GDT: Buffalo @ Montreal; 12-7-13 @ 7:00pm

Robviously

My first GDT of all time. OF ALL TIME.

SABRES (6-21-2) at CANADIENS (18-9-3)

TV: CBC, RDS, MSG-B

Last 10: Buffalo 3-6-1; Montreal 8-1-1

Season series: The Montreal Canadiens won their first game against the Buffalo Sabres, 3-1 on Nov. 27. After Saturday, they won't meet again for three months before facing off twice in a week in March.

Big story: These longtime rivals enter the game looking at each other from different ends of the Atlantic Division. Montreal beat the Boston Bruins 2-1 on Thursday to overtake them in the division standings, although Boston holds two games in hand. Buffalo is last in the overall standings with 14 points after a 3-1 loss to the New York Rangers on Thursday. The Sabres have one win in their past eight games.

NHL.com preview: http://www.nhl.com/g...w?id=2013020439

ESPN.com preview: http://scores.espn.g...ameId=400484682

We're still completely iced in in Dallas so this game may have to be my entertainment for the day. Uh oh.

I'll be watching. Be nice to see them compete like they did against the Sharks.

At the start of the season I took solace in the fact the Habs got off to a bad start too. What a difference a month makes, they're probably the hottest team in the league now. I'll watch too, but I'm afraid this one could get ugly early...

Habs will lay out a big ol beatdown I'm afraid. They are the antithesis of what the Sabres represent. They're playing with confidence and pride and they have talent. They're also playing in the Bell Centre which is always good for a couple phantom calls for the home team. Nationally broadcast in Canada so the embarrassment factor amongst my friends with their post game jabs on social media will be high but I'm a long suffering Sabres fan so I deserve what I got coming. As others have said this could get fugly. In any event, as always...

GO SABRES !

Kinda odd that Ted is starting Jhonas seeing as Ryan has only played 1 game the past week, and the sabres don't play again until tuesday. Hmmm this is an interesting decision IMO and could mean a number of different things.

Well Enroth has complained lack of playing time was hurting his Olympic chances...

Flew into raleigh today to visit my preggo lil sis.... So pretty sure I won't be watching the game.... Prolly check out some college games this evening... Check in on the score and see what people post... Btw, drew Stafford is my father

That would make you Doogie Houser

A thought of a couple of possibilities as well. Probably reading to

Could be, it could be a number of things. Teds advocating to build around Ryan sure does make it a strange decision considering they only play 2 games in 10 days..

Maybe they got a different message out of Miller with their talks.

A thought of a couple of possibilities as well. Probably reading to

Maybe they got a different message out of Miller with their talks.

That could be too. Don't really know what kind of talks they had or how in depth they were but there have not been any rumblings one way or the other. Maybe RM is just feeling a bit under the weather, who knows.

That could be too. Don't really know what kind of talks they had or how in depth they were but there have not been any rumblings one way or the other. Maybe RM is just feeling a bit under the weather, who knows.

Could be. We're probably reading too much into it.

I've got a good feeling about this game, 3-1 Sabres.

Enroth in net.

Stafford and Ehrhoff not at practice.

Stafford and Ehrhoff are fine, they just skippped an optional skate.

2 games in 10 days, worse team in hockey, and two of your veterans skip the"optional" skate. We are what we are.

2 games in 10 days, worse team in hockey, and two of your veterans skip the"optional" skate. We are what we are.

We don't know whatcs going on no more than we know why Miller is sitting again. They could both be under the weather. They could have taken the day off because after 3 days of practice there's nothing to cover. Who knows? Ehrhoff is probably the last Sabre I would label lazy, he's a professional and the last person that would cut corners.

I still blame the man who put this clusterf*** of a roster together in the first place.

Sometimes when a person leaves the public eye they just fade away. I don't think Regier is going to enjoy this luxury. As more and more of his mistakes are exposed and corrected, his stock is likely to fall even farther. Darcy Regier may ultimately wind up being more hated in the future than he was on the day he was fired.

Sometimes when a person leaves the public eye they just fade away. I don't think Regier is going to enjoy this luxury. As more and more of his mistakes are exposed and corrected, his stock is likely to fall even farther. Darcy Regier may ultimately wind up being more hated in the future than he was on the day he was fired.

I'm still pissed at Bowman, and it's been thirty years since he dismantled a good team.

Archived