The other sports thread

Eleven

I know you're all scared and trying to pretend they don't exist  :P  but the Mets are still crushing it.  4-game road sweep of the Phillies and came back from 5 run deficits in two separate games.

On this board, there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in the league that offers a free out every 9 batters.

On this board, there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in the league that offers a free out every 9 batters.

Must be.  I'm an NL guy obviously, and hate the DH.  Should have to play the field in order to hit.  Besides, I've seen some of the 9th slot batters in the AL, and in some cases, I'd rather have the pitcher hitting.

Plus it allowed some guys to stay around way too long.

I turned the t.v. on and this was on.

I have no idea why anyone cares about it at all.

I don't get it either, if I wanted to watch little league I'd at least watch my cousins, not some random kids. But to each their own

Baseball? good question

:P

Japan beats Pennsylvania in the LLWS. I walk into work and the mood here is like everyone just had their dog put down.

That was an impressive performance by Japan, though.

A town of 386 people field a team of young boys that make it to the LLWS  championship game.  They played David to the world of Goliaths in LL baseball. No same. Should be a party in every small town across the world that such an event can even take place no matter where you're from. There was a star in LL baseball that played for the Sabres. Any one venture to guess? 

A town of 386 people field a team of young boys that make it to the LLWS  championship game.  They played David to the world of Goliaths in LL baseball. No same. Should be a party in every small town across the world that such an event can even take place no matter where you're from. There was a star in LL baseball that played for the Sabres. Any one venture to guess? 

It's pretty common knowledge.  I'm sure most here would get it right.

I turned the t.v. on and this was on.

I have no idea why anyone cares about it at all.

So cynical.  Have you seen some of the games where the kids laugh even though they're getting their kicked?  It's pure sports for enjoyment, and it's neat.

So cynical. Have you seen some of the games where the kids laugh even though they're getting their ###### kicked? It's pure sports for enjoyment, and it's neat.

Good for the kids. I'm sure they're having fun. I couldn't possibly care less about someone else's kid playing baseball though.