possible that he was a horrible person behind closed doors and a prince in front of the camera? I find it curious that an owner who has been blamed for being too quick to pull the trigger got rid of Pat in about three months. It's not as if LaFontaine has a gigantic resume where you can say he is a stable employee who is a great team player, right?

The thing making me laugh....do you know how hard it must be to be fired from a high level executive job in 3 months? It's pretty obvious that it was either a huge disagreement on his role and power, or he was such a distraction at the corporate level that they had to can him.

If we want to talk about behind closed doors....there is a whole nittany of th....I mean litany of things we can discuss.....

I know who I trust.

If we want to talk about behind closed doors....there is a whole nittany of th....I mean litany of things we can discuss.....

I know who I trust.

Haha....I laughed. You very well might have sources, but to the people like me with zero connections - I think you can easily see the hesitation to go all in and say that this is clearly a Pegula problem. Especially with Pat's complete lack of a resume to prove him as a reliable person.

Nix and Gailey we know

:)

I would go through a wall for Chan Gailey and take a bullet for that guy....same for Ted Nolan.

I think a lot of people have a "good gut" on this board. I also think sometimes the need to preserve the image of something important to them gets in the way of what the gut says.

Bucky Gleason@TBNbucky 3m

People griping about LaF quitting job with Ises: He was a volunteer advisor. Cant quit job he didnt have. They ignored him, so he split.

Disagree....if you agree to do something, you can still be viewed as a quitter if you don't complete or give a complete effort. If I decide that I hate my boss and need to leave, there is a graceful way to leave, and an abrupt way. LaFontaine, at least from what I can tell, chose an abrupt way to leave. So much so that the Isles tried to scrub him from their history.

Haha....I laughed. You very well might have sources, but to the people like me with zero connections - I think you can easily see the hesitation to go all in and say that this is clearly a Pegula problem. Especially with Pat's complete lack of a resume to prove him as a reliable person.

I have no inside sources. I just have done some old fashioned groundwork over the years. I may have also been blessed to not be tied down with other obligations and had the experience necessary to understand some things. I'm not always right, that's for sure....but I WANT all these guys to be great. I would like nothing more than to be excited about their capabilities as pros and people. It just doesn't always happen....and while Pat Lafontaine may not be an angelic figure 100% of the time, you have to go on history, experience and your gut. I was pretty quiet day 1 because I had no clue. I saw and heard spin from secondary sources and it didn't jive. Everyone is hearing this and that. If I didn't lay this exact scenario out a few months ago and say it was a real possibility, I would have been shocked. You had to see it coming as a possibility given those involved.....

:)

I would go through a wall for Chan Gailey and take a bullet for that guy....same for Ted Nolan.

I think a lot of people have a "good gut" on this board. I also think sometimes the need to preserve the image of something important to them gets in the way of what the gut says.

I have no real idea who you are referencing as having good guts. But I will answer this as thou it was directed to me (ego much?). The fact that I may bleed blue, gold, and silver (previously red and black (originally blue and gold)) does not influence me over the fact that we had a owner that got sent to jail, another that seemed to swoop in to save the team to boost his political standing and outright said the team was to be in the black and not the red no matter what, nor that our current owner came in proclaiming hockey heaven and cups (not singular), nor that the greatest goalie and 2nd greatest player (really 2nd greatest? screw you buffalo news) was a drunk a terrible person possibly quit on the teams in front of him and forced his way to a contender and dictated what was acceptable cost. None of these things influence my image of the sabres. Because the sabres are my valhalla, my nirvana, my eden. no player, coach, GM, or even Owner can change that because none of them are more important than the sweater and the crest, they can only contribute to the greatness and richness of it. The negative that they may do stays with them it does not apply to my sweater and crest

I have no real idea who you are referencing as having good guts. But I will answer this as thou it was directed to me (ego much?). The fact that I may bleed blue, gold, and silver (previously red and black (originally blue and gold)) does not influence me over the fact that we had a owner that got sent to jail, another that seemed to swoop in to save the team to boost his political standing and outright said the team was to be in the black and not the red no matter what, nor that our current owner came in proclaiming hockey heaven and cups (not singular), nor that the greatest goalie and 2nd greatest player (really 2nd greatest? screw you buffalo news) was a drunk a terrible person possibly quit on the teams in front of him and forced his way to a contender and dictated what was acceptable cost. None of these things influence my image of the sabres. Because the sabres are my valhalla, my nirvana, my eden. no player, coach, GM, or even Owner can change that because none of them are more important than the sweater and the crest, they can only contribute to the greatness and richness of it. The negative that they may do stays with them it does not apply to my sweater and crest

Understood.

We have all talked about this before. My allegiance is with the city of Buffalo and more importantly, it's people. To me, the Sabres represent the people of this city and are a major civic asset in many ways. The jersey to me means zero. It is the people that are involved representing me and my city I care about.

When there was talk about the Bills signing Michael Vick, I had decided to dump my season tickets if they did. Kids and animals....everything else is fair game to a point. Dom could drink all he wants, and if someone had action on the side and were married...not proud of it, but not the end of the world for an athlete.

I do understand you emotion and passion.

Milbury just ripped PLF on NBCSN. Said basically no big loss and don't let the door hit him in the butt on the way out. He and Jones both think Nolan is on his way out. It is nice to get an out side perspective but does it have to be from Milbury and Jones? Dang

No, ###### those guys. Even reporters close to this situation don't know what went on. So pretty much everything is ######, especially any opinion or analysis by those dickheads.

I'm not crying about PLF leaving, but I'd like to know the real story. However, it's not one that 'll be told soon, so ###### anyone in the national media that tries to tell it, make sense of it, or proselytize about it.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

People griping about LaF quitting job with Ises: He was a volunteer advisor. Cant quit job he didnt have. They ignored him, so he split.

This is garbage. If you're trying to make a name for yourself, in any field, you need to pay your dues. This includes doing all the work and not getting any credit. Does this guy have so much of an ego he thinks things should be automatically handed to him? Isn't this why he preached to the youngsters?

Isn't quitting a volunteer position because your advice wasn't heeded actually worse? A position with no pay and zero power...and you're mad the organization didn't take marching orders from you?

Isn't quitting a volunteer position because your advice wasn't heeded actually worse? A position with no pay and zero power...and you're mad the organization didn't take marching orders from you?

that depends on if your advise was no sir you should not make your backup goalie the GM of this team

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.