Bill Mikkelson -82 ...Does Tyler Myers have a shot?

Ghost of Dwight Drane

So Myers is -4 in 3 games. Rolston has been hesitant to use him on penalty kill but plays him on the power play. There is nobody but Ehrhoff who would probably eat minutes over and above.

This is truly an amazing record, and I'm pretty sure there is no way Myers can break it.....but given the first 3 games....I was inspired to look. That should tell you something.

So Myers is -4 in 3 games. Rolston has been hesitant to use him on penalty kill but plays him on the power play. There is nobody but Ehrhoff who would probably eat minutes over and above.

This is truly an amazing record, and I'm pretty sure there is no way Myers can break it.....but given the first 3 games....I was inspired to look. That should tell you something.

You think at about -52 they would cut back his minutes. :rolleyes:

Absolutely.

If he maintains his current pace he will smash that record easily. He'd tie the record at about mid-January and pass it a few days later.

Oh the humanity ... this is going to be a long season.

On top of that the Mooseheads are suffering from a Memorial Cup Mount Rushmore of hangovers, so far.

#preparetosuffer

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

That just might be the definition of faith.

I'll bet my life savings Myers doesn't even come within 20.

I'm sure he won't as well.....but it is sad I actually was inspired to look up the record because of him.

If we get to game #20 and he is around a -20, there will be an "injury", or they may just send him to the funny farm for some inpatient "skills coaching".

Maybe we can still get Getzlaf for him?..........errrrrrrrr........

I'm sure he won't as well.....but it is sad I actually was inspired to look up the record because of him.

If we get to game #20 and he is around a -20, there will be an "injury", or they may just send him to the funny farm for some inpatient "skills coaching".

Maybe we can still get Getzlaf for him?..........errrrrrrrr........

For what it's worth, I still don't think that was a real thing. I think it was Hamilton bloviating about what he thought the stating point would be.

For what it's worth, I still don't think that was a real thing. I think it was Hamilton bloviating about what he thought the stating point would be.

Who bloviates? Who does that? University professors, maybe.. :flirt: :P :angel:

Edited by wjag

What I find most distressing about Myers is the fact that many local hcokey writters were saying that Myers had a great preseason and looked to have re-gained his rookie form. I saw none of those preseason games, but I have watched all 4 reg season games and I see the same Myers as last year.

How could his game have fallen apart so quickly?

What I find most distressing about Myers is the fact that many local hcokey writters were saying that Myers had a great preseason and looked to have re-gained his rookie form. I saw none of those preseason games, but I have watched all 4 reg season games and I see the same Myers as last year.

Did the Sports Psych leave the organization or does Myers just stink?

It could be as simple the level of competition he played against. You see more kids than vets in the preseason. Now it's more vets than kids.

Big Tyler has no points and is a -4 through 4 games, while averaging almost 22 minutes of ice time per game. I'm tired of making excuses for the guy. He is starting his 5th year with the team and sports is a performance business... get it done or get someone in there who can do the job.

As far as I'm concerned, trade him now (if a taker can be found and he will waive his no movement clause) and give his ice time to Zadorov when he comes back from injury.

Five years. Wow. I had to do a double take when I heard that on the radio. Honestly, fans, where did we all project Myers to be by now? Surely in the Norris conversation.

yup and that should concern us and management. He has stagnated at 5th defenseman on a cruddy team, that is no bueno

If this thread was started everytime that a player was a -4 over the course of a few games, we'd need to start a subforum dedicated to it... Nothing to see here.

I'm sure (i hope) this thread was made as a joke, but the general idea is spot on. Tyler Myers is terrible. He's actually at a point where whenever he's on the ice, i just hope the shift doesn't end in a disaster.

He spend most of the summer in Buffalo doing work and is supposed in his best shape of his life. And he's still brutal.

Five years. Wow. I had to do a double take when I heard that on the radio. Honestly, fans, where did we all project Myers to be by now? Surely in the Norris conversation.

Yes.

I'm sure (i hope) this thread was made as a joke, but the general idea is spot on. Tyler Myers is terrible. He's actually at a point where whenever he's on the ice, i just hope the shift doesn't end in a disaster.

He spend most of the summer in Buffalo doing work and is supposed in his best shape of his life. And he's still brutal.

You are far from the only one here describing him this way, and certainly it was accurate for parts of last year, but I think it's a substantial exaggeration at this point. (Although I could see that undeniable brain lock non-play he made on the TB OT winner sending him into a major funk.)

However, I also kinda think the Sabres drafting Risto and Nikita in the first round this year might mean that they aren't too confident anymore in Myers becoming a good #1 defenseman.

You are far from the only one here describing him this way, and certainly it was accurate for parts of last year, but I think it's a substantial exaggeration at this point. (Although I could see that undeniable brain lock non-play he made on the TB OT winner sending him into a major funk.)

However, I also kinda think the Sabres drafting Risto and Nikita in the first round this year might mean that they aren't too confident anymore in Myers becoming a good #1 defenseman.

Good point. I think so as well.

Personally, I judge all players on value, i.e. how much do they produce relative to their pay. When people were hammering guys like Hecht and Sulzer on this board, I never joined in. Those guys are/were at the bottom of the pay scale and aren't/weren't paid to be stars. Tyler IS paid to be a star on this team. His cap hit puts him third behind Vanek and Miller. He is being paid to be a Norris-type guy and obviously isn't producing at that level...

...Of course, Tyler's contract is just another example of Darcy's complete failure as a GM.

Yes.

I don't. They drafted Risto because they targeted him early as being NHL ready and they needed another solid defender because the pipeline was questionable. They took Zadorov because he was available. They didn't think he would be but he was so they took him. I honestly don't feel they had some grand design for this draft. If they did have a grand design they would have traded up to Carolina taking Monahan or Lindholm and then drafted a defender at 16.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.