GDT: Buffalo at Toronto 12-27-13 at 7:30 PM EST

Doohickie

The difference in talent between the Sabres and the Leafs was pretty striking to me tonight. We don't have anyone who comes close to about 6 guys on their team in terms of speed, stick handling, passing,… whatever. I wouldn't be all that pleased if I were a Leaf's fan tonight.

FTR, I said I hated the SO before we lost it. I also said I hated it after we won the last one and I would be saying this even if we had won. Neither team deserved 2 points tonight and I would have been fine with both only getting 1 point after the OT.

The difference in talent between the Sabres and the Leafs was pretty striking to me tonight. We don't have anyone who comes close to about 6 guys on their team in terms of speed, stick handling, passing,… whatever. I wouldn't be all that pleased if I were a Leaf's fan tonight.

FTR, I said I hated the SO before we lost it. I also said I hated it after we won the last one and I would be saying this even if we had won. Neither team deserved 2 points tonight and I would have been fine with both only getting 1 point after the OT.

1. And keep in mind, the comparison is to the freaking LEAVES. Not Boston, not Pittsburgh, Chicago, Anaheim, etc. The comparison is to a team that will be fighting for the 7th or 8th playoff spot. That's how bad the Sabres are.

2. There are plenty--including you (and me)--who have hated the shootout since its introduction. You are on record, don't worry.

agree with this. If win can be negative it was for Leafs just as if a loss can be a positive so it was for Sabres. Kept fighting tied the game, got it into shootout, this a road game. Got to be relieved is the feeling the the Leafs room , where in Sabres disappointed they could not find a way to score a few in shootout. Mind much of this not new as from the Sabres inception until today , the Sabres in lean years or good have the Leafs number .

agree with this. If win can be negative it was for Leafs just as if a loss can be a positive so it was for Sabres. Kept fighting tied the game, got it into shootout, this a road game. Got to be relieved is the feeling the the Leafs room , where in Sabres disappointed they could not find a way to score a few in shootout. Mind much of this not new as from the Sabres inception until today , the Sabres in lean years or good have the Leafs number .

DId NOT "keep fighting"; the Sabres didn't play 60 minutes at all. (Or 65.) There was no effort in the second period, and the OT was nearly a five-minute TO powerplay.

you given Leafs no credit for stepping up their play in second, it rather the Sabres didnt give effort, sorry don't buy that. Guy come over to shoot box and talk all things culinary and more, to much analysis of games like tonight likely bad for us.

DId NOT "keep fighting"; the Sabres didn't play 60 minutes at all. (Or 65.) There was no effort in the second period, and the OT was nearly a five-minute TO powerplay.

Sabres didn't play a full 60 minutes.

And Miller had an average game, at best, including letting in 1 out of only 3 shots in the shootout. When's the last time he had a shutout?

Officiating was horribly biased in Toronto's favor too - lots of penalties that should have been called against the Leafs that weren't! Like Moulson getting shoved into the net pipes after the 3rd period goal, for just one of many examples.

And Leino is a liability - when he's on the ice, it's almost like the opponent has a 5 on 4.

Well the officials ( I'll use that term loosely ) saw fit to finally give us a powerplay in the dying minutes of the game. The second period when the Leafs ahem, stepped up their game, was when they were given the distinct advantage of a couple of bad calls against the Sabres.

Sabres didn't play a full 60 minutes.

And Miller had an average game, at best, including letting in 1 out of only 3 shots in the shootout. When's the last time he had a shutout?

Officiating was horribly biased in Toronto's favor too - lots of penalties that should have been called against the Leafs that weren't! Like Moulson getting shoved into the net pipes after the 3rd period goal, for just one of many examples.

And Leino is a liability - when he's on the ice, it's almost like the opponent has a 5 on 4.

Miller was very strong tonight IMO.

Thank you, I'm freeking drunk right now, been watching the game from my phone from pub :D

I'll get recap tomorrow but this has been the feelilng for me all season long, we don't have to put ourselves up to leafs standards, right now i want to see a fighting squad and im happy with a OT loss to the leafs. Allthough i haven't experienced the frustration of seeing the game live, we all have to keep in mind, we are better off than most teams bottoming out.

We are the ###### sabres nation, nothing can beat that :D

you given Leafs no credit for stepping up their play in second, it rather the Sabres didnt give effort, sorry don't buy that. Guy come over to shoot box and talk all things culinary and more, to much analysis of games like tonight likely bad for us.

Ok, I was able to parse through the first sentence, but I have no idea wtf the second one means, especially the bolded parts.

Miller was very strong tonight IMO.

Nobody should be dissing Miller, he is one of the few bright spots on this team, even if he leaves i want to get a sabres jersey with his name.

Frak yeah i said it.

Nobody should be dissing Miller, he is one of the few bright spots on this team, even if he leaves i want to get a sabres jersey with his name.

Frak yeah i said it.

Drunkie going to bed now, in shame for putting a sabres game above boozing :D

Archived