GDT USA vs. Slovenia

JJFIVEOH

Can't believe Emrick mentioned a shutout with 48 seconds left.Cardinal rule in hockey. You don't bring it up. It's like a no-hitter in baseball. You do not talk about it.

Please tell me you're kidding.

He's just trolling.

That and he's pissed that his favorite goalie can't even make an Olympic team, let alone be named MVP in an Olympic tournament.

GO SABRES!!!

I don't believe I was being negative. The game was great and I'm glad that we won. I'm just disappointed that miller couldn't get his shutout.

so instead of celebrating your country's win, you're focused on ONE goal that happened in the final 20 secs (typical, ok) of the 3rd period, and use that as an opportunity to point out that "Miller has gone downhill". Sorry, but that is pure negativity.

I don't believe I was being negative. The game was great and I'm glad that we won. I'm just disappointed that miller couldn't get his shutout.

I'm disappointed too--but that disappointment is somewhat mitigated by Laco's shutout across the street, and nearly completely mitigated by the USA win!

so instead of celebrating your country's win, you're focused on ONE goal that happened in the final 20 secs (typical, ok) of the 3rd period, and use that as an opportunity to point out that "Miller has gone downhill". Sorry, but that is pure negativity.

I think he was picking on the Sabres PR department--it's someone else who is going on about Miller.

You waited 59 minutes and 40-some seconds just to come in here and post this. It's truly a great day for you!

Well, actually I had been time shifting the game - I started watching about 8 AM. I was fast forwarding thru period breaks, and when the whistle is blown.. When I do that, I don't read the forum or post here, to avoid spoilers. I didn't actually get caught up to "Live" until about 2 or 3 minutes left in the game. Or else I would have posted sooner.

BTW, Kessel - he's American - T Pegs should open the wallet and get him away from the Canadians and back to playing in America.

Edited by Jsixspd

I'm disappointed too--but that disappointment is somewhat mitigated by Laco's shutout across the street, and nearly completely mitigated by the USA win!

I think he was picking on the Sabres PR department--it's someone else who is going on about Miller.

I was picking on the sabres twitter manager.

Great game- Kessel was amazing.

Miller was great too. Don't need a shutout to have a great game and there is not much else you can ask of him. He bailed the boys out when they were sleep walking through large parts of this game.

Best play was when Wheeler basically put on a clinic, fired to McDonagh, who then finished for the 4th USA goal. Fun to watch.

Looking forward to our bye.

I thought Miller played well. Square to the shooter and I don't recall seeing any fat rebounds.

The shot that beat him was a rocket, so there's no shame there. It appeared to me it went off of a defenseman's stick but I couldn't tell for sure and watching it at a bar meant I couldn't rewind and look more closely. For those of you who recorded it, was it deflected or was that just the Bloody Marys playing tricks on my eyes?

It just shows that Miller has gone downhill in the last few seasons. Slovenia wasn't exactly a powerhouse team, and no one can reasonably proffer the excuse that he didn't have a good line in front of him, or that he was facing so many shots - only 18

Slovenia scored two on Russia and 3 on Slovakia. I wouldn't try to use Slovenia to put down Miller. If it wasn't for Miller's strong play today, the game could've been much different. The US was clinging to a 2 goal lead and Slovenia controlled play until Kessel scored his 3rd goal. Give Miller some credit.

Surprised at success of U.S team. Clearly they would appear as good a shot as anyone else for a Gold Medal, arguably they look best to this point. Russians on the other hand not as strong or impressive as thought to be. Is it possible they playing possum somewhat. Would not be first time they have played middling , then stepped it up when it counts. Believe it hard to get a idea as to who is who, think most teams step it up in elimination rounds. Interesting Canada seemingly have chosen Kerry Price as their goaltender . Good for U.S team to this point, do hope at the end a sense of goodwill will prevail. Its a game .

(Toronto bars for remainder of Olympics to open a 6:00 am so folks can watch games at their favorite watering hole. )

Edited by millbank

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.