2013 / 2014 World Junior Championship

Derrico

I wonder what happened. All i saw was the fight, not what caused it.

Sweden won and lost in the same last few seconds.

grigs wih hardware

After watching Grigorenko in this series, it's clear that he has the one thing you can't teach, which is hands. Dude is great with a puck. But his play off the puck is going to need a lot of work.

In the third they were playing his line every second shift.

Yeah, I only watched the third and thought he looked decent - made some plays, looked dangerous at times.

But he style is such that he always going to leave people wanting more - he's not quick, or hard on the puck.

Regardless of what he does in the NHL, I think he will always carry that Yashin reputation.

Just hope we're lucky enough that he can produce some Yashin stats to go with it.

CBJ owns Dansk

The Russian goalie was TB's 12th overall 2 years ago.

Grigs has great skill but his drive seems to be lacking at times along with his will to work in the corners.

Big Z looks like a future great defenseman.

Just think, in 2 years if Myer keeps trending upwards along with our other young D-men we'd have

Myers-Zadorov

Risto-Pysyk

for a top 4 D.

Z needs a bit of work on his own zone awareness but he loves to be in the action. A little skating work and strength training, and he is going to be a cornerstone for years. I am happy with both he and Risto, along with the progression of Pysyk. We are looking solid on the blue line for awhile. If Myers continues his revival and the Hoff stays the Hoff we should be ok.

Canada is in trouble. They did not give up the first goal in the first period. :P They broke the pattern.

Does Finland's play remind anyone of NJ?

Edit: My bad. Canada scored first against the Swiss.

Archived