Tyler Myers to have a hearing - hit on Zubrus

Weave

Myers suspended three games for check to the head

DoPS Video: Myers Suspension

NEW YORK -- Buffalo Sabres defenseman Tyler Myers has been suspended for three games, without pay, for an illegal check to the head of New Jersey Devils forward Dainius Zubrus during NHL Game No. 628 in Buffalo on Saturday, Jan. 4, the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety announced today.

The incident occurred at 7:02 of the third period. Myers was assessed a minor penalty for an illegal check to the head.

Under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement and based on his average annual salary, Myers will forfeit $84,615.39. The money goes to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.

Wow......just saw the Lupul hit on Eaves, which needed "his jaw to be reset", and that gets zero games? I'll never understand the spin the wheel style of justice the NHL has. Worst problem now is that Myers' next transgression will be given the Kaleta treatment. And watching him on a night in, night out basis he is the furthest thing from a physical player who needs to be policed.

Wow......just saw the Lupul hit on Eaves, which needed "his jaw to be reset", and that gets zero games? I'll never understand the spin the wheel style of justice the NHL has. Worst problem now is that Myers' next transgression will be given the Kaleta treatment. And watching him on a night in, night out basis he is the furthest thing from a physical player who needs to be policed.

11's theory explains it quite well. Can't immediately come up w/ any decisions that the theory doesn't explain.

I agree. Watch Chara on a night in night out basis and see at LEAST one or two transgressions worse than Myers and as close to Lupuls crosscheck as you can get without resetting the jaw. This guy is as dirty, I'll repeat as D.I.R.T.Y. as they come but not considered a repeat offender because he's never been disciplined. What's up wit that ?

James Earl Jones: Tyler Myers is a total Hitty McHitterson.

Malcom McDowell: Obvi. He's crazeballs.

James Earl Jones: He's the hittiest hitty to ever hitty. I'm giving him three GAAAMMMES.

Malcom McDowell: Three games? Totes McGotes.

James Earl Jones: TOTES MCGOTES.

This is fantastic.

James Earl Jones: He's the hittiest hitty to ever hitty. I'm giving him three GAAAMMMES.

:lol:

I agree. Watch Chara on a night in night out basis and see at LEAST one or two transgressions worse than Myers and as close to Lupuls crosscheck as you can get without resetting the jaw. This guy is as dirty, I'll repeat as D.I.R.T.Y. as they come but not considered a repeat offender because he's never been disciplined. What's up wit that ?

The league's bias has always been sickening.

The fact that Chara - One of the dirtiest pieces of ###### in modern hockey cannot be disciplined, is beyond ridiculous.

Whoa.

The league's bias has always been sickening.

The fact that Chara - One of the dirtiest pieces of ###### in modern hockey cannot be disciplined, is beyond ridiculous.

And the last time Buffalo played Boston.... Mike Robitaille was singing Chara's praises during the period break analysis. Robitaille's stock dropped considerably in my book - I was disgusted by it.

Chara is awesome. Period. I don't think Chara is dirty, at all. That being said, he has committed several plays that would have gotten others suspended. Oh, well.

This is my feeling as well. I don't think he's dirty, I just think he should be penalized more often.

And the last time Buffalo played Boston.... Mike Robitaille was singing Chara's praises during the period break analysis. Robitaille's stock dropped considerably in my book - I was disgusted by it.

Chara is a great player who I am sure we all (or mostly) wish we had on the team. That said, he is borderline dirty with respect to his aggressive style and seems to be immune from penalties.

Archived