2013 / 2014 World Junior Championship

Derrico

So far its been all Fucale on Canadas side. 2 shots on net just won't do it.

13-6 shots after 1

Good first period. Fucale has great fundamentals and Gillies some great reflexes. Eichel looks like he is having fun out there. Boy Petan looks like he is going to be a player.

FUCALE!!

:censored:

:cry:

I missed the goal--can someone describe?

4-4 play for about 20 seconds in the Canada end, just as it become the Canada pp Riley Barber gets it behind the net as the puck is going around the boards, he goes the opposite way, Fucale leans where the puck was going and Barber wraps it in off Fucale's skate for a short-handed goal

I missed the goal--can someone describe?

Fucale saw the pick go behind the net and thought the player was coming out the opposite side, and didn't follow the puck. Us player grabbed it and quickly put it back on net from the side it came from off fucales skate as fucale was leaving his post anticipating the puck being on the other side. Big mistake

What am I wrong about? The part where his coach had him in a green jersey for practice and called him out after to talk about stuff? The part where he spent most of the 3rd against the Czechs nailed to the bench after some dumb penalties?

The comments I responded to were talking about how amazing this kid has been playing, which his coaches seem to disagree with.

Did you not read my question? I asked if you watched the game! I know you didn't answer because you didn't watch, yes I also read the articles! What I'm talking about you had to watch the game to see so there's no point in my discussing this with you.

Hmm, if Brent Sutter think McDavid is overrated and playing terrible, why would he put him on the 2nd line against USA? There is something called discipline, just because a player is disciplined by his coach does not mean he's overrated, in fact it means the coach knows he can do much better!

2nd wasn't as lopsided with no one dominating play. Great period of hockey. Canada a little unlucky with 2 posts.

These international refs seem a little less likely to call the 5-3. With Canada on the powerplay a U.S. defender looses his stick and wraps the Canadian in a bear hug and no call. Overall the officiating has been good.

Archived