Brennan traded to Florida... and now Nashville

Two or less

In other words, he fits right in with the rest of our d.

:)

This is cutting off your toenail when the leg has gangrene. I liked John Vogl's line about Brennan having "only" one goal in 10 games. Ehrhoff has seven goals in 92 games. Good eye, Terry.

This is cutting off your toenail when the leg has gangrene. I liked John Vogl's line about Brennan having "only" one goal in 10 games. Ehrhoff has seven goals in 92 games. Good eye, Terry.

With all of the things on this team that are worthy of complaining about, you choose to bitch about Ehrhoff? Unreal.

:lol: it still surprises me more people think he can play NHL D. He's a friggin disaster in his own end. Bad puck handling, bad passing, bad decision making.

I think peoples frustration here is more of a reflection of just how bad our d situation really is.

The Sabres had two 2nd rounders the year TJ Brennan was drafted. They picked Brennan and Drew Schiestel. The Sabres might be in a different position today if they didn't pass on P.K. Subban and Wayne Simmonds.

Brennan ends up being a wasted draft pick in a horrendous 2007 Sabres draft class.

If that was common knowledge they would have been picked in the 1st round. Hindsight is so convenient after the fact.

The Sabres had two 2nd rounders the year TJ Brennan was drafted. They picked Brennan and Drew Schiestel. The Sabres might be in a different position today if they didn't pass on P.K. Subban and Wayne Simmonds.

Brennan ends up being a wasted draft pick in a horrendous 2007 Sabres draft class.

So in addition to being a lousy GM, Darcy is also a racist? :D

couldnt florida have gotten the first chance to claim him if we was indeed waived by the sabres? if that is true then they mustve thought Buffalo would trade him for just about anything (probably true) hence giving up the 5th rounder

Potentially an interesting behind the scenes:

DR: "Hey, Florida, we're thinking of waiving Brennan to make room for other players getting healthy. We could do it now, and you could claim him, or we could do it next week when Washington or Tampa Bay is in last place. I'm sure they'd be interested, but that might not be in your best interest, so how about a little something, you know, for the effort."

Potentially an interesting behind the scenes:

DR: "Hey, Florida, we're thinking of waiving Brennan to make room for other players getting healthy. We could do it now, and you could claim him, or we could do it next week when Washington or Tampa Bay is in last place. I'm sure they'd be interested, but that might not be in your best interest, so how about a little something, you know, for the effort."

Or maybe it went like this....

DR: "Hey Kevin?...yeah...this is Darcy. I'm about to get fired up here since the fanbase finally figured out I have zero clue what I'm doing...and we have this roster situation....remember when I got you that job in Rochester and gave you your big shot....then you got to move to 80 degrees and sunny, no income tax, and got to coach a team to the playoffs while we kept Lindy and spent more cash than any team in the league but they sucked? Yeah....Yeah......well, you can pay me back now. Go tell your guy that you really need some offensive jump on the backend, and you remember this Brennan kid and think he's the bees knees. Yeah.....yeah......I know......I know Kevin....but my owner is clueless about the whole thing. I'm sure I can get him to throw you a couple Gulfstream charters over the summer so you can take the family somewhere......yeah....Oh sure......ok....thanks Kevin."

Only on this forum will people bitch about our forwards not being defensive and our D-men not scoring. Unbelievable.

If that was common knowledge they would have been picked in the 1st round. Hindsight is so convenient after the fact.

Don't they always say you can't judge a draft class until years after? The 2007 Sabres draft was a complete failure.

The Bills get drilled all the time for players they pass up.

So in addition to being a lousy GM, Darcy is also a racist? :D

I didn't even think of that until I read your post.

Well, yeah, but looking at the 2007 2nd round, I believe that you picked the only two players to actually make it in the NHL (Galiardi, Spaling, Repik and Tangradi, too, I suppose, but they've barely made it.) The four defensemen between Brennan and Subban (picked by Vancouver, Washington, Boston and Philly) have played less NHL game combined (10 total) than Brennan. It was pretty weak draft overall.

Edit: missed Galiardi and Spaling, but they aren't exactly lighting it up, either.

Simmonds was picked right after the Sabres second pick. There were two players in the second round that have really made a big impact. The Sabres had a chance at both and came away with nothing to show for the 2007 draft.

Bad teams flub entire drafts.

With all of the things on this team that are worthy of complaining about, you choose to bitch about Ehrhoff? Unreal.

On this roster no player is above criticism. Is Ehrhoff the best d-man that Sabres have? I'd agree yes, then again, it's not difficult being the best of this sorry lot of blue-liners.

Don't they always say you can't judge a draft class until years after? The 2007 Sabres draft was a complete failure.

I didn't even think of that until I read your post.

Simmonds was picked right after the Sabres second pick. There were two players in the second round that have really made a big impact. The Sabres had a chance at both and came away with nothing to show for the 2007 draft.

Bad teams flub entire drafts.

On this roster no player is above criticism. Is Ehrhoff the best d-man that Sabres have? I'd agree yes, then again, it's not difficult being the best of this sorry lot of blue-liners.

But but but, 'D' stands for depth when it comes to the Buffalo sabres defence.

This thread is a ###### train wreck of snot-nosed hypocrisy.

Let's move forward.

I think most of this years Sabres defensive problems stem from a lack of support from the forwards. That and Jordan Leopold.

There's a lot of truthiness in this statement. Watching games (and advanced stats) has illustrated to me that our 3rd and 4th lines are not doing a good job defensively, regardless of the matchups they draw.

And I also agree: Jordan Leopold.

Although I'll be the first (millionth?) guy to say Leino's by no means an all-star, he is a good puck-possession player. Hopefully he'll be able to bring some defensive game to the front end. I'm glad he's healthy, and if we had to trade Brennan for a box of cookies to get him back in the lineup, so it goes. You like to see more return for a high 2nd rounder, but there's been bigger busts and we're by no means picky at this point.

This thread is a ###### train wreck of snot-nosed hypocrisy.

Let's move forward.

There's a lot of truthiness in this statement. Watching games (and advanced stats) has illustrated to me that our 3rd and 4th lines are not doing a good job defensively, regardless of the matchups they draw.

Although I'll be the first (millionth?) guy to say Leino's by no means an all-star, he is a good puck-possession player. Hopefully he'll be able to bring some defensive game to the front end. I'm glad he's healthy, and if we had to trade Brennan for a box of cookies to get him back in the lineup, so it goes. You like to see more return for a high 2nd rounder, but there's been bigger busts and we're by no means picky at this point.

We desperately need another power play forward who can control the puck along the wall. I'm hoping Ville can help out on the power play some.

The thing is Brennan was arguably the most popular player in Roc this year. He brought energy, excitement, personality to the games. (like Turnbull last year). I'm no waiver expert, and agree it's 99% about building a champ in Buffalo, but it would have been nice for Darcy to find a way to get him back to Roc once it was clear the NHL was not happening at this point in his career.

I think most of this years Sabres defensive problems stem from a lack of support from the forwards. That and Jordan Leopold.

I don't know. Our almost entirely left handed D just can't win puck battles, make outlet passes (only to the right wing, right? ) or contribute to zone possession. And it's entirely Darcy's fault for putting together such a moronic D corps.

Only on this forum will people bitch about our forwards not being defensive and our D-men not scoring. Unbelievable.

Ehrhoff was brought here for offense; Regehr to punish the opposition; Leino to possess the puck, or something. How's it working out? People can nitpick me and win the Xs and Os argument every time. I'll just ask. How's it working out for you?

29 other teams passed up on them too.

Ehrhoff was brought here for offense; Regehr to punish the opposition; Leino to possess the puck, or something. How's it working out? People can nitpick me and win the Xs and Os argument every time. I'll just ask. How's it working out for you?

He's 6th on the team in points, he leads the team in +/-, he's not going to put up totals like he did in Vancouver, it's not his fault this sorry group can't bury the chances he sets up, and if you look at his past stats he is right on par where he was when he didn't play for the highest scoring team in the league.

Ehrhoff is the very least of this team's problems right now.

Well, you have to kind of look around the league. A lot of scoring is being generated by defensemen. Personally, I'm more for the stay at home type of D, but a lot of teams now are adapting to the new style of play.

29 other teams passed up on them too.

He's 6th on the team in points, he leads the team in +/-, he's not going to put up totals like he did in Vancouver, it's not his fault this sorry group can't bury the chances he sets up, and if you look at his past stats he is right on par where he was when he didn't play for the highest scoring team in the league.

Ehrhoff is the very least of this team's problems right now.

29 other teams also passed on Brennan and the other guy.

I'm not giving up on our 2007 draft class until we find out how Corey Tropp comes back from his ACL tear.

We also traded Paul Byron for Robyn Regehr so it wasn't a total disaster there either, especially considering what an awful draft year that was for the league.

Archived