Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Well this is probably for another thread but if Bishop is going to be out say 6-8 weeks, with how loaded TB is in prospects, they could trade for Miller a pick and prospect and honestly not think much of it.

Tampa isn't really loaded with forward prospects. A good number of them are current NHL players and not considered "prospects" anymore.

WE HAVE A MAJOR TRADE:

@DarrenDreger: Oilers acquire Mark Fraser from Leafs for Cam Abner and Hartikainen.

JK

That is bad value for Fraser who is tough and not bad. Abney doesn't look like he'll even make it to the AHL and Harty might not be an NHLer. Feels like a prelude to another deal for Toronto.

EDIT: reading TML fans' tweets make me think that Fraser is actually "a nightmare" as many called him. So many are celebrating him being shipped out of town.

Edited by Tankalicious

WE HAVE A MAJOR TRADE:

@DarrenDreger: Oilers acquire Mark Fraser from Leafs for Cam Abner and Hartikainen.

JK

That is bad value for Fraser who is tough and not bad. Abney doesn't look like he'll even make it to the AHL and Harty might not be an NHLer. Feels like a prelude to another deal for Toronto.

EDIT: reading TML fans' tweets make me think that Fraser is actually "a nightmare" as many called him. So many are celebrating him being shipped out of town.

What made him a nightmare?

What made him a nightmare?

Not sure. A lot of Toronto fans are just excited that he's gone. A few are just saying he doesn't fit.

It doesn't look like Toronto will even use Harty. He doesn't have a contract and is in the KHL. Looks like he'll stay there. Abney expires this offseason. So it was a contract dump.

Not sure. A lot of Toronto fans are just excited that he's gone. A few are just saying he doesn't fit.

It doesn't look like Toronto will even use Harty. He doesn't have a contract and is in the KHL. Looks like he'll stay there. Abney expires this offseason. So it was a contract dump.

Its a contract dump, they need the cap space (after they move a couple of guys back to the Marlies) in order to bring back Bolland from IR. When they picked up Gleason for Liles, they also took on some additional salary that is keeping them from being able to bring Bolland back up

Most MLFers just think that Fraser hasn't been the same since his knee and head injuries. I haven't seen anyone refer to him as a nightmare though

Edited by apuszczalowski

With The islanders losing again, what do you do if you're the gm of that team? If u sell at the deadline, you risk being even worse and assuring yourself a top 5 or even a top 3 by the end of the year. But then you have to decide if you keep the pick or give it to the sabres. If u keep it, the risk is they are terrible again next year since they were sellers at the deadline, but their lottery pick is in the sabres hands for the eichel/mcdavid sweepstakes. While vanek is playing great for them, and they could probably trade him at the deadline if he won't sign an extension, I think in hindsight there's no way they would make that trade again

Regarding Frazier, it not he a nightmare, he actually had a career season last year, has been injured much of this season, with addition of youth, and recently Gleason there is not a spot for this player given he and Edmonton coach have had a good relationship and they needing a 6th on the blue line who is a stay at home guy and does offer needed toughness it a decent trade for Edmonton and a kindness by Leafs who did not have a place for him. Frazier actually a very excellent character guy who because of this gets some considerations others perhaps would not. And yes it does give Leafs some wiggle room in terms of adding another player. He not a nightmare far from it , he a good not exceptional but hard working guy.

Edited by millbank

With The islanders losing again, what do you do if you're the gm of that team?

I look long and hard at the draft picks to see if next year's draft is so good that I should give Buffalo a top four pick this year instead of a top eight pick next year. And then I lick a window because I'm a backup goalie, and I don't have the proper organ to make those kinds of decisions.

The Bruins had a goal called back on replay! How can this happen? Are they no longer a MFT? Did Jeremy Jacobs barge of gold not reach the headquarters of the ELONHLO (Evil League of National Hockey League Officials)? Did the metropolitan Boston area run out of virgins to feed Gary Bettman's insatiable appetite? Does any one have a short wave radio to reach SwampD or Eleven in their bomb shelters? The world is upside down, I need answers. :o

The Bruins had a goal called back on replay! How can this happen? Are they no longer a MFT? Did Jeremy Jacobs barge of gold not reach the headquarters of the ELONHLO (Evil League of National Hockey League Officials)? Did the metropolitan Boston area run out of virgins to feed Gary Bettman's insatiable appetite? Does any one have a short wave radio to reach SwampD or Eleven in their bomb shelters? The world is upside down, I need answers. :o

Shanny doesn't do goal review. Just relax. Try to breathe through your nose.

How can you be so sure man, how can you be sure? He's in the bunker, he might have access on the weekends :unsure:

The distance between the goal review room and Shanny's office is 350 miles as the crow files. It used to be that the disciplinary couch was in Toronto (I sat on it once), but it's in New York now.

Edited by Eleven

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.