NHL 30 for 30 links

North Buffalo

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=90899&navid=nhl:topheads

Calgary today. Anaheim started it off yesterday. Calgary is more intriguing because of their barebones rebuilding effort. Gotta talk some hockey cause this offseason is killing especially since Stafford and Miller are still part of this team and still there is no Number 1 center in Buffalo.

I'm going to toss in this other item which is somewhat related since it is a team by team thing.

The Puck Daddy 2013 summer project, the National Hockey League of Nations.

Here is the Sabres link.

http://sports.yahoo....-171813047.html

I saw this earlier. It's a cool idea but way too easy. The only one that didn't come to mind immediately was Johansson.

I'm going to toss in this other item which is somewhat related since it is a team by team thing.

The Puck Daddy 2013 summer project, the National Hockey League of Nations.

Here is the Sabres link.

http://sports.yahoo....-171813047.html

"If it wasn't for the fact the team is a dumpster fire right now" ...that about sums up the Sabres.

However the article was interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

30 in 30: Sabres need Rolston to accelerate rebuild: http://www.nhl.com/i...vid=DL|NHL|home

"There are just to many questions and not enough talent on this roster right now" - In regards to us being a playoff team.

Honestly yes, that about sums up this season. Don't look for playoffs but look for individual growth. Starting slow this year and finishing strong is actually important. Foligno, Hodgson, Grigorenko's growth in particular should be watched closely. Add to that in Rochester Ristolainen, Grigensons, Larsson, Catenacci, etc... and this is the year of what do we have going forward not can we compete right now.

The projected roster they have on there is one of the more interesting ones I've seen.

Have not seen much call for putting Ennis with Vanek and Hodgson before, but they are definitely our three best offensive players.

Ott Larson Leino has potential to be a good third line.

And Kaleta Porter Flynn is a better fourth line than you see on most teams.

The second line, based on last year, would be an enormous steaming turd. (Stafford Grigorenko Foligno)

The projected roster they have on there is one of the more interesting ones I've seen.

Have not seen much call for putting Ennis with Vanek and Hodgson before, but they are definitely our three best offensive players.

Ott Larson Leino has potential to be a good third line.

And Kaleta Porter Flynn is a better fourth line than you see on most teams.

The second line, based on last year, would be an enormous steaming turd. (Stafford Grigorenko Foligno)

You forgot Grigo.

Okay I wasn't sure where to add this so hopefully someone notices it hear.

These 4 tweets I found more interesting then I normally find his stuff

SabresBuzz@SabresBuzz

Remember the wonky BUF blue line after the lockout? No chance of that happening this season.Myers,Weber,Pysyk, McNabb power skating in BUF

SabresBuzz@SabresBuzz

I can tell you from a first hand that the Sabres' conditioning level this season is night and day over 2013. The guys are in shape

SabresBuzz@SabresBuzz

Lets not forget that Sabres forwards will be playing a more attack-oreinted style. Their size, speed, and skill will cause problems

SabresBuzz@SabresBuzz

I spoke with Marcus Foligno last week. He's going to play at 227 lbs. His strength, power gains were in his legs-core.Best shape of his life

Anyone have any thoughts on these 4 insights about 30 days before preseason?

Okay I wasn't sure where to add this so hopefully someone notices it hear.

These 4 tweets I found more interesting then I normally find his stuff

SabresBuzz@SabresBuzz

Remember the wonky BUF blue line after the lockout? No chance of that happening this season.Myers,Weber,Pysyk, McNabb power skating in BUF

SabresBuzz@SabresBuzz

I can tell you from a first hand that the Sabres' conditioning level this season is night and day over 2013. The guys are in shape

SabresBuzz@SabresBuzz

Lets not forget that Sabres forwards will be playing a more attack-oreinted style. Their size, speed, and skill will cause problems

SabresBuzz@SabresBuzz

I spoke with Marcus Foligno last week. He's going to play at 227 lbs. His strength, power gains were in his legs-core.Best shape of his life

Anyone have any thoughts on these 4 insights about 30 days before preseason?

Is that guy even credible?

Who is he that you believe so for this stuff? What are his sources?

O sorry, he is the blog guy for Hockeybuzz who covers the Sabres and I am fairly certain he does have press credentials and usually tweets accurate stuff about what is going on with players and such

I found it interesting that Myers in particular is "power skating" in Buffalo and also that he clearly indicates this teams conditioning is night and day above what it was. Conditioning is obviously only a part of it but good steps in the right direction... that and Foligno can plow over ppl with vengeance.

Also I should add this from a different source

Chris Nichols@Nichols_NHLPool

Cody Hodgson working w/ Gary Roberts on 'a lot more power', more explosive shot, playing harder in front of net. #Sabres Winnipeg Free Press

... really? What happened? (now we are completely off topic but w/e)

I have no clue. TBH I just noticed yesterday. My last tweet to him was in March. Guess I didn't miss him much. lol

About the practice thing, there are about 15 guys practicing at the F'NC.

"There are just to many questions and not enough talent on this roster right now" - In regards to us being a playoff team.

Honestly yes, that about sums up this season. Don't look for playoffs but look for individual growth. Starting slow this year and finishing strong is actually important. Foligno, Hodgson, Grigorenko's growth in particular should be watched closely. Add to that in Rochester Ristolainen, Grigensons, Larsson, Catenacci, etc... and this is the year of what do we have going forward not can we compete right now.

Where is that quote? I don't see it.

Where is that quote? I don't see it.

i believe I pulled it from the video.

I have no clue. TBH I just noticed yesterday. My last tweet to him was in March. Guess I didn't miss him much. lol

About the practice thing, there are about 15 guys practicing at the F'NC.

Who is there besides, Myers, Weber, Pysyk, McNabb?

I found it interesting that Myers in particular is "power skating" in Buffalo and also that he clearly indicates this teams conditioning is night and day above what it was.

This is consistent with other reports/ramblings, including many on SHH. The good news, it sounds like he's recovered from that broken bone in his leg that ended his season early.

Conditioning is obviously only a part of it but good steps in the right direction...

This can be a boost for his confidence, which he will definitely need.

Archived