Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Yea I counted them as teal. Any official list of colors for the marlins is a complete lie because they use every shade of every bright color this side of the sun on their uniforms/stadium.

That's the rumor about the Marlins, at least. Like unicorns, they could be any color, but nobody has ever seen them.

How did the NHL become so lopsided? The Western Conference is loaded. Other than a possible Pittsburgh vs Boston match-up I can't think of any possible series in the East I am would look forward to.

Interesting that if the playoffs started today each conference would have 1 team under .500. And while every team in the West will have a positive goal differential, 3 teams in the East are negative and 1, Montreal, is even.

Agreed. I haven't looked up the numbers, but just by watching games it's clear the matches featuring Western Conferences teams are more intense. Even the crowds seem more into it in the west.

It's a shame, too, because a team like Boston wouldn't make it to the finals against a St. Louis or maybe a Chicago (I haven't seen enough Ducks games to make this call, although I could surmise it, I suppose) if the playoffs were arranged without conferences.

Why do you say that? Was a clear dirty and dumb play. I think he should've gotten more.

Watch it again and pay close attention to what the Oiler does to him maybe 5-10 seconds before the punch. He deserves a game, but that clown deserved even more than a sucker punch.

Why do you say that? Was a clear dirty and dumb play. I think he should've gotten more.

Watch it again and pay close attention to what the Oiler does to him maybe 5-10 seconds before the punch. He deserves a game, but that clown deserved even more than a sucker punch.

Oh no. Serious situation in Dallas.

The Stars bench began banging their sticks while the game was happening and screaming for medical attention as something happened suddenly. Appears to involve Rich Peverley who is the only member of the team not on the bench currently. Game is stopped. Arena is silent.

Edited by Tankalicious

Oh no. Serious situation in Dallas.

The Stars bench began banging their sticks while the game was happening and screaming for medical attention as something happened suddenly. Appears to involve Rich Peverley who is the only member of the team not on the bench currently. Game is stopped. Arena is silent.

Keep us updated. If it's another player having a stroke then the NHL needs to open an inquiry.

Both teams and all of their coaches have been pulled off the ice and left through the away team exit instead of the direction of the Stars lockerroom. Officials are talking to Toronto who has said they have not decided yet whether or not to cancel the game.

EDIT: The refs have now left the ice.

Uh oh...

Aaron Portzline @Aportzline

#DallasStars Peverley has had an existing heart condition , #FSO reports

Possible, but unconfirmed good news:

Daren Millard @darenmillard

Good news. Lindy Ruff comes out of the hall way and says Rich Peverley is going to be ok

Millard said this information came from one of Columbus' reporters who overheard Lindy.

Edited by Tankalicious

Story on Peverley's condition.

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/2014/03/rich-peverley-returns-to-lineup-after-being-sidelined-with-resurfacing-cardiac-issue.html/

It is now confirmed that Peverley is the player who collapsed.

Announcement in the arena: Peverley was taken to the hospital and the game is currently in delay. No decision just yet on whether to continue.

Peverly has an irregular heartbeat. He missed the entire preseason dealing with it and missed a game last week due to it. It's a serious condition, obviously, but it's something that both he and the Stars are aware of.

Atrial Fibrillation according to Jim Nill

Josh Rimer@JoshRimerHockey 34s

The NHL has canceled the Stars Blue Jackets game and I honesty believe they made the right decision. Players from both teams are shook up.

Deadspin story:

WARNING: video in the link shows the beginning of the situation. Nothing graphic, but scary to watch.

http://deadspin.com/cbj-stars-game-currently-suspended-after-rich-peverley-1540912374?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Holy cow. Glad he's conscious and they called off the game... hopefully he'll be okay.

I have afib as well and Peverley came up in my research for treatment options (gotta love Google for linking heart reasearch and hockey), and he had an ablation procedure where they go up from a vein in your groin and either burn or freeze the tissue causing the electrical issue and it's usually outpatient but most spend the night in the hospital. Luckily I'm on meds and haven't had to go through it, but my doctor did say if I did an ablation when and if needed, don't be surprised that you'll need a second.

Great news that he is awake and talking. That is the best news. Hopefully, they can correct this for him and he can continue his career.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.