Sabres re-sign Mike Weber to a 3 year deal

26CornerBlitz

Steal. Weber was consistantly one of the best two defensemen on the ice all year. I honestly feel kind of bad for him. If he were an UFA, I'm sure he could have got double (see Steve Montador).

I can see why you value him. But I don't think he makes double in this market.

This will be Weber's make-or-break contract. I've always liked Weber, and each season he gets "better". He isn't saddled with Myers-like expectations, none of this offensive-defenseman crap. I liken him to Regehr; I hope he was paying attention while he was attending Robyn's classes.

Obviously I like the deal as I have been all about Weber for 2 years now. That being said, I think the price is reasonable for what he brings to the team. I love the duration of the deal. Also I find it interesting that he has been the 7th guy to start the last 3 seasons then once he was in the lineup never left. Ruff I think misjudged and misused him. Hopefully Rolston understands Weber isn't joining the rush or putting up big numbers, but he can skate quite well and has a deceptively hard slap shot.

Also Mike Weber likes to make it hell to play in our zone, we need more of that.

Don't think this belongs here, but it might. I hope this is true, keeping Ott is huge in my opinion. Weber and Ott share the same agent.

John Vogl@BuffNewsVogl 6m

Gourwitz also represents Steve Ott, who has 1 year left on contract, and he "hopes and expects" to talk with Sabres after draft about deal.

It's a good signing on its merits and hopefully it comes with a bonus in that we'll be in a better position to re-sign Ott, since he and Weber are BFFs.

This thread isn't nearly negative enough. There's gotta be someone around here who hates this signing.

You know what this is. It's the setup. Massage the new whipping boy. The fresh meat will be even more tender when roasted in January.

I find it extremely telling that Weber sat to start the last 3 season and then never left the lineup. Lindy I think highly undervalued Weber and was to in love with his puck movers.

http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sabres-re-sign-mike-weber-to-multi-year-contract/

Weber sat the first five games last season before playing 42 of the final 43 tilts.

It was nothing new for Weber, who was scratched first 10 games in 2011-12 and 20 of the opening 22 contests in 2010-11.

Steal. Weber was consistantly one of the best two defensemen on the ice all year. I honestly feel kind of bad for him. If he were an UFA, I'm sure he could have got double (see Steve Montador).

He was definitely one of the best two defensemen on the ice not named Ehrhoff or Sekera all year.

Archived