Shake up in the office PAT LaFONTAINE RESIGNS

Jeanbe

If Nolan gets boned a second time here, there's not enough juju in the universe to overcome the ancient Indian burial ground hex that will fall upon that arena.

Can we just transfer it to the Ralph? I mean, what's a little more bad magic over there?

There were those rumors about Miller getting a new contract earlier this week. So maybe the Pegula side wanted to keep Miller while the people who know hockey (PLF and Murray} knew they had to trade him? If so - it will be a big black mark against Pegula if he forces Patty out.

If Nolan gets boned a second time here, there's not enough juju in the universe to overcome the ancient Indian burial ground hex that will fall upon that arena.

If this is about Nolan again, he's never getting another NHL shot. I can't think of anyone else capable of conjuring up this level of dysfunction and confusion wherever they go.

There were those rumors about Miller getting a new contract earlier this week. So maybe the Pegula side wanted to keep Miller while the people who know hockey (PLF and Murray} knew they had to trade him? If so - it will be a big black mark against Pegula if he forces Patty out.

I guess TP could have stopped it though. So I don't see this scenario playing out like this. I could see PLF stepping down because Miller was still a Sabre and the trade was submarined by TP. But the opposite happened.

Going off the wall here:

The report came out that the Sabres wanted to resign Miller. Maybe PLF was pushing that front.

The NEXT DAY TM comes out and says that a trade is the best move for everybody and that he will not hold contract talks with him. Maybe PLF leaked info to put pressure on Murray to resign him, and the TM pulled the public statement trump card?

A day or two later Miller is in St. Louis, PLF is pissed.

Remember this?

"I want [Ryan Miller] to retire a Sabre..." ~ Terry Pegula

If Ryan Miller wasn't interested in signing an extension then what does it matter what Pegula said? He can't force Miller to sign a contract. He wanted him to sign. Miller did not, apparently.

Edited by LTS

I guess TP could have stopped it though. So I don't see this scenario playing out like this. I could see PLF stepping down because Miller was still a Sabre and the trade was submarined by TP. But the opposite happened.

That's only if Pegula knew about the trade. What if TM didn't tell him beforehand?

If this is about Nolan again, he's never getting another NHL shot. I can't think of anyone else capable of conjuring up this level of dysfunction and confusion wherever they go.

Another version of this is that if PL quits again, he won't get another shot, either.

It must be tough for Nolan. He's a guy whose job it is to win, but the front office's aim is to further dismantle any winning potential from the team. I wonder if Nolan and the FO are not on the same page.

Well, Murray didn't bring in Nolan......

Edited by nucci

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.