Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Nobody is that good.

Tough to be in McPhee's shoes that's for sure.

Really think Hunter had the secret to how to use OV , glue his behind to bench use him in power plays . OV his problem as a team concept he selfish in overstaying his shifts, putting the rest of team out of synch. For the goals he scores , his me attitude negates his skills. A team would be crazy to trade top picks for he. OV needs a Hunter , Pat Burns type that would rip his heart out if he did not do what he was told.

Really think Hunter had the secret to how to use OV , glue his behind to bench use him in power plays . OV his problem as a team concept he selfish in overstaying his shifts, putting the rest of team out of synch. For the goals he scores , his me attitude negates his skills. A team would be crazy to trade top picks for he. OV needs a Hunter , Pat Burns type that would rip his heart out if he did not do what he was told.

He had Hunter. Didn't work.

He had Hunter. Didn't work.

disagree with Hunter the went on nice run , Capitals playing much better and did so with less OV . Hunter chose to move back to team he owns with brother the London Knights. Sabres have high pick playing in London, Hunter most responsible for players improvements. That Hunter gets no respect here, does not change he a excellent coach who has had great success.

Edited by millbank

disagree with Hunter the went on nice run , Capitals playing much better and did so with less OV . Hunter chose to move back to team he owns with brother the London Knights. Sabres have high pick playing in London, Hunter most responsible for players improvements. That Hunter gets no respect here, does not change he a excellent coach who has had great success.

I think you misunderstood my point. The problem is Ovechkin.

It's a shame that the best player on the planet is also an all-world first-team embellisher.

All hockey players are trained to react like this when randomly hit in the face. Just watch any player after taking a stick to the face. Some are obviously legit, but there's an endless highlight reel of guys acting like they've been shot after a stick grazes or even misses their face all together.

I'm not all that surprised by the reaction here though. I think the linesman hit him a hell of a lot harder than most seem to. It's tough to tell with the slow-motion, but watch how much the linesman's arm bends as he makes contact. He got him good. Now if only someone could show it at full speed, I'm sick of the over-use of slow-motion. You can "prove" just about anything with it.

Oh and who was the linesman? If it was Mike Cvik, Crosby should probably be dead.

Oh and who was the linesman? If it was Mike Cvik, Crosby should probably be dead.

Today I learned about this individual. Wow. How did I never notice him before? Probably the only linesman who could wrestle down a raging Chara if need be.

All hockey players are trained to react like this when randomly hit in the face. Just watch any player after taking a stick to the face. Some are obviously legit, but there's an endless highlight reel of guys acting like they've been shot after a stick grazes or even misses their face all together.

I'm not all that surprised by the reaction here though. I think the linesman hit him a hell of a lot harder than most seem to. It's tough to tell with the slow-motion, but watch how much the linesman's arm bends as he makes contact. He got him good. Now if only someone could show it at full speed, I'm sick of the over-use of slow-motion. You can "prove" just about anything with it.

I appreciate the perspective.

This clip has the incident in real-time, from a distance.

http://youtu.be/bDZp5vmk5JU

Seeing it in real-time, it's clear he didn't see it coming and it may've come close to his eye (which triggers naturally strong flinching to protect the eye), and it doesn't really look all that floppy.

Even so, Sid earned his rep as a diver.

Douglas Murray of the Canadians absolutely layed out Mike Kostka of the Lightening with a sick elbow tonight. KNOCKED THE F### OUT COLD. There has to be a suspension for that one.

Here is video of this hit. Its more like a flying elbow to the head. Pretty deliberate and brutal. I say 10 games without question.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24510908/watch-douglas-murray-to-face-hearing-after-hit-on-michael-kostka

I think you misunderstood my point. The problem is Ovechkin.

oh no we agree that it is OV who is the problem , i was pointing out Hunter was one coach who found a way to use him by gluing his behind to bench. It would have been interesting given Washington ownership had Hunters back , just how Hunter would have coached him continuing on. It the only way to handle such a player. What is open to debate is he worth the trouble. Many would say no

oh no we agree that it is OV who is the problem , i was pointing out Hunter was one coach who found a way to use him by gluing his behind to bench. It would have been interesting given Washington ownership had Hunters back , just how Hunter would have coached him continuing on. It the only way to handle such a player. What is open to debate is he worth the trouble. Many would say no

I would say no. If Hunter couldn't fix him w/ the benchings, then he's not going to be fixed. He would be the guy to add at the deadline to get some extra scoring; he is not the guy to build around.

no love lost for Leafs here for sure. That they swirling the drain now perhaps it a matter of things evening out, as they a team giving up 40+ per game, goalies holding them in most games. The simply were not a good as record indicated. Having said that it is not they getting blown out , they losing in this run mostly close games, it is inexplicable but sometimes in goes bad and there is seemingly not a way to right it, the harder you try, the worst it gets. They pressing their sticks, sucks if you follow the team, a otherwise if not spectacular, decent season, if not down the drain, in the vortex, the plug on floor, the Leafs with soapy hands and cannot pick it up.

(Taro.... everybody over the boards at you for calling God's team the Loafs. omg the horror, the travesty, )

by the way, they not out of it, a win tonight the right back in picture and as cold as they have been, they can also get hot.

Long live Fenwick close! :)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.