Horrific Injury in Quebec's North American Hockey League

inkman

I just got back from the ER with seven stitches in my shin. Took a misstep over an open computer floor panel. Does that count as a gruesome, man-style injury?… probably not. Actually, I'm a little embarrassed that I told anyone.

Why don't they just make antibiotic duct tape? I would rather have just used that. At least then I could have played hockey tomorrow, and just got stitched up on Wednesday.

I just got back from the ER with seven stitches in my shin. Took a misstep over an open computer floor panel. Does that count as a gruesome, man-style injury?… probably not. Actually, I'm a little embarrassed that I told anyone.

Why don't they just make antibiotic duct tape? I would rather have just used that. At least then I could have played hockey tomorrow, and just got stitched up on Wednesday.

I'm convinced the glue in duct tape actually heals wounds. I gashed my shoulder in high school during a stage crew build, slapped some tape over the wound and left it there because I was too busy to care. Never had a scar.

I'm sorry to hear man, but seems like you have a pretty positive outlook on things and have a strong other half to lean on.... I hit a deer on my motorcycle in 05 @ 70mph,i always wear a full face helmet or else I woulda been a goner.... My helmet shattered and I had a nasty concussion.... Lost a piece of my heel and all the skin on my back and left calf, also ripped the muscle right near the armpit... But surprisingly after about a month I was riding again, no real scarring....... Did u go to ecmc after the accident?

I was pretty pissed off for awhile since this was caused by a distracted driver and it still boils my blood when I see all these azzholes texting, reading, putting on makeup etc during my daily commute to work. But this was in NC, on a road that I was traveling only because my regular route home from work was detoured. I had never driven that route before nor have I since. I went by ambulance to the county trauma center, but when they realized I needed eye surgery they had to fly me to UNC hospital in Chapel Hill. I was in surgery for 13 hours to put my face back together and reattach my retina.

I'm glad to hear that you came out relatively unscathed from your accident. Even before this happened to me my wife always told me that she would kill me herself if she ever caught me on a motorcycle. The motorcycle accident injuries she has witnessed when she worked at ECMC have really stayed with her.

No were near as gruesome or painful as taking a spill on a motorcycle (which fortunately I never have, yet) I took a spill of my own over the weekend.

See, I sleepwalk. This time I took a header right on the floor. I woke up half way down to feel my head bounce off the floor, twice. Went to the Doctor, yup, mild concussion. Couldn't keep a straight thought, bright lights hurt, any kind of noise hurts, dizzy, sick to my stomach feeling. I know now what these hockey players feel like when they get one.

Just feeling better now. I can't imagine living with that the rest of your life.

No were near as gruesome or painful as taking a spill on a motorcycle (which fortunately I never have, yet) I took a spill of my own over the weekend.

See, I sleepwalk. This time I took a header right on the floor. I woke up half way down to feel my head bounce off the floor, twice. Went to the Doctor, yup, mild concussion. Couldn't keep a straight thought, bright lights hurt, any kind of noise hurts, dizzy, sick to my stomach feeling. I know now what these hockey players feel like when they get one.

Just feeling better now. I can't imagine living with that the rest of your life.

My 16 yr old son has had 3 concussions. The last one messed him up pretty good for 2 weeks solid. That one was 3 years ago. He still occassionally gets brutal headaches, almost migraine-like.

I'm sorry to hear man, but seems like you have a pretty positive outlook on things and have a strong other half to lean on.... I hit a deer on my motorcycle in 05 @ 70mph,i always wear a full face helmet or else I woulda been a goner.... My helmet shattered and I had a nasty concussion.... Lost a piece of my heel and all the skin on my back and left calf, also ripped the muscle right near the armpit... But surprisingly after about a month I was riding again, no real scarring....... Did u go to ecmc after the accident?

I'm sure you have no idea whether or not this happened, but for whatever reason, I picture the deer immediately getting up and then running off.

You've been having a rather Tim Connolly-esque 2013 haven't you?

I'll have to invite you when I finally get my pet project, The IT-Games, rolling. I've been thinking about events for years, but you just gave me a great idea: the Open Floor Tile Steeplechase. It'll go well with Server Deadlift to Top of Rack, Cable Toss, Laptop 4x100 relay, and 2 or 4-Man Pushcart Racing.

I'll have to invite you when I finally get my pet project, The IT-Games, rolling. I've been thinking about events for years, but you just gave me a great idea: the Open Floor Tile Steeplechase. It'll go well with Server Deadlift to Top of Rack, Cable Toss, Laptop 4x100 relay, and 2 or 4-Man Pushcart Racing.

Don't forget the Over-tightened Zip Tie Clip-off.

Don't forget the Over-tightened Zip Tie Clip-off.

I'd think we'd have to use equestrian scoring where you get bad-points for nicking a cable; I like it. I'm thinking there's a couple disciplines in the cable toss, under-floor, distance, or tossing boxes of CAT6 backwards over a wall (like the highland game).

I'd think we'd have to use equestrian scoring where you get bad-points for nicking a cable; I like it. I'm thinking there's a couple disciplines in the cable toss, under-floor, distance, or tossing boxes of CAT6 backwards over a wall (like the highland game).

How about a Team Cable-running? Where you have to feed 200 feet of CAT6 through a drop ceiling, a false wall, and down to the server room in the basement? There is also zero acceptable lighting and it's 100 degrees.

I'm sure you have no idea whether or not this happened, but for whatever reason, I picture the deer immediately getting up and then running off.

Haha nope, that doe was a goner.... A few buddies of mine actually went to where the accident was and drug the deer outta the ditch.... We all enjoyed venison for several weeks after..... A lil twisted redemption I guess you could say.

Yep, that all looks familiar. He'll have the option of having some scar revision surgery, but he's going to have to live with that one, and whatever chicks that might dig it.

Judging by his bald head and neckchin, I'm going to say it'll have to be whomever he is married to :P

Archived