GDT: Carolina at Buffalo 2-25-14 at 7:00 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

I need to get to Main St rail station. Don't want to imagine the snowed in car after the game. lol

Assuming the Metro is still running?

If you live in Buffalo, there is no driving ban. If you live in a suburb, it depends on which suburb.

Paul Hamilton@pham1717 1m

According to Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News and Observers the Canes have been told the game is off

Retweeted by WGR 550

Johnny I think posted the same tweet... waiting to hear for sure

I should add that some of the Buffalo guys have not heard anything about the game being off. Safe to assume they are making calls and checking now.

Paul Hamilton@pham1717 1m

According to Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News and Observers the Canes have been told the game is off

Retweeted by WGR 550

Johnny I think posted the same tweet... waiting to hear for sure

I should add that some of the Buffalo guys have not heard anything about the game being off. Safe to assume they are making calls and checking now.

Yes, same info I found.

Let's close the thread.

And then reopen it when the game actually happens.

Or we could keep it open and take bets on the new date.

There are no real dates during the season without extreme travel or timing problems. Could see them just putting it on April 15th and then canceling it if neither team is in the postseason race.

Edited by DStebb

Just got the NHL gamecenter text confirming the game is postponed...bummer.

And then reopen it when the game actually happens.

Or we could keep it open and take bets on the new date.

There are no real dates during the season without extreme travel or timing problems. Could see them just putting it on April 15th and then canceling it if neither team is in the postseason race.

it could change the order of the draft based on lottery % due to slotting. it'll get played at some point.

it could change the order of the draft based on lottery % due to slotting. it'll get played at some point.

Maybe. But there is a chance that neither team is within two points of the next team. We'll see. I know baseball has had multiple occasions where teams didn't play the full schedule. But that's obviously different.

You don't watch many Florida Panther games do you?

######, you beat me to it.

Well boo. Still No reason not to eat bad bar food and drink beers and yell at complete strangers for me tonight.

Fixed!

Edited by MattPie

I think you're right about all of this, but I also think they gave up on him in the sense that with more time and patience, he likely would've developed into the kind of player he is in Carolina -- i.e. a top-pair defenseman who brings a lot of offense. That kind of player -- especially one on a very cheap contract -- is worth quite a bit more than a 2nd-rounder plus a journeyman (McBain).

They needed the pick now, and Sekera's value was what it was. It wasn't giving up as much as it was, this was his value at the time they needed to make the deal. Waiting another year for development = expanding the rebuild another year.

We are probably arguing semantics.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.