Sabres re-sign Mike Weber to a 3 year deal

26CornerBlitz

Glad they signed him...He is our Brooks Orpik.....

We can only hope Weber turns out to be as good as Orpik. In any event, good deal for a solid 3rd pairing guy, which is hopefully the level of play he maintains.

If he improved over each of the next two years like he improved this past year, he'd be a $3.5-$4.5M guy. I'd like to see that.

So would i...but I just don't see that kind of potential in him, although I feel like I'm in a minority around here on that.

So would i...but I just don't see that kind of potential in him, although I feel like I'm in a minority around here on that.

I'm not sure I see it in him either, but I'd like to see him expand that potential somewhat through the implementation of his great work ethic. Honestly, I'm still not sold on his abilities or consistency, but "he's got guts, and guts is enough."

He's from Pittsburgh. Orpik is from Amherst. Interesting comparison with that little caveat.

I have found that interesting as well....Weber is no number 1 or 2 dman but he is a solid 12-14 minute dman by far....He is a good solid hockey player that hurts people in the corners and around the net....

Archived