2013 / 2014 World Junior Championship

Derrico

So you're a new poster who posts things in a thread without reading it and then personally attacks the guy who tells you about it?

;

Here's my advice: don't do that, and keep it light :)

I was just making a comment to let anyone who was reading, know why Compher was cut!!! Sorry I didn't post a thread but I'm on my phone and its a little complicated!! Your comment was disrespectful and unnecessary! Sorry I like to keep it light but if your going to "attack" me, I'll call you out Everytime! So I apologize for being rude as well! Next time don't be a jerk! Keep your chin up kid!

So you're a new poster who posts things in a thread without reading it and then personally attacks the guy who tells you about it?

;

Here's my advice: don't do that, and keep it light :)

Posts things in a thread without reading it?? Anything and everything I post in here is 100% fact, all that I'm trying to do is inform people!!!

Posts things in a thread without reading it?? Anything and everything I post in here is 100% fact, all that I'm trying to do is inform people!!!

I don't think the validity of anything you posted was ever being questioned. But do try to make sure you're not reposting something that has already been posted, it's not really that difficult to check and whining about reading back in the thread really isn't going to fly around here because it comes off as lazy and egocentric.

I don't think the validity of anything you posted was ever being questioned. But do try to make sure you're not reposting something that has already been posted, it's not really that difficult to check and whining about reading back in the thread really isn't going to fly around here because it comes off as lazy and egocentric.

Ahh, okay thanks man! I was pretty sure that it was posted yet! Must of been wrong! Sorry boys!

My apologies to everyone!! I didn't exactly understand what you guys were mad about! Now I see that I posted what someone else had already posted haha! I won't let it happen again and I'm sorry for coming off like a jerk!!

Look up thread kid.

Sorry buddy, thought you meant I should of posted a link instead of copy pasting! Hadn't realized that someone else beat me to the punch!! Still don't like being called a kid though! I have 2 kids I'm not a kid anymore!

Cheers!

Sorry buddy, thought you meant I should of posted a link instead of copy pasting! Hadn't realized that someone else beat me to the punch!! Still don't like being called a kid though! I have 2 kids I'm not a kid anymore!

Cheers!

I'll keep that in mind. Welcome to the board. Any new info is great but make sure it hasn't already been posted as was already mentioned it's not that hard to verify it hasn't been said.

I'll keep that in mind. Welcome to the board. Any new info is great but make sure it hasn't already been posted as was already mentioned it's not that hard to verify it hasn't been said.

Thanks man!! I'll definitely double check next time

Ahh, okay thanks man! I was pretty sure that it was posted yet! Must of been wrong! Sorry boys!

My apologies to everyone!! I didn't exactly understand what you guys were mad about! Now I see that I posted what someone else had already posted haha! I won't let it happen again and I'm sorry for coming off like a jerk!!

Cheers!

Now you just have to cut back on your use of "!". :)

Just kidding, welcome!

CANADA BEATS SWISS IN FINAL WJHC PRE-COMPETITION GAME

TRELLEBORG, Sweden - Jonathan Drouin scored twice to lead Canada's national junior hockey squad to a 4-1 exhibition win over Switzerland on Monday.

It was the final tuneup for Canada, which opens the world junior tournament Thursday against Germany.

Canada finished with a 2-1 exhibition record but was coming off a 3-0 loss to Sweden on Sunday.

Bo Horvat and Connor McDavid had the other goals for Canada. Jake Paterson stopped 23 shots in goal.

Yannick Rathgeb replied for Switzerland while Melvin Nyffeler stopped 29 shots.

Rathgeb opened the scoring on the power play just 1:21 into the first period. But Drouin countered with power-play goals at 15:31 and 17:02 to put Canada ahead to stay.

Horvat scored short handed at 19:51 of the second before McDavid rounded out the scoring at 4:38 of the third.

Reinhart with 3 assists.

I'm on the iPad and don't have the link but I thought I heard girgorenko had 2g and Zadorov had an assist in Russia's last wjc tune up game. Feel free to look it up but I think it was on twitter. If someone else posted about it and I missed it sorry.

Merry Christmas everyone and Happy Holidays.

Welcome to the board, Naulter8. In my opinion, you've shown the right type of attitude. I hope you will continue to spend your time here philosophizing on trivial subjects, and offering up inconsequential opinions for our general amusement, because you're doing a great job so far!

I'm kind of in charge here, and I can tell that you'll fit right in. To state my position exactly, I am sort of like the Federal Oversight Commission for this message board. I'm just one rung above SDS, who is exactly below me on the pecking order. To explain the situation, if anyone has a problem with another poster, they bring it to a moderator; if anyone has a problem with a moderator, they bring it to State; if anyone has a problem with State, they bring it to Federal, and it's my job to oversee Federal. I answer only to GoDD, but I tease him sometimes, so we're cool.

To tell you the truth, most of my time is spent filling out the behind the scenes paperwork that keeps this place running. SDS, for the mostpart handles the nitty gritty. PA is like the frontman of our little operation. Stay out of the way of "Ted Black," and you should be alright. Merry Christmas! Gesundheit!

Welcome to the board, Naulter8. In my opinion, you've shown the right type of attitude. I hope you will continue to spend your time here philosophizing on trivial subjects, and offering up inconsequential opinions for our general amusement, because you're doing a great job so far!

I'm kind of in charge here, and I can tell that you'll fit right in. To state my position exactly, I am sort of like the Federal Oversight Commission for this message board. I'm just one rung above SDS, who is exactly below me on the pecking order. To explain the situation, if anyone has a problem with another poster, they bring it to a moderator; if anyone has a problem with a moderator, they bring it to State; if anyone has a problem with State, they bring it to Federal, and it's my job to oversee Federal. I answer only to GoDD, but I tease him sometimes, so we're cool.

To tell you the truth, most of my time is spent filling out the behind the scenes paperwork that keeps this place running. SDS, for the mostpart handles the nitty gritty. PA is like the frontman of our little operation. Stay out of the way of "Ted Black," and you should be alright. Merry Christmas! Gesundheit!

let me start off saying its a pleasure to be here! Where I come from avid sabres fans are few and far in between. I truly enjoy the website entirely. Now, pardon my ignorance but I'm not sure what the SDS, or the PA is. To tell you the truth I'm not even sure if your serious:s

Regardless thanks for going out of your way to make me feel welcome, and to you and any other who may be reading, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

U.S. seeks repeat, Canada eyes redemption in Group A

he United States will look to become the first country in five years to win back-to-back gold medals when the 2014 IIHF World Junior Championship takes center stage starting Dec. 26 in Malmo, Sweden.

Canada, the previous country to win consecutive gold medals (2005-09) will be one of nine other teams looking to squash the American dream of a repeat at the 11-day event, which concludes Jan. 5, 2014.

The Group A field, which consists of the United States, Canada, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Germany, will play preliminary-round games at 5,800-seat Malmo Isstadion.

"Playing on an Olympic rink is important for our guys," U.S. coach Don Lucia said. "It's not necessarily the same game on the big sheet versus the smaller sheet. Skating is going to be important, compete level is going to be extremely important. In that short tournament we have to get along and all fight for one thing, and that's USA Hockey."

Canada coach Brent Sutter returns after leading the country to undefeated gold medal-winning efforts in 2005 and 2006. He knows nothing will come easy for any of the 10 participating teams.

"There's so much parity with the junior hockey countries now," he said. "They've modeled themselves after the Canadians and they've caught up. Hockey fans in Canada don't give the other countries nearly enough credit. There's this perception that we're the only country that's great."

Canada hasn't won a gold medal at the WJC since 2009. At the 2013 WJC Canada finished fourth after a 6-5 overtime loss to Russia in the bronze-medal game. It marked the first time since 1998 that Canada failed to come home with a medal.

Here's a look at the teams in Group A (listed in order of 2013 WJC ranking):

Sweden, Russia, Finland lead talented Group B

With the defending silver- and bronze-medalists, along with a dark-horse medal favorite, Group B of the 2014 IIHF World Junior Championship is a difficult one to handicap.

Sweden, Russia and Finland all bring loads of talent, including a number of players with NHL experience.

Sweden already boasted a talented group of forwards that will be bolstered by the arrivals of Elias Lindholm from the Carolina Hurricanes and Filip Forsberg from the Nashville Predators.

The Buffalo Sabres are allowing center Mikhail Grigorenko to play for Russia, and the lanky, talented forward likely will center the top line.

Finland won't have center Aleksander Barkov (Florida Panthers) or defenseman Olli Maatta (Pittsburgh Penguins) due to their NHL obligations, but defenseman Rasmus Ristolainen, who had a solid start to the season with the Sabres before being sent to the American Hockey League for further development, should be an anchor on the Finland blue line.

One of those three will be on top of the Group when preliminary-round play ends; which one, however, is impossible to predict.

Here's a breakdown of the five teams competing in Group B (listed in order of 2013 WJC ranking), which will play its games at Malmo Arena. A change in playoff format this year will see the top four teams from each group advance to the quarterfinals, which will be crossover matchups with Group A. The fifth-place teams from each group will play a best-of-three series with the winner remaining in the 2015 WJC, while the loser is relegated to the Division I level.

let me start off saying its a pleasure to be here! Where I come from avid sabres fans are few and far in between. I truly enjoy the website entirely. Now, pardon my ignorance but I'm not sure what the SDS, or the PA is. To tell you the truth I'm not even sure if your serious:s

Regardless thanks for going out of your way to make me feel welcome, and to you and any other who may be reading, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Though Marcellus appears to be doing some PA-like good natured chop busting, SDS is a good man to know. Some here refer to him as Fearless Leader and others simply as Scott. He's the good gentleman that owns and runs this site and also the bigger website devoted to the Bills -Two Bills Drive.

PA is a long time poster and 1st time skater. He's NOT the author of It's a Wonderful Life starring Lindy Ruff as George Bailey.

You didn't ask about GoDD, he's the resident seeker of the alternative explanation. Has some very interesting takes on things. A lot of the theories are bunk, a few may be on the mark, but regardless, they are entertaining and spark good discussions.

Welcome.

EDIT: Sorry for the misattribution Robvious.

Though Marcellus appears to be doing some PA-like good natured chop busting, SDS is a good man to know. Some here refer to him as Fearless Leader and others simply as Scott. He's the good gentleman that owns and runs this site and also the bigger website devoted to the Bills -Two Bills Drive.

PA is a long time poster and 1st time skater. He's the author of It's a Wonderful Life starring Lindy Ruff as George Bailey.

You didn't ask about GoDD, he's the resident seeker of the alternative explanation. Has some very interesting takes on things. A lot of the theories are bunk, a few may be on the mark, but regardless, they are entertaining and spark good discussions.

Welcome.

Thanks for the clarification! Where I come from, good jokes are ALOT less complicated haha

PA is a long time poster and 1st time skater. He's the author of It's a Wonderful Life starring Lindy Ruff as George Bailey.

Welcome.

PA didn't write the It's A Wonderful Life story, but he's good friends with the guy who did. :)

The Pipeline Show WJC Team Previews:

Archived