Official 2014 NHL Draft thread

North Buffalo

If someone brings the food to your table for you, it's not fast food. I think that's a simple enough rule to live by. Yeah, there's that crazy situation where Burger King is backed up and someone brings your sandwich out when it is ready, but that's different.

ever been to whataburger? Fast food that brings it to you.

Quote of the day from the guy with the fifth-worst +/- in the NHL...

@BuffNewsVogl: Sabres' Mike Weber: "There has to be a new standard here ... Enough’s enough. Joke’s over. We’re not in this game to get high draft picks."

This year wasn't a completely voluntary tank. Nor will next year's. You're not helping anything, Mike.

Quote of the day from the guy with the fifth-worst +/- in the NHL...

@BuffNewsVogl: Sabres' Mike Weber: "There has to be a new standard here ... Enough’s enough. Joke’s over. We’re not in this game to get high draft picks."

This year wasn't a completely voluntary tank. Nor will next year's. You're not helping anything, Mike.

I think it was well known that a few players didn't want to voluntarily tank, but at the same time a lot of them phoned it in without a fight too.

I think it was well known that a few players didn't want to voluntarily tank, but at the same time a lot of them phoned it in without a fight too.

That's the thing with Weber. He tried as hard as he could and was still one of the worst players in the NHL. I don't agree at all with those who think he's any good. Rotational dman at best.

No tank will every be completely voluntary. The players are simply more vested in their own careers than the team's long-term future. Most players change teams these days, so tanking to help the one that they are on now is more likely to hurt their future contracts than it is to help their future team.

That's the thing with Weber. He tried as hard as he could and was still one of the worst players in the NHL. I don't agree at all with those who think he's any good. Rotational dman at best.

he looked as if he was turning a corner prior to this year...but then he flipped a 180 and went back down. I had high hopes for him before, but after this year's showing, I don't know what to think. Finding positives in a lot of players is hard after this season because of how bad the team was in general.

I did it 5 times... all 5 winners were Canadian teams and the Leafs were 1.

Foreshadowing

The New Jersey Devils have won the NHL Draft Lottery

and due to having to draft 30th, Buffalo will draft first overall.

Wait a sec, we have a greater than 25% chance then.

Now I have run it 20 times. The Oilers have won it 7 times, Calgary 4, and the Sabres 0

There is roughly a 0.3% chance of running it 20 times and not getting Buffalo once. I'm going to go ahead and say you're just messing with people and making this up. It's the only option that makes any sense.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.