Official 2014 NHL Draft thread

North Buffalo

That interview makes me want Michael Dal Colle, who according to them is actually a natural center.

He's got a winger's body and that's where he'll stay.

Almost every great forward played center at some point in their career. If you're the best player or one of the best on your team at the midget level then you'll play center. It gets you the puck the most. Once the talent level evens out more some guys have to go to a wing where they fit more.

Edited by Tankalicious

He's got a winger's body and that's where he'll stay.

Almost every great forward played center at some point in their career. If you're the best player or one of the best on your team at the midget level then you'll play center. It gets you the puck the most. Once the talent level evens out more some guys have to go to a wing where they fit more.

I am not sure what you mean by this.

THE FAB FIVE

By Kris Baker - SabresProspects.com

Now that the Sabres know they’ll be picking second in this June’s Entry Draft, it’s time to start focusing on the players they could be looking at. Today, Kris Baker from SabresProspects.com gives his thoughts on the five players that NHL Central Scouting has tabbed as this year’s top prospects.

April 17th Recap late 1st / Early 2nd Round Prospects

2014 IIHF U18 World Championship-

Adrian Kempe FW Sweden 0G 0A -1+/- (12 penalty minutes)

Anton Karlsson FW Sweden 0G 0A -1+/-

Marcus Pettersson D Sweden 0G 0A -1+/-

Oskar Lindblom FW Sweden 0G 0A -1+/-

Connor Bleackley FW Canada 0G 0A +1+/-

John Quenneville FW Canada 0G 0A +1+/-

Travis Sanheim D Canada 0G 0A

Canada defeats Sweden 3-1 in Group A, Game 4

I kind of want Ehlers now because of the flamboyant way he celebrates.

I read this before I watched the video and was concerned that he was the type to bypass celebrating teammates to get in his "special" celebration. I really hate that (yes, even when Kaleta or any other Sabres player does it.) Fortunately, the last one showed me that he is not that type.

Edited by carpandean

I read this before I watched the video and was concerned that he was the type to bypass celebrating teammates to get in his "special" celebration. I really hate that (yes, even when Kaleta or any other Sabres player does it.) Fortunately, the last one showed me that he is not that type.

There's no bypassing teammates if you're on Marcus Foligno's line.

I hope we pick Draisaitl at 2 and Ehlers at 5.

I would be beyond disappointed if our two top five picks ended up being this. Draisaitl is a mid-teens pick in most drafts. The type of guy who has outstanding potential, but endless question marks. Not somebody you take two overall. I'd be fine with him at five in this draft, but not at two. Ehlers is similar. Produces at a high rate, but it's highly questionable if he'll be able to do some of the things he does at the NHL level.

Really hoping that Snow is being honest about them keeping their pick this year.

I would be beyond disappointed if our two top five picks ended up being this. Draisaitl is a mid-teens pick in most drafts. The type of guy who has outstanding potential, but endless question marks. Not somebody you take two overall. I'd be fine with him at five in this draft, but not at two. Ehlers is similar. Produces at a high rate, but it's highly questionable if he'll be able to do some of the things he does at the NHL level.

Really hoping that Snow is being honest about them keeping their pick this year.

Not true at all. Draisaitl is among the consensus top five available prospects in the 2014 draft.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.