2013 NHL Entry Draft: Buffalo Sabres Select...

LGR4GM

Jones or MacKinnon  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you draft given the 1st overall pick?

• Seth Jones
    • Nathan MacKinnon
    • Jonathan Drouin
  2. 2. Who do you think the Sabres should draft at #8 overall?

• Sean Monahan
    • Elias Lindholm
    • Valeri Nichushkin
    • Ristolainen/Nurse/Zadarov/Other defender
    • Zach Fucale
    • Other, please post name

Drouin with a 4 point game this afternoon, in a 11 - 3 win over Bathurst. He has 36 G and 57 A for 93 points in 42 games played this season.

He is my pick and it looks like I'm the only one according to LGR's poll.

With the win the Mooseheads clinched their first Q regular season championship. Their record now is ... 49 - 6 - 2 -1 for 101 points.

Playoff tickets are now on sale ... can't wait.

MacKinnon still out with an injury.

GO MOOSE!!

' If you're smart about it '

And there lies the problem with this team. So far T.P.s decisions aren't looking too smart.

He didn't clean house when he bought the team. That's his only misstep so far. OK, how many people actually wanted him to fire Regier and Ruff right then? After how the team finished that season, I can understand him deciding to keep Regier and Ruff and see what they could do with his money. Obviously a mistake in retrospect, but I think the vast majority of Sabres fans were willing to give it a shot that way when the decision was made.

We're certainly not ready, but the Sabres might be, although not by design.

If Miller, Vanek, and Pominville choose to leave via UFA, Myers never reaches potential and Grigorenko and Armia bust; a lot of if but if that scenario ensues the Sabres will be picking top 3 for the next 5+ years.

If Miller, Vanek, and Pominville choose to leave via UFA, Myers never reaches potential and Grigorenko and Armia bust; a lot of if but if that scenario ensues the Sabres will be picking top 3 for the next 5+ years.

They're all 16 months away from UFA. If I'm the Sabres, if I can't get them to sign extensions this summer, I'm definitely looking to trade them at the draft or at the trade deadline next year. (And I'm open to trading them at the deadline THIS year if there's a really good deal out there.) But there's basically no way in hell I'd let their contracts expire in 2014 while they're Sabres.

A Myers trade is looking more and more appealing too.

He didn't clean house when he bought the team. That's his only misstep so far. OK, how many people actually wanted him to fire Regier and Ruff right then? After how the team finished that season, I can understand him deciding to keep Regier and Ruff and see what they could do with his money. Obviously a mistake in retrospect, but I think the vast majority of Sabres fans were willing to give it a shot that way when the decision was made.

Not Ruff at that time but I did want Regier gone and it did go back some time before T.P. took over. You can't always get what you want but its starting to look like we just might get what we need.

Not Ruff at that time but I did want Regier gone and it did go back some time before T.P. took over. You can't always get what you want but its starting to look like we just might get what we need.

Same, but Regier is the master of doing just enough to make you wonder if he's on the verge of doing more. The Regehr trade, the Hodgson trade, etc. He pulls off something lopsided or exciting and you think "OK, let's see where he's going with this." I can see Pegula thinking that giving Regier money for the first time ever could result in some magic things.

Same, but Regier is the master of doing just enough to make you wonder if he's on the verge of doing more. The Regehr trade, the Hodgson trade, etc. He pulls off something lopsided or exciting and you think "OK, let's see where he's going with this." I can see Pegula thinking that giving Regier money for the first time ever could result in some magic things.

I know what you mean. He has pulled the odd rabbit out of his a$$. His patience or as I like to say his lack of 'git er done' is what drives me insane. Someone else mentioned how the Hawks went from having the first overall pick to a cup in 3 years. I don't see that happening with Darcy in charge. He works at what seems a glacial pace and is uber cautious about the development of ' his ' boys. How long do we have to wait to find out that guys like Stafford are a bust here ? A whole career ? Anyways, thats all I got.

My bid is for Mackinnon or Drouin. With twelve forwards and only four who can score consistently (Ennis, Vanek, Pommer, Hodgson) i can't see why we wouldn't try to go for offense in the draft. I believe that Grigs will pan out to be at least a second line center, but with Girgensons doing so poorly in Rochestor and Armia battling a history of concussions so early in his career (although he still shows a ton of promise), it's hard to find too much faith in the talent offensively. That being said, I'm well aware of the questions lurking on the other side of the ice as well but I'm leaning towards Mccabe developing into a consistent blue-liner as well as a new coach helping Myers with his confidence to turn into the top defender we all once believed he could become (maybe that learn from Major League II and have him recite magazines to himself while he plays; with Myers I'm more inclined to believe it'll be something like going through all of the lines to Rocky Horror Picture Show instead).

Drouin with a 4 point game this afternoon, in a 11 - 3 win over Bathurst. He has 36 G and 57 A for 93 points in 42 games played this season.

He is my pick and it looks like I'm the only one according to LGR's poll.

With the win the Mooseheads clinched their first Q regular season championship. Their record now is ... 49 - 6 - 2 -1 for 101 points.

Playoff tickets are now on sale ... can't wait.

MacKinnon still out with an injury.

GO MOOSE!!

Drouin wasn't on the poll when I posted. So you're not the only one.

Also,

My bid is for Mackinnon or Drouin. With twelve forwards and only four who can score consistently (Ennis, Vanek, Pommer, Hodgson) i can't see why we wouldn't try to go for offense in the draft. I believe that Grigs will pan out to be at least a second line center, but with Girgensons doing so poorly in Rochestor and Armia battling a history of concussions so early in his career (although he still shows a ton of promise), it's hard to find too much faith in the talent offensively. That being said, I'm well aware of the questions lurking on the other side of the ice as well but I'm leaning towards Mccabe developing into a consistent blue-liner as well as a new coach helping Myers with his confidence to turn into the top defender we all once believed he could become (maybe that learn from Major League II and have him recite magazines to himself while he plays; with Myers I'm more inclined to believe it'll be something like going through all of the lines to Rocky Horror Picture Show instead).

I wouldn't say Girgensons is doing poorly. He's 18 in a league where the minimum age is generally 20 years old and the league was flooded with NHLers in the first part of the season due to the lockout. He was starting to find his game before he got concussed last month. I'm worried about Armia's concussions this year too (two incidents about a month apart). I'm hopefully that both these guys are young enough that there aren't lasting effects and that they can avoid future head injuries. I absolutely HATE that I can't enjoy hockey without worrying about the players getting severe head trauma.

All that said, I always prefer to have a premier forward over a premier defenseman so I'll pick MacKinnon or Drouin over Jones. And I'm still very confident that the Sabres won't be picking in the top 3 anyway unless they win the lottery.

I added him as I believe he deserves to be considered. My apologies that I did not him have there earlier.

Kid looks like a hard worker and right now I want that on this team. We need Gerbe's heart, Ennis' speed, Vanek's hands and Weber's grit/size. Not sure Drouin fills all of those but he does look really really good. Our LW is also quite weak IMPO so having someone with that skill in a position we need could bump him up.

Also,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7YDx0M51WE

Cool.

You know your stuff.

Thanks for posting the video for all to see.

I remember that game.

Drouin does something like that nearly every shift and every game. Amazing with the puck.

I wish there were three of him ... a new French Connection.

I still think McKinnon is the guy to take. He has been labelled as the next Crosby for the previous 3+ years now. But boy Drouin is a good consolation prize. I believe Drouin and McKinnon were the first two 17 year olds to make the Team Canada World Junior team since Crosby and I thought Druin had more of an impact than McKinnon in that tourney.

I really wouldn't complain if we got Barkov - solid 2 way centre who has been playing against professionals and almost a ppg player

For those who are less familiar he is the #1 ranked European Skater. His report indicates he has great hands and a high hockey IQ but has below average Skating which is a concern. What isn't a concern is his size 6'2" 205lbs

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=50044

I can add him to the Poll if a couple ppl would like me to.

Archived