Official 2014 NHL Draft thread

North Buffalo

The blues first is a pipe dream. I think they get bounced in round one. Jmho.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there conditions on acquiring the Blues 1st rounder this year? I thought that if the Blues give their 1st to the Sabres (conditions are met) this year then the Sabres have to give the Blues their own 2nd and 3rd this year. In essence the Sabres might get the 26th pick but have to relinquish the 31st and 61st. So the Sabres would move up only 5 slots and still have to give up their 3rd (61st).

If this is correct, it sounds like a good deal for the Blues.

There is roughly a 0.3% chance of running it 20 times and not getting Buffalo once. I'm going to go ahead and say you're just messing with people and making this up. It's the only option that makes any sense.

\

I swear I just did it. I got Buffalo on the 23rd try. I got Edmonton and Calgary a ton.

First and second, if the Islanders win the lottery and give us the pick.

hehehe.

Here are my thoughts on the Islanders decision. The Islanders will almost certainly retain their 1st round pick in the 2014 draft. It is the logical choice. It would be insane IMO to give up a top 5 pick. Politically, it is almost mandatory that Garth Snow produce something of value this year. He may not be around too long if he doesn't have something to show this offseason. The Islanders are not terrible and they have a good chance of bouncing back next year. They have very good prospects in their system. Hockeysfuture has them ranked as the 5th best for future prospects. I would expect them to improve next year and they might not even get a top 10 pick in 2015. It is the smart choice to take a top 5 pick.

I think there is a 95% chance they keep their pick this year.

Some reason for hope if we lose the lottery

They’ll probably lose the draft lottery. Previous losers have really taken their lumps over the years. Consider the fates of these teams that were stuck with these awful players.

2011 - Gabriel Landeskog

2010 - Tyler Seguin

2009 - Victor Hedman

2008 - Drew Doughty

2007 - James Van Riemsdyk

2006 - Jordan Staal

2005 - Bobby Ryan

2004 - Evgeni Malkin

2003 - Eric Staal

2002 - Kari Lehtonen

2001 - Jason Spezza

2000 - Dany Heatley

1999 - Daniel Sedin

Oh yeah, and these guys too:

Patrick Marleau (1997 – San Jose)

Chris Pronger (1993 – Hartford)

Trevor Linden (1988 – Vancouver)

Brendan Shanahan (1987 – New Jersey)

http://www.wgr550.com/JW---What-s-one-more-loss-/18804277

Edited by WildCard

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there conditions on acquiring the Blues 1st rounder this year? I thought that if the Blues give their 1st to the Sabres (conditions are met) this year then the Sabres have to give the Blues their own 2nd and 3rd this year. In essence the Sabres might get the 26th pick but have to relinquish the 31st and 61st. So the Sabres would move up only 5 slots and still have to give up their 3rd (61st).

If this is correct, it sounds like a good deal for the Blues.

No, that's what I thought at first too. I believe it's the Wild's second round pick.

I got Buffalo 4 straight times to start the simulator. Got Florida on my 5th try.

Edited by Derrico

I'd call some Grassy Knoll ###### on the league if Edmonton won it again

14.2%, about 1 in 7, isn't great, but it is possible. Edmonton could win again and I'd think they'd be very lucky, but not Book Suppository material.

If the Leafs won at 3.6%, about 1 in 28, I'd be pretty ###### pissed. Even the Canucks at 6.2%, about 1 in 16, would irritate the ###### out of me. Really, any team I hate or any team that didn't finish bottom-five.

I don't think the NHL draft lottery is rigged, at all.

I do think there's more evidence that the NBA has rigged it, though. Or used to. It was pretty clearly rigged when the Knicks got Ewing. The

is too compelling.

Then there's...

Cleveland got it the year after LeBron left with a pick that was slotted 8th in the lottery.

Chicago, starving for basketball success that they hadn't had since MJ retired, got Chicago product Derrick Rose with the pick that was slotted 9th.

Tough to say that Cleveland getting Akron product LeBron was rigged since Cleveland was slotted 1st anyways, but convenient considering the team slotted 1st hadn't won it in eight years.

Edited by Tankalicious

We should do a special GDT for the draft lottery. Some place to go batshit insane when the profitable Leafs win it.

That will happen next year when they end up with Connor McDavid.

I mean, really...could you imagine Toronto ending up with Connor McDavid...AND...the Buffalo Bills? #WorstNightmareEver

I do think there's more evidence that the NBA has rigged it, though. Or used to. It was pretty clearly rigged when the Knicks got Ewing. The

is too compelling.

Then there's...

Cleveland got it the year after LeBron left with a pick that was slotted 8th in the lottery.

Chicago, starving for basketball success that they hadn't had since MJ retired, got Chicago product Derrick Rose with the pick that was slotted 9th.

Tough to say that Cleveland getting Akron product LeBron was rigged since Cleveland was slotted 1st anyways, but convenient considering the team slotted 1st hadn't won it in eight years.

The truth here though is that Stern didn't screw the Pacers, they screwed themselves by not taking Karl Malone.

Patrick Ewing did not accomplish anything more than Karl Malone did, in their NBA careers.

(BUT...that is when basketball was AWESOME and actually fun to watch. Something I cannot stand anymore.)

Edited by Bob Malooga

is too compelling.

Never forget Gary Bettman worked for the NBA from 1981-1993, during the draft fixing, and would rise to third in command there.

Never forget Gary Bettman worked for the NBA from 1981-1993, during the draft fixing, and would rise to third in command there.

I always thought the Crosby draft was rigged. The two stories that day were who would get Crosby and what were the Penguins going to do about funding for their new arena.

Super Mario was about to retire and the future of the Pittsburgh franchise was in question. Surprise Penguins get Crosby.

I always thought the Crosby draft was rigged. The two stories that day were who would get Crosby and what were the Penguins going to do about funding for their new arena.

Super Mario was about to retire and the future of the Pittsburgh franchise was in question. Surprise Penguins get Crosby.

I do agree with this one.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.