2013 Sabres Development Camp, July 10-12

26CornerBlitz

I love all the analysis of the developmental camp on here, since i've been real busy with work lately, this is one of the few times in recent years i have no been able to make it out to Buffalo to see the prospects play. But, i just wanted to remind everyone, before you get too high on anyone, or too low, let's not forget last years developmental camp scrimmage MVP was Jaime Wise after scoring a hat trick, including a real beauty of a goal. Exactly... who?!?

I liked McNabb in the scrimmage. I noticed him break up several plays. I wonder why he doesn't shoot more. He had the hardest snapshot at the AHL all star game last season.

McNabb REALLY stood out for me at last years scrimmage when he came out on the ice and went down face first lol.

My two cents as I was there is that the guys that impressed me were Gergs, Zadorov, Bailey and Kea.

Kea who nobody seems to mention, strikes me as a bigger Kaleta. I noticed and liked him.

Gergs acted like he is the man. He will be fun. Think Wendel Clark for us 45+ people. he is the real deal.

Zadorov looked like he is going to mold his game after Scott Stevens. Um, I'm ok with that!

Bailey was the surprise to me. Seemed to be NHL ready. Although playing with John Scott wont help him he has NHL talent. Hits, scores etc lets hope he doesn't play with John Scott.

Biggest disappointment for me was Grigs. Maybe cause I read idiot Harringtons column that day but I do agree with it. Grigs needed to show himself as a man amongst boys. He didn't and was as others have said almost like MIA. Not cool. But then I remind myself he is only a kid and I am going to give him time to earn his draft position pick.

Secondary disappointment, Risto. Zadorov looks much better and we could have taken the stud winger that Dallas took.

Course, this is all said with a grain a of salt.

Thanks for the analysis. I didn't make it this year, but last year I recall thinking that Girgs showed a lot more than Grigs. Having seen Grigs in his few NHL appearances, it doesn't surprise me that my initial reaction still holds.

Hopefully he can justify his draft position. But remember, he did drop like a stone just weeks before it happened. Hmmm...makes one wonder.

Thanks for the analysis. I didn't make it this year, but last year I recall thinking that Girgs showed a lot more than Grigs. Having seen Grigs in his few NHL appearances, it doesn't surprise me that my initial reaction still holds.

Hopefully he can justify his draft position. But remember, he did drop like a stone just weeks before it happened. Hmmm...makes one wonder.

This post proves that we need a better way of referring to Grigorenko and Girgensons.

This post proves that we need a better way of referring to Grigorenko and Girgensons.

I sitll think Girgensons should be referred to as "Z" or just about anything but Girgs. The whole Girgs and Grigs thing give me a headache.

Grigs and Gorgon

Z as his nickname makes me think of World War Z

Archived