2013 Sabres Development Camp, July 10-12

26CornerBlitz

Meanwhile.....in Dallas, the 235lb Russian Bear is signed on for 3 years.....

Hopefully this means nothing.

How do you mean? If you don't mind....

That's nice why do we care? Because we could have drafted him? We didn't because I bet his work ethic is spotty and I think his skills are likewise spotty. I like ristolainen regardless of what nichushkin does. I am sure that Ristolainen will be given the oppurtunity to make the team and sign a 3yr entry level deal. It sounds like he is quite good from what I have heard out of development camp this morning.

BTW, park in the ramp. Tell them you were there to watch the Sabres on your way out. FREE.

I'm not so sure on the AHL thing.

Guess we'll know soon enough:

@kevinoDandC

#Sabres said last week that Rasmus Ristolainen had no contractual obligations in Finland. He says he does. Hoping for definitive word today.

I'd be curious about the level of the league, too.

EDIT: Nevermind, looked it up. Two levels below USHL.

They have produced their fare share of players though. The two most recent first rounders that come to mind are Girgensons and Charlie Coyle. They're a feeder to the USHL and NCAA mostly.

Anyway, is he definitely Ted's son or was it a joke? My friend wasn't aware of that link. But anyway, league MVP as voted on by the coaches, so it seems like an earned spot.

They have produced their fare share of players though. The two most recent first rounders that come to mind are Girgensons and Charlie Coyle. They're a feeder to the USHL and NCAA mostly.

Anyway, is he definitely Ted's son or was it a joke? My friend wasn't aware of that link. But anyway, league MVP as voted on by the coaches, so it seems like an earned spot.

It's Ted Black's son.

He at least was a good player in that league. When I first saw his kid was on one of the teams, I had a "you gotta be Shtn me" moment. But at least you can argue merit.

It's Ted Black's son.

He at least was a good player in that league. When I first saw his kid was on one of the teams, I had a "you gotta be Shtn me" moment. But at least you can argue merit.

Leading that league at 20 isn't all that much though. Still, they always throw a couple spots to a "higher profile" local kid, so that's about all there is to see here.

Archived