GDT: Colorado at Buffalo 10-19-13 at 7:00 PM

26CornerBlitz

BTW, your yeoman's work in posting these links has been a bright spot in an already-terrible season. Thanks.

Patrick Roy surprised Sabres prospect Mikhail Grigorenko struggling at NHL level: http://www.buffaloho...g-at-nhl-level/

Roy said Grigorenko, the 12th overall pick in 2012, was “good” mentally when the Sabres returned him to the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League in March.

Then Roy mentioned Grigorenko’s compete level, almost sounding like Sabres coach Ron Rolston.

“The area we were trying to work hard with Grigo was the compete level,” Roy said. “In my opinion, he was losing too many battles. At times, Grigo thought he was working hard. But when you’re watching the clips he was not. Obviously, we were trying to break that down. But that’s all I can say.”

Roy effusive with praise of his team, guarded with talk of Grigorenko

Sure, now he tells us.

Yeah, like seeing the girl of your dreams with some other guy.

It's more like Neo losing out on Trinity to Mouse. The Sabres were the "one" last year. It wasn't close. They were terrible. Instead of accepting their fate and embracing their role as the one they took the blue pill and stayed in the matrix until this season.

It's more like Neo losing out on Trinity to Mouse. The Sabres were the "one" last year. It wasn't close. They were terrible. Instead of accepting their fate and embracing their role as the one they took the blue pill and stayed in the matrix until this season.

And Mouse didn't even need a girlfriend. He created that "woman in red" program that everyone liked. :(

Also, if the Sabres are Neo, I think Darcy is The Architect.

photo-rel_na.jpg

Ergo. Vis-a-vis. Concordantly.

Really? That's odd, he seemed like he was playing really well

I thought the Vancouver game was probably his best so far.

Still, if they're going to give Zadorov a few games before sending him to the OHL, they might as well put Risto in the AHL for those games to log a lot more minutes.

I wonder if they've already made up their minds whether or not to keep him after 10 games.

I think this is the Sabres saying "okay, go outplay one of these guys and you get their spot."

Grigorenko still with Scott.

Sabres benching Risto and still dressing 7 d-men.

WTF are these guys doing?

Experimenting. It's what you do when you don't know what to do with what you have.

Grigorenko still with Scott.

Sabres benching Risto and still dressing 7 d-men.

WTF are these guys doing?

Rebuilding..........................................................................................., without a blueprint.

Archived