GDT: Boston at Buffalo 2-26-14 at 7:30 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

JUST got home; yes, that's a goal, and the Sabs are up?! Awesome.

While I agree it's a goal, I find it interesting that it is somehow legal to hit the goalie with your stick and knock him down, then score a goal because the goalie is knocked down and can't get it. Again, it was totally legal.

How is Chara's goal not goalie interference? He clearly pushed Enroth with his stick. The play by play guy highlighted it. WTF.

"Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal; or (2) an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, inside or outside of his goal crease. Incidental contact with a goalkeeper will be permitted, and resulting goals allowed, when such contact is initiated outside of the goal crease, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact. The rule will be enforced exclusively in accordance with the on-ice judgment of the Referee(s), and not by means of video replay or review.

For purposes of this rule, “contact,” whether incidental or otherwise, shall mean any contact that is made between or among a goalkeeper and attacking player(s), whether by means of a stick or any part of the body."

And yes Chara has the strength to move little Jonas.

boston_chara_300.jpg

Edited by bcardona

How is Chara's goal not goalie interference? He clearly pushed Enroth with his stick. The play by play guy highlighted it. WTF.

"Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal; or (2) an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, inside or outside of his goal crease. Incidental contact with a goalkeeper will be permitted, and resulting goals allowed, when such contact is initiated outside of the goal crease, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact. The rule will be enforced exclusively in accordance with the on-ice judgment of the Referee(s), and not by means of video replay or review.

For purposes of this rule, “contact,” whether incidental or otherwise, shall mean any contact that is made between or among a goalkeeper and attacking player(s), whether by means of a stick or any part of the body."

He did move him with his stick, too late now though. Maybe it's the difference between the #1 team in the conference and #30??

I don't think if I'm Murray if I trade Ott unless it such a great trade for Buffalo. I'm good with trading Miller, Tallinder and possibly Moulson(if it's a good deal). I still think you need a veteran or two around for this rebuild.

Ott's contract expires in 90 days

Unless the return is mind blowing why would u unload him. He said he wants to stay and I think they can get a deal done. The guy just works hard and what a better guy to help the kids!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.