Job Ray

IKnowPhysics

Marty Biron intrigues me as a color guy since so many have him pegged as a broadcaster. They need to get a true color guy in there and not somebody in between the boards.

I've heard Marty as a guest and this guy is entertaining. I can't remember the game but I think it was on TSN. Well spoken and loves to talk. As far as color guys go he'd be pretty colorful.

I like Rob Ray. He's not a journalist, he has an excuse. It's nice to have somebody speaking from the players' perspective. With the rapid decline of journalistic integrity in the professional world, somebody like Rob Ray should be the last to get criticized for his lack of vocabulary.

However, I agree with the pat-on-the-back encouragements like he's talking to an 8 year old tee ball team. Pierre McGuire does it all the time with his 'go have fun out there', it irks the hell out of me. These are grown men, professional athletes. Stop talking to them like children. Rob's not the only one that does it, it happens all the time.

The drinking game is no you're right. Occasionally I hear him say ya you're right and it stops me cold. What is this? Drinking game part two?

We could do a lot worse than him though so I am willing to suffer with him. Razor is a good guy to boot too eh!

• 3 weeks later...

Last night's check list:

he says either "nice job," "good job," "great job," or "excellent job."

Check.

no your right

Check.

"He seen it..."

Check.

"acrost"

Check.

I actually liked the work he did last night up in the booth with Dan Dunleavy. You didn't get coach or player interviews as readily as being down between the benches, but Rayzor spent more time on what Tim Murray was up to both during-game and in the intermissions. Maybe it's less distracting, who knows.

Last night's check list:

Check.

Check.

Check.

Check.

I actually liked the work he did last night up in the booth with Dan Dunleavy. You didn't get coach or player interviews as readily as being down between the benches, but Rayzor spent more time on what Tim Murray was up to both during-game and in the intermissions. Maybe it's less distracting, who knows.

no. Your right B-)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.