Mr Ryan Miller....

spndnchz

Is anyone going to miss Miller when he leaves? I ask because he is really the only Sabres goalie I know. When Haske was here I was young and I do remember him but Miller is really the one guy I have always watched. Part of me will be sad when he leaves.

It's sort of like when an older relative is at the end of their life, and they're really sick and in pain for months or years. When they finally pass away, you're almost relieved.

That's how I feel about this whole thing. I will really miss Ryan Miller the goalie, and Ryan Miller the guy involved in the Buffalo community, and Ryan Miller the goaltender for Team USA. But at the same time the long, painful, protracted exit (which feels like it's been going since the Lucic incident) is just making me want to get this over with. He needs to move on and we need to move on.

I definitely will NOT miss the one million posts speculating on what Miller wants or what Miller is like as a teammate. That's been going on since maybe Black Sunday when the thought was that he'd want to bolt for Detroit the first chance he got.

It's sort of like when an older relative is at the end of their life, and they're really sick and in pain for months or years. When they finally pass away, you're almost relieved.

That's how I feel about this whole thing. I will really miss Ryan Miller the goalie, and Ryan Miller the guy involved in the Buffalo community, and Ryan Miller the goaltender for Team USA. But at the same time the long, painful, protracted exit (which feels like it's been going since the Lucic incident) is just making me want to get this over with. He needs to move on and we need to move on.

I definitely will NOT miss the one million posts speculating on what Miller wants or what Miller is like as a teammate. That's been going on since maybe Black Sunday when the thought was that he'd want to bolt for Detroit the first chance he got.

Its going to be a pretty quiet place around here when that happens.........

Is anyone going to miss Miller when he leaves? I ask because he is really the only Sabres goalie I know. When Haske was here I was young and I do remember him but Miller is really the one guy I have always watched. Part of me will be sad when he leaves.

You will eventually end your player love while your fandom evolves into the pure quest for the Cup mindset. I was very sad the day Perreault retired, but time heals all wounds as they say. Along came PLF and Molginy, then on to the Dominator, D/B and so on. When your young you can afford to look at individual players with adoration, as you get older, if a Championship doesn't produce itself, you forget the individual players and start to look at the larger puzzle and what's needed to complete it for the ultimate prize.

And I hope for the fans 27 or so and younger you guys and gals don't have to wait as us older fans have. I'd like a Cup before I end up in the ground, it would be nice. Just one of em, just one. It would make a world of difference.

Its going to be a pretty quiet place around here when that happens.........

How do you figure? We're nowhere near resolution of Kassian vs. Hodgson. Stafford and Leino are still bums. Debate of a GM's job of winning trades vs. building a team still has legs. There's always the win games now vs. win seasons later disagreement.

Well find things to argue about, darnit!

My seats are at the end of the rink we are at in the first and third period. I will very much miss miller. Over the years the dude has provided many saves that have caused the crowd to stand and applaud and hail MILLERRRRRRR!!!!!! I will really miss him.

I was hoping he re signed because as bad as we are with him, I'm afraid of how very bad we will be without him. However I think if he was going to re sign it would have happened by now. Combine that with some of the comments from GMTM and you can see the writing on the wall. Time to pull the trigger on a deal. Wish him well and see if he wants to come back for his last two years in a back up role and be a participant of a cup run here.

Thank you Ryan for all you have given us over the years. Best of luck with your new team and hope you win a cup.

This Ryan Miller thing is getting quite dragged out to say the least. Something needs to be done real soon...Sign or got off the boat...

I think he'll be on the team through the break, but he'll be gone within the few days following the end of trade freeze.

If we were to attempt to trade Miller for Tarensenko, how much of the trade would Miller be worth?

25% 50% 75% ?

I'm not naïve to think Miller for Tarensenko is possible, however with the depth St.L has already and their need for a vet potentially elite goalie if Murray were to insist on Tarensenko do you think it could happen?

In the ideal scenario we'd have 3 teams(St.L, Minn{Harding still injured}, Wash) bidding at Miller, and potentially a couple others. (Anaheim? NYI? Chicago even?)

If we were to attempt to trade Miller for Tarensenko, how much of the trade would Miller be worth?

25% 50% 75% ?

I'm not naïve to think Miller for Tarensenko is possible, however with the depth St.L has already and their need for a vet potentially elite goalie if Murray were to insist on Tarensenko do you think it could happen?

In the ideal scenario we'd have 3 teams(St.L, Minn{Harding still injured}, Wash) bidding at Miller, and potentially a couple others. (Anaheim? NYI? Chicago even?)

I think you would have to trade MIller + a lot of crap for Tarasenko, the blues love him.

25% 50% 75% ?

Contending teams don't trade impact players away. They use prospects and picks.

Go West Young Man!

@MaximMag

Today's Girl is Noureen DeWulf. Not easy to spell, but certainly easy to look at. http://bit.ly/1gHfKTG

This is tough to word without it coming across as some form of "I could do better" (I certainly don't mean that) but I'll try.

I don't see the attraction. As far as models go, she's kind of weird looking, and not in a good way in my opinion.

This is tough to word without it coming across as some form of "I could do better" (I certainly don't mean that) but I'll try.

I don't see the attraction. As far as models go, she's kind of weird looking, and not in a good way in my opinion.

Their kids would certainly have unique eyes

They're a good fit.

@BuffaloSabres

WATCH: Ryan Miller's comments today on #Sochi2014 + his future in Buffalo. http://goo.gl/8ByIDS

pic.twitter.com/d5bqWaNi2p

Miller said he hasn't had any conversations regarding a contract extension or trades. Says he still doesn't know what the plan is. And he hinted at/basically said that the trade list was submitted in the summer. He said "anything is possible" when asked if tomorrow will be his last game here.

When asked if he has told the team whether or not he wants to be here he said he wouldn't share that info with the media.

Edited by Tankalicious

Miller said he hasn't had any conversations regarding a contract extension or trades. Says he still doesn't know what the plan is. And he hinted at/basically said that the trade list was submitted in the summer. He said "anything is possible" when asked if tomorrow will be his last game here.

When asked if he has told the team whether or not he wants to be here he said he wouldn't share that info with the media.

I would kind of take that as a NO

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.