Shake up in the office PAT LaFONTAINE RESIGNS

Jeanbe

I could change my mind when more info comes out but to me, this looks poorly on LaFontaine. If he had a beef with Murray or Pegula and wanted to take a stand, fine. If he wanted Nolan to stay on as coach and would resign if that didn't happen, fine. But to do it after the trade and with 4-5 days before the deadline isn't the right time to take a stand on that, even if he wanted to say after he resigned next week that he wasn't directly involved in the trade discussions.

I could change my mind when more info comes out but to me, this looks poorly on LaFontaine. If he had a beef with Murray or Pegula and wanted to take a stand, fine. If he wanted Nolan to stay on as coach and would resign if that didn't happen, fine. But to do it after the trade and with 4-5 days before the deadline isn't the right time to take a stand on that, even if he wanted to say after he resigned next week that he wasn't directly involved in the trade discussions.

Tough time to walk out. Why today and not Thursday?

Patty leaves without buying out Leino. I'm not impressed.

All kidding aside......So he thanks Terry and players but not his colleagues?

“Terry Pegula hired me in November and my primary objective was to lead the Sabres organization through a time of transition,” said Pat LaFontaine. “I'm proud of what we've been able to accomplish in a short period of time and want to thank Terry and Kim Pegula for the opportunity and their support during my time with the Sabres. I also want to convey my best wishes to all of the players in the Sabres organization and to wish them the best of success in the future. Most importantly, I want to convey my heartfelt appreciation to the great fans of the Sabres for the way I have been treated here as a player and as an executive.”

Edited by X. Benedict

If LF is gone and Teddy is gone so I am... hmm the Blues have the same colors... p.s. I am joining a men's league team called the iceholes. If this is true FU Sabres...

Aren't they coached by Roman Maroni?

Fargin' corksorkers!

GO SABRES!!!

Patty came in, did what was asked of him and is going back to his less stressful nhl job.

Clearly Patty is not suited for these executive roles cuz he's jumped ship twice now.

The team has a gm that has some stones and will do what's best for the team.

Lafontaine, great guy, hockey player. Terrible nhl team exec.

Much ado about nothing IMO.

Patty came in, did what was asked of him and is going back to his less stressful nhl job.

Clearly Patty is not suited for these executive roles cuz he's jumped ship twice now.

The team has a gm that has some stones and will do what's best for the team.

Lafontaine, great guy, hockey player. Terrible nhl team exec.

Much ado about nothing IMO.

I agree with you on all of this, but I still would hope Ted Nolan would stay. I'm not sure if he is the best coach, but I'm also not sure he isn't, and I like the guy. In a perfect world, I want the Sabres to get younger and get top picks AND have a coach I like.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.