Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

We should have traded for Yak, too late now

I was definitely wrong about him

He was the first pick for a reason and is not a bust.

I can see him playing in FLA

Where is this coming from? Has he done something miraculous to reverse his league-worst +/-?

Right? Anyway, Fraser, with whom I usually disagree, posted a completely absurd analysis of this situation: http://www.tsn.ca/bl...aser/?id=442918

So his argument is that Gallagher was embellishing on the initial contact with Bogosian and tried even harder with Montoya, then should have drawn the interference call on the hit from Trouba.

I'll never defend Frasier, but concisely, what's the completely absurd part?

In my experience, if you play in the dirty areas, it gets dirty. And that intensity only ramps up at the crucial end of a close game. To stand in the crease with your arms up looking for a call when your team's trying to get back on sides with less than a minute left in a one goal game looks pretty ###### silly.

If Yak played for the Sabres what do u think is +/- would be?

He's basically a rookie.

Not much better honestly. He's just lazy; he's a lesser version of Ovechkin, who, despite leading the league in goals and being 6th in points, has an astounding -17. Girgensons, who is a rookie and not a highly touted number one pick, has a -10 to Yak's -29, and Girgenson plays on the worst team in the league.

He let himself be passed by Weber? :)

You're right, Weber has put in a late season charge to cling to that spot actually, -32 to Yak's -29 :lol:

Edited by WildCard

If Yak played for the Sabres what do u think is +/- would be?

He's basically a rookie.

Even worse if he was here.

He's not "basically a rookie." He's in his second year.

I think he's very talented, and I hope he figures it out. But he has done nothing lately to make me think he's not lazy. The fact that he's almost said straight forward that playing defense and playing off the puck isn't something he wants to do makes me never want him on my team. Especially not for the crazy price we would have to pay to get him.

Edited by Tankalicious

Even worse if he was here.

He's not "basically a rookie." He's in his second year.

I think he's very talented, and I hope he figures it out. But he has done nothing lately to make me think he's not lazy. The fact that he's almost said straight forward that playing defense and playing off the puck isn't something he wants to do makes me never want him on my team. Especially not for the crazy price we would have to pay to get him.

language barrier?

Give him a break he's young. I personally wouldn't want him on this team but at the same time i admire his talent

Edited by BuffaloBorn

language barrier?

Give him a break he's young. I personally wouldn't want him on this team but at the same time i admire his talent

Not sure what you mean by language barrier.

And I stated that he has talent. Talent gets you nowhere if you don't have the brain to use it and the heart to want to. He doesn't appear to have much of either just yet.

We should have traded for Yak, too late now

I was definitely wrong about him

He was the first pick for a reason and is not a bust.

I can see him playing in FLA

No like literally where did this come from lol! Like why is it too late now? I'm not saying you are wrong, but I was curious why you said this now (like something happened).

No like literally where did this come from lol! Like why is it too late now? I'm not saying you are wrong, but I was curious why you said this now (like something happened).

An apiphany,

I'm assuming it is too late partly because I thought EDM told everyone he was an untouchable at some point right?

idk what he did but... that was kinda awesome

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 ahhahahahha Edited by BuffaloBorn

Right? Anyway, Fraser, with whom I usually disagree, posted a completely absurd analysis of this situation: http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/kerry_fraser/?id=442918

Good ol hair model Fraser.... I've hated him ever since I was younger, he refereed a hockey tourney I was in and he gave me the most bogus high stick call ever, I mean I was young, but it was absolute absurd considering I wasn't near another player, I was shooting the puck down the ice to clear on a PK.... Since that day,,, ultimate hatred of him

And there was that game in Vancouver I think where Gaustad scored to tie the game, he disallowed it and called GT interference, anyone remember that crap?

Good ol hair model Fraser.... I've hated him ever since I was younger, he refereed a hockey tourney I was in and he gave me the most bogus high stick call ever, I mean I was young, but it was absolute absurd considering I wasn't near another player, I was shooting the puck down the ice to clear on a PK.... Since that day,,, ultimate hatred of him

And there was that game in Vancouver I think where Gaustad scored to tie the game, he disallowed it and called GT interference, anyone remember that crap?

Are you old enough to remember the Sabres/Caps Game 2 debacle?

Edited by MattPie

I do remember that mess, Fraser sure liked to call a lot of plays dives back in the day... And he clearly hated buffalo (conspiracy theory or not)

No conspiracy. He was pissed about Ray and May and probably a couple of others I'm missing for 'showing up' Walkom.

Absolutely ridiculous job by him.

No conspiracy. He was pissed about Ray and May and probably a couple of others I'm missing for 'showing up' Walkom.

Fraser probably should have been head of officials. He's really good off the ice. I never thought he was as detached when he was working as he is in his articles.

He really was an awful ref, and I don't just mean during Sabres games (although, Sabs/Sens game three was one of the worst officiated games I ever saw live). He always made himself too much a part of the game. That's the worst thing a ref can do.

I know this doesn't belong in here, but it seemed like a good thread for what I'm asking: I'd asked before of any way to watch the olympic games online after the fact, and Josie gave me tunnel bear, but does anyone know any other way? I'm trying to watch the US-Russia game (I've heard it's amazing,I still don't know the score). I'd use tunnel bear, but I'm at my folk's house and I'm hesitant to download it on their computer.

I know this doesn't belong in here, but it seemed like a good thread for what I'm asking: I'd asked before of any way to watch the olympic games online after the fact, and Josie gave me tunnel bear, but does anyone know any other way? I'm trying to watch the US-Russia game (I've heard it's amazing,I still don't know the score). I'd use tunnel bear, but I'm at my folk's house and I'm hesitant to download it on their computer.

I know NBC is replaying it at 8pm, if that helps.

Really? Actually that's perfect, I can fit in some skating before while it's nice out. Thanks a bunch, appreciate it.

It says hockey game of the day at 6-8pm, but it's only showing Sweeden vs. Latvia, and I can't find any other listings for 8pm hockey on NBC networks :cry:

######, and now they went from Sweeden vs. Latvia to Swiss vs. Czech. :wallbash:

Edited by WildCard

If you have a friend / family member who does subscribe to DirecTV or one of the participating providers, you can use their account info to log in and stream via NBC Sports (app or online, I believe).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.