Enroth signs two year deal with Sabres

26CornerBlitz

Why would a rebuilding team like the Flames want an almost 33 year old Miller entering the final year of a $6 million/year contract?

Also, why would Miller want to go to a non-contending Calgary?....especially with his wife in LA.

Honestly, who the heck cares what Miller "wants"? If Calgary gave us a haul like that (and I agree with you...total lunacy on their part if they did), and they weren't on his 7 team list...so long Ryan Miller. It matters not if that isn't his ideal place.

Miller is a good goalie. Varlamov netted a first and two seconds...

I guess that explains why the Avs have a new front office.

Honestly, who the heck cares what Miller "wants"? If Calgary gave us a haul like that (and I agree with you...total lunacy on their part if they did), and they weren't on his 7 team list...so long Ryan Miller. It matters not if that isn't his ideal place.

I guess that explains why the Avs have a new front office.

Miller has a list of 8 teams he cannot be traded to...I'll bet anything that Calgary is on that list.

Jordan Staal was dealt for Brandon Sutter, Brian Dumoulin, and 8.

Once again, consider the context. For one, Staal was almost a decade younger than Miller at the time of the trade. Secondly, Carolina knew for a fact that he was not only willing to sign, but thanks to Pittsburgh, knew the exact parameters of the deal. The Canes were also making a move to compete now, rather than going for a complete rebuild. I doubt even Jay Feaster is stupid enough to believe he's a Miller away from being competitive. And that's before even addressing the age and contract status.

Once again, consider the context. For one, Staal was almost a decade younger than Miller at the time of the trade. Secondly, Carolina knew for a fact that he was not only willing to sign, but thanks to Pittsburgh, knew the exact parameters of the deal. The Canes were also making a move to compete now, rather than going for a complete rebuild. I doubt even Jay Feaster is stupid enough to believe he's a Miller away from being competitive. And that's before even addressing the age and contract status.

Edmonton might be a Miller away from competing - i am shocked that people think Miller is barely worth a 2nd round pick. Thomas at 38 was traded for a 2nd rounder and he wasn't even going to play this year

Yeah I thought about it after I posted. But I still think you're underestimating what kind of return we could get for Miller.

Edmonton might be a Miller away from competing - i am shocked that people think Miller is barely worth a 2nd round pick. Thomas at 38 was traded for a 2nd rounder and he wasn't even going to play this year

Yeah I thought about it after I posted. But I still think you're underestimating what kind of return we could get for Miller.

On the contrary, I think MIller can fetch a pretty decent return--it just has to be from the right team in the right situation. I cannot see the bottom feeders as viable options to give us a nice package in return, just do not see it. Basically I expect 2/3 of the following if Miller is traded before the season starts: 1st, good prospect (think Larsson-level), good 3rd line player.

Any confirmation on Enroth's money?

Capgeek is showing 2 years at 1.25 million / year, but it's in a different font and colour ... same as LeBrun reported. So, maybe it's not been recognized as *official* yet by the NHL.

Capgeek is also stating that he'll be UFA after this contract expires.

Capgeek is showing 2 years at 1.25 million / year, but it's in a different font and colour ... same as LeBrun reported. So, maybe it's not been recognized as *official* yet by the NHL.

Capgeek is also stating that he'll be UFA after this contract expires.

If true that's a fair deal for Buffalo. Backup money.

If true that's a fair deal for Buffalo. Backup money.

Yep.

Just noticed that the different colour and font on capgeek means that the deals are estimated / unconfirmed. So, not officially recognized by NHL as of yet.

I guess now we can start a RFA signing watch thread too ... the Sabres have a few of them, including Hodgson and Weber.

To be honest this contract screams back up goaltender to me.

I can see two things happening.

1. mIller stays and signs extension with enroth as back up.

2. We trade enroth to LA for bernier (gives LA a cheap back up goaltender), and miller is traded as well.

Edit: unless I'm completely wrong and this contract is a steal.

To be honest this contract screams back up goaltender to me.

I can see two things happening.

1. mIller stays and signs extension with enroth as back up.

2. We trade enroth to LA for bernier (gives LA a cheap back up goaltender), and miller is traded as well.

Edit: unless I'm completely wrong and this contract is a steal.

I think it is a fair deal. If Enroth validates his worth, he'll get paid in 24 months.

I think it is a fair deal. If Enroth validates his worth, he'll get paid in 24 months.

And as a UFA to boot.

He expects to get his chance and expects to take advantage.

Ballsy call by Enroth.

I'm not convinced he's big enough to be a starter in this league but I like his attitude.

I must be in the minority here. 1.25m doesn't portend anything to me about Miller's future in Buffalo. I hope Miller is staying.

That's how I see it, too; just a typical deal to take him to his UFA years.

It appears from the salary that Miller is staying. I'm amazed that Miller isn't getting frustrated with playing on a lower-eschelon team like the Sabres - but maybe at this stage in his career he's more interested in easy money than chasing a championship?

It appears from the salary that Miller is staying. I'm amazed that Miller isn't getting frustrated with playing on a lower-eschelon team like the Sabres - but maybe at this stage in his career he's more interested in easy money than chasing a championship?

How does Enroth's salary mean anything about Ryan Miller?

Because Enroth's contract is for back-up goalie pay. I couldn't imagine the Sabres letting Miller walk, then hunting for another starting goalie, with Enroth left as back up. The logical move would be to bump Enroth up to starting goalie - but the money is not commiserate with such a position. We also heard Pegula come out and declare on Tuesday that he wants Miller to stay.

Archived