OT: Yancy's Fancy

Doohickie

Watching the Coyotes/Canucks. One of the commercials in the rotation is a Yancy's Fancy ad, basically one of the ones you've seen, with Mike Robataille as the "celebrity" endorser (I would think only Buffalo ex-pats would know who he is). Kind of weird to hear about Pembroke, NY, on the Coyotes broadcast.

Watching the Coyotes/Canucks. One of the commercials in the rotation is a Yancy's Fancy ad, basically one of the ones you've seen, with Mike Robataille as the "celebrity" endorser (I would think only Buffalo ex-pats would know who he is). Kind of weird to hear about Pembroke, NY, on the Coyotes broadcast.

To be fair, I beleive he did play for the Canucks at some point, as well. Still weird for Yancy's Fancy's to be advertised all the way on the west coast, haha.

Not really on the same topic as you, but i once went to visit a friend in Seattle, and we went to Vancouver and stayed with one of his female friends apartments, and their "local" Fox News channel was Fox Rochester. Now... that was weird.

Anybody know why that was or if it's still the case?

Yancey's Fancy is available in many locations in AZ and also the entire country: http://www.yanceysfancy.com/location/browse

I've seen that, too -- first time I saw a Yancey's ad on the boards at their arena I was really surprised!

We've got their cheeses here in the grocery store, too.

Try the Buffalo Wing cheese. Nice spicy bite. I like matching it up with a CheezeIt.

I find the "buffalo" flavor too overpowering. I enjoy subtleties in flavor and this cheese screams "YOU ARE EATING A BUFFALO FLAVOR CHEESE" rather than "enjoy this spicy cheese with a hint of "buffalo flavor"

Funny thing I saw on the news thats cheese related is they're starting to de-ice roads with cheese brine instead of salt. Salt attracts animals which in turn get hit by vehicles but apparently salt is useless below certain temperatures whereas cheese brine works fine. Also using beet juice in some places. Sorry for going ot but I thought it was interesting.

I find the "buffalo" flavor too overpowering. I enjoy subtleties in flavor and this cheese screams "YOU ARE EATING A BUFFALO FLAVOR CHEESE" rather than "enjoy this spicy cheese with a hint of "buffalo flavor"

To each his own. When I get a block of it, I tend to polish it off in record time. I'm helped by the fact that it is too spicy for the family, so it's 'mine all mine'.

Archived