Drew Stafford: Find the one team he would actually be good on.

darksabre

Colorado: They have the Center and LW depth for Drew to fit in on their 2/3 rw line.

Pittsburgh: They have the Center talent and LW talent to fit Drew in on their 2/3 line

Boston: They have the Center talent and LW grit to fit Drew in on their 2/3 line

I see Drew differently.

He's overpaid. Fine. I'll stat that and get it out of the way. He's not the 30-goal scorer we paid for.

Here's what he is: He is a decent, even dependable, two-way forward. Put him on a line with a couple of youngins and let him be the high forward that is defensively responsible. I know, I know, he's not perfect; he gets beat coming out of the corner sometimes, but he's as good along the boards as any other forward on the team. I think we should just resign ourselves to the fact that he's not going anywhere and get the use out of him that we can. Let him be a veteran roll player to provide some stability to the kids while they develop and eventually crowd him out of a job.

I see Drew differently.

He's overpaid. Fine. I'll stat that and get it out of the way. He's not the 30-goal scorer we paid for.

Here's what he is: He is a decent, even dependable, two-way forward. Put him on a line with a couple of youngins and let him be the high forward that is defensively responsible. I know, I know, he's not perfect; he gets beat coming out of the corner sometimes, but he's as good along the boards as any other forward on the team. I think we should just resign ourselves to the fact that he's not going anywhere and get the use out of him that we can. Let him be a veteran roll player to provide some stability to the kids while they develop and eventually crowd him out of a job.

Dependable implies a certain consistency, which is impossible when he only plays when he feels like it. Heartless is the very definition of UN-dependable. And it is THIS single trait of his which makes me wish he were a million miles away from impressionable rookie teenagers who may be inclined to think you can coast whenever you don't feel like going all out. I'm all for veteran role players, but they have to be veteran role players that give a schit.

EVERY shift.

GO SABRES!!!

After running those stats on Moulson's shot percentage I decided to to something similar for Stafford.

His career average is .111, His highest since becoming a regular is .173, In an average 82game season drew has 196.11 shots.

If we average his average sh% by his highest since becoming a regular player we get 0.142 which is probably the actual middle of the road for Drew when he isn't either playing lights out or sucking so much we want to trade him for a french fry that Garth Snow found on the ground outside Nassau Coliseum.

So if we run the numbers Drew Stafford at his current pace he will have 193.29 shots on goal. So if we use that number he should have 27.45goals this season at his adjusted average of .142, but again I said current pace.

- At his current pace of shots and shot percentage drew should actually have 5.80 goals this season.

- His career average with both shots and sh% would equal 21.77goals this season.

That might finally be the wakeup call the Staff infection needs. It's really FN frustrating seeing him play with intensity every once in awhile only to disappear back into his shell to come back out when he's good and damn ready.

I don't think he'll ever wake up. Had his career year in his contract year and is not set for life. One thing I agreed with Golisano was when he said he wished all players were on 1 year contracts. He was on to something.

Archived