Grigo a no-go for Roch - Adam & McNabb called up

SarasotaSabre

sorry to all if I broke the sacred rules of the Board.... :flirt:

seriously, I know everyone's time if valuable & I don't want to waste it; I looked at the existing threads before my OP, and I did not see an exact match

Anyways, it will be very interesting to see what the Sabres do with Grigo - I agree with the change of direction Patty is charting

Well it's being talked about in three threads already why not another one? Not being sarcastic. This title actually makes sense.

Yeah, it's kind of scattered everywhere.

Glad this isn't TwoBillsDrive as one of the moderators would have closed this thread down because this topic was being talked about in another thread. Thank you Sabrespace mods!

And then, they don't direct the reader to the thread where it's being discussed, which is really annoying.

And then, they don't direct the reader to the thread where it's being discussed, which is really annoying.

It could be worse, they could change the title of the thread to something like, "You won't believe the latest two players to be sent down to Rcohester!" or "This injury to a Sabres player will make you tear-up".

Well read he can't get back to the Q untill they sort out their "imports". So he is stuck here with us im afraid.

Should send Grigorenko to europe, he'll learn more there. Or you just put him on 2nd line duty for atleast a month and hope he gets better at it, wich i think he will.

Not surprised. IMO, the Sabres tried to pull a fast one, while no one was looking.

A blessing in disguise I think. Now, if we can only get Nolan to play him in a good situation (not on the 4th line with Scott and Cody M.)

You're just happy he can't terrorize Halifax. :)

It could be worse, they could change the title of the thread to something like, "You won't believe the latest two players to be sent down to Rcohester!" or "This injury to a Sabres player will make you tear-up".

The mods at TBD have a tendency to either change the title of your thread or request that you change it.

The interesting this about this I think is will we see Adam and McNabb sooner or later? Adam is a LW and we have a plethora of them right now. With Grigorenko back that adds another lw who I suppose can be a center. Just not sure who sits or flips to the right side or what goes on, it is a tough spot to be in.

McNabb I am very interested to see. I think DR shorted him when he kept adding random vet defenders that sucked to the lineup. That being said McNabb has something to prove. Until he shows that he has learned and can play at the NHL level I am highly skeptical of him.

I really want McNabb to succeed because he has shown some potential but I just can't get behind him or Adam and hope for Potential to pay off.

The mods at TBD have a tendency to either change the title of your thread or request that you change it.

I think MattPie is right:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/163820-has-anyone-taken-notice-that/

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/163773-couple-great-quotes-in-daily-news-article/

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/163738-with-all-the-talk-of-trades/

There's at least one on every page.

putting aside all the discussion of where Grigorenko should play, how embarrassing is this from an organizational standpoint? the fact that Grigorenko won't play in the AHL isn't a big deal to me, but wow, the Sabres don't even know/understand the rules about this kind of thing? Fantastic.

I laughed when someone linked to this post in another thread on the topic -- perhaps Darcy Kevin & Pat should take a look.

putting aside all the discussion of where Grigorenko should play, how embarrassing is this from an organizational standpoint? the fact that Grigorenko won't play in the AHL isn't a big deal to me, but wow, the Sabres don't even know/understand the rules about this kind of thing? Fantastic.

I laughed when someone linked to this post in another thread on the topic -- perhaps Darcy Kevin & Pat should take a look.

They know and understand the rules. They got caught trying to circumvent and they are pleading ignorance.

They know and understand the rules. They got caught trying to circumvent and they are pleading ignorance.

If they tried to use a loophole and it didn't work, that shows a lack of understanding in the rules. Unless the NHL was sleeping, it doesn't seem like there's any way this would have been approved. In any event the whole situation is embarrassing and this adds to it, regardless of whether they thought they were pulling a fast one or just didn't understand the rule.

If they tried to use a loophole and it didn't work, that shows a lack of understanding in the rules. Unless the NHL was sleeping, it doesn't seem like there's any way this would have been approved. In any event the whole situation is embarrassing and this adds to it, regardless of whether they thought they were pulling a fast one or just didn't understand the rule.

Disagree. They took a shot and missed. That's all.

And it was worth taking the shot, IMO. Clearly, Grigo is too talented for the Q and it would have been nice to see a glimpse of what he can do at the AHL level. It may have served to inform them and other teams further on where he is in his development.

GO SABRES!!!

They didn't try to use a loophole. They just tried to liberally apply the rule in an unsubtle manner. It isn't really embarrassing to the organisation imo as they weren't caught breaking any rules. I'm not shocked it was rejected and i doubt they are, but it was worth ago - had it worked we would probably be praising Pat for taking the initiative to get Grigo into the A.

It isn't particularly clever or subtle, i'm sure DR knew it was an option but thought it wasn't worth the 'risk'

And it was worth taking the shot, IMO. Clearly, Grigo is too talented for the Q and it would have been nice to see a glimpse of what he can do at the AHL level. It may have served to inform them and other teams further on where he is in his development.

GO SABRES!!!

I'm w/ you. It was an aggressive and creative attempt to solve a problem. We'd applaud it in any other organization.

GO SABRES!!!

I would have wanted to watch him play in the AHL too, but saying "they took a shot and missed" doesn't really describe the situation. Maybe we should take a shot and try to put Leino on IR without injury to save cap space. Or take a shot and just carry a 25 man roster for the rest of the season. Hell, let's throw Miller and Enroth in the net at the same time from now on. Maybe the NHL won't notice.

I'm not trying to make this a bigger deal than it is, so I'll stop posting about it now. But the argument that they expected it would be denied but hoped the NHL would let it slide seems absurd.

No it doesn't, it just means they gave it a shot and it didn't work. They were trying to say that he had the flu and thats why they wanted to send him for conditioning, the NHL saw through this and said nope. No harm no foul, they gave it a shot. Nothing about not understanding the rules, they know the rules

Archived