All About Sabres Marketing, Branding, Promotions, P.R.

That Aud Smell

i'll be there friday. what i've seen is very, very nice.

full marks to the sabres, and, as chz indicates, praise, honor, and glory to the woman who'd be my girlfriend if'n she weren't married ... and if'n she hadn't taken out restraining orders on me in 3 states ... and installed those damn motion sensors at their florida home.

i'll be there friday. what i've seen is very, very nice.

full marks to the sabres, and, as chz indicates, praise, honor, and glory to the woman who'd be my girlfriend if'n she weren't married ... and if'n she hadn't taken out restraining orders on me in 3 states ... and installed those damn motion sensors at their florida home.

Did you ever get those binoculars I sent you? They've got some crazy zoom.

• 3 weeks later...

Question for the season ticket holders....what types of freebies have the Sabres been giving out other than Sabresbucks?

I ask, because the Bills have been going all-out this year in giving stuff to season ticket holders. They did a similar BillsBucks at the start of the season at 2.5% of cost...at least my seats. They sent out a Tim Horton's gift card. They sent out a random prize generator where you could get anything from autographed photos to a game suite. They sent out clear NFL totes that were stadium approved. Now they just sent out a free Bills blanket. I've never seen anything like this...every 3-4 weeks a new little goodie. I'm not sure if it is to make up for the discounted prices on some single games they have been doing, the sewage flume, or just because. Either way it is a nice little gesture even though nothing blows you out of the water....just 5, $10-$20 goodies showing up every month.

Buy 10 Cody Hodgson beanie babies, get one free. What else do you want?

I don't want this to just sound pro-bills. The Bills were outright insulting a few years ago where the season ticket holder "gift" was a plastic coffee mug from Tim Horton's that cost 20x more to mail than to manufacture. Looks like they have learned.

• 2 months later...

I got an email from the Sabres inviting me to take a survey about the game day experience. I couldn't get past the first question.

What is your relationship with the Buffalo Sabres? (Check all that apply)

Season Ticket Holder

Mini-Pack Holder

Blue and Gold Club Member

Individual Ticket Buyer

Family Pack Ticket Buyer

Sabres Insider

Facebook Fan

Twitter Follower

This isn't a question about what my relationship is with the Sabres. It should read, "Please tell us how you give us your money."

The rest of the survey followed along those lines. How long before the game do your arrive, what do you do when you get in the arena and so on. Shades of Ghost's theory about tightened security.

More than anything, certainly more than the team sucking inperpetuity, this idea of what I am to my sports team is what will force me out. The kids will not relate to this, but there was a time when going to a hockey game didn't involve taking out a second mortgage or submitting yourself to a constant bombardment of advertising messages and reaches into your pocket, right down to the 50/50, a smart read on this market.

I guess the curtain has been pulled back. We all know our place. I was hoping the multibillionaire who didn't care about money might see this, might be able to change the atmosphere in the building, but it's been a long time since Terry was one of us.

Long-time fan

Edited by PASabreFan

I got an email from the Sabres inviting me to take a survey about the game day experience. I couldn't get past the first question.

What is your relationship with the Buffalo Sabres? (Check all that apply)

Season Ticket Holder

Mini-Pack Holder

Blue and Gold Club Member

Individual Ticket Buyer

Family Pack Ticket Buyer

Sabres Insider

Facebook Fan

Twitter Follower

Battered spouse

Why didn't you just check the last one on that list?

• 3 weeks later...

@JLPegula

Sabres fans what kind of things would you like to see for a new loyalty program? #sabres

How about a free upgrade to the clubs for a game? At the very least club access or maybe pre-game dinner at the Harbor Club.

The Bills did just that as a carrot to get ST renewals. I have to say I really enjoyed watching the Miami game in my t-shirt while the unwashed masses froze their toques off.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• 8 months later...

The Ginger with the lean-in on the left. That could've/should've been me.

Bx1cee1IcAAdD2T.jpg

They look like they're in the Elmwood Village -- I'd guess Ashland or Norwood.

I wonder how they set this one up because I went to high school with the ginger and the guy next to him (same one in the first picture). I don't think I know anyone else in the picture though.

The Ginger with the lean-in on the left. That could've/should've been me.

Bx1cee1IcAAdD2T.jpg

They look like they're in the Elmwood Village -- I'd guess Ashland or Norwood.

Jesus H. Christ, you're not going over there, are you? Hoping there's still a scent in the air. (Hint: If there is, it's GMTM.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.