Enroth signs two year deal with Sabres

26CornerBlitz

Because Enroth's contract is for back-up goalie pay. I couldn't imagine the Sabres letting Miller walk, then hunting for another starting goalie, with Enroth left as back up. The logical move would be to bump Enroth up to starting goalie - but the money is not commiserate with such a position. We also heard Pegula come out and declare on Tuesday that he wants Miller to stay.

And I'll say again what I said up thread. I think this is a precautionary move by Regier in the event that he does trade Miller.

Also we know Enroth has expressed his desire to have a crack at a starting job. Does he really extend his contract unless he thinks there's a good chance he'll be getting his shot with the Sabres soon? I mean ######, we have backup goalies already. If all we wanted Enroth for was to be a backup then there's no need to re-sign him.

Because Enroth's contract is for back-up goalie pay. I couldn't imagine the Sabres letting Miller walk, then hunting for another starting goalie, with Enroth left as back up. The logical move would be to bump Enroth up to starting goalie - but the money is not commiserate with such a position. We also heard Pegula come out and declare on Tuesday that he wants Miller to stay.

You know that you're allowed to get good deals on players. I know it seems like it's not allowed because we only ever overpay for sh*tty players.

So just give Enroth 3 or 4 mil just to say (Darcy talk) he is the starter? It's a good raise for him and he gets to prove himself as a starter and in two years when he proves he can carry a team he gets the $$$. No other team would give him that much as he does not have the "numbers" behind him yet. In two years he is a bust or a hero. We all know the heroes get the bucks. This signing has no bearing on Miller staying or going. I still say Miller is gone. I would love to keep him, and as a goalie he is in his prime, and we can get good picks/players for him if we decide to trade.

I'm seeing a Enroth/Hackett or Leggrio (sp?) tandem in BFLO.

If you can sign him for that little, regardless of him being a back up or not, why wouldn't you do it? The only was this would have been indicative of anything would be if it were big time starting goaltender money, then we'd know they no longer want Miller. They want Miller, we know that, whether he wants us is another question.

I believe they are trading Miller this summer. Signing Enroth for only 2 years for that amount doesn't show Darcy's hand to the rest of the league and still gives him options regarding a trade involving Miller. If that is what he intends to do.

Guest Sloth

So just give Enroth 3 or 4 mil just to say (Darcy talk) he is the starter? It's a good raise for him and he gets to prove himself as a starter and in two years when he proves he can carry a team he gets the $$$. No other team would give him that much as he does not have the "numbers" behind him yet. In two years he is a bust or a hero. We all know the heroes get the bucks. This signing has no bearing on Miller staying or going. I still say Miller is gone. I would love to keep him, and as a goalie he is in his prime, and we can get good picks/players for him if we decide to trade.

I'm seeing a Enroth/Hackett or Leggrio (sp?) tandem in BFLO.

Couldn't agree me! Well, minus the Leggio part. He's a career AHL player and will most likely be off the Amerks roster in the near future w/ the goalie prospects the Sabres have.

We also heard Pegula come out and declare on Tuesday that he wants Miller to stay.

Pegula needs to get quiet and stay out of the who's picked, traded, etc.... Terry needs to let the people he is paying do their job.

Pegula needs to get quiet and stay out of the who's picked, traded, etc.... Terry needs to let the people he is paying do their job.

:clapping:

That confidence stems from Enroth’s new approach. He also started ignoring media reports about him to alleviate the pressure he put on himself.

“That’s the biggest thing,” Enroth said. “I stopped reading media after that, just tried to focus on my own game and listen to the coaches and stuff like that.”

http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/goalie-enroth-knew-he-was-playing-for-sabres-career-in-march-not-fretting-about-millers-future/

This will serve Jhonas well, if he has the discipline to swear it off for good. And if he has that kind of discipline, it bodes well for his goaltending. Honestly, I don't know why any player would want to bother with, or be bothered by, what media types have to say. But I'm sure it has to be tough to ignore it. They're human, and if today's paper had a story on how my day went yesterday, I'm sure I would read it.

It's what he's earned based upon his performance. Compare to a forward with a series of 20 point seasons. If he lights it up as the starter in 2014 (or sooner, if Miller is traded), he'll get his payday.

:clapping:

http://www.buffaloho...millers-future/

This will serve Jhonas well, if he has the discipline to swear it off for good. And if he has that kind of discipline, it bodes well for his goaltending. Honestly, I don't know why any player would want to bother with, or be bothered by, what media types have to say. But I'm sure it has to be tough to ignore it. They're human, and if today's paper had a story on how my day went yesterday, I'm sure I would read it.

I wonder if Enroth ignored all the adulation he received by his goal medal performance?

I wonder if Enroth ignored all the adulation he received by his goal medal performance?

Shouldnt be too hard for him, the only ones falling all over him and actually paid attention to him being on ths winning team in that tournament were the fans here. They are the only ones who see Enroth as anything more then a backup are here too

Archived