The other sports thread

Eleven

unbelievable streak by the Jays. Well done.

At some point they had to make a run for it.

The kid GM had built up a very solid prospect pool over the years and added some key pieces along the way.

This was the perfect time to go for it.

There is a lot of baseball to be played yet, but they seem to have developed that killer instinct.

The key addition at the deadline, IMO, was getting David Price.  A true ace in the rotation takes a lot of pressure off the other starters.  The relievers acquired at the deadline didn't seem like much at the time, but are proving to very good contributors up to now, at least.

Tulo was a great upgrade in every way over Reyes.

At some point they had to make a run for it.

The kid GM had built up a very solid prospect pool over the years and added some key pieces along the way.

This was the perfect time to go for it.

There is a lot of baseball to be played yet, but they seem to have developed that killer instinct.

The key addition at the deadline, IMO, was getting David Price.  A true ace in the rotation takes a lot of pressure off the other starters.  The relievers acquired at the deadline didn't seem like much at the time, but are proving to very good contributors up to now, at least.

Tulo was a great upgrade in every way over Reyes.

It's pretty amazing how adding price and shifting the rest of the rotation back one has allowed the rest of the starters to pitch so much better lately. Is it sustainable? we'll see, but as soon as Price came on board, Dickey has been pitching really well and Marco Estrada is suddenly a solid starter despite his journeyman status with the Brewers the last few years.

I haven't even mentioned how moving Aaron Sanchez to the bullpen has further strengthened the back end. All of these are basically stemming from the addition of an ace in Price. 

Big series against the Yankees starting tonight. Wish I had the time to get up to Rogers Centre this weekend...

It's pretty amazing how adding price and shifting the rest of the rotation back one has allowed the rest of the starters to pitch so much better lately. Is it sustainable? we'll see, but as soon as Price came on board, Dickey has been pitching really well and Marco Estrada is suddenly a solid starter despite his journeyman status with the Brewers the last few years.

I haven't even mentioned how moving Aaron Sanchez to the bullpen has further strengthened the back end. All of these are basically stemming from the addition of an ace in Price. 

Big series against the Yankees starting tonight. Wish I had the time to get up to Rogers Centre this weekend...

The Jays are also managing the starting rotation to perfection.  Price gets the start tonight.

If you make it to Toronto make sure to bring lots of cash ... the weekend series is completely sold out.  Not too long ago the fans were nowhere to be seen.  Now, I bet Rogers Centre is sold out the rest of the way.

The Jays are also managing the starting rotation to perfection.  Price gets the start tonight.

If you make it to Toronto make sure to bring lots of cash ... the weekend series is completely sold out.  Not too long ago the fans were nowhere to be seen.  Now, I bet Rogers Centre is sold out the rest of the way.

Don't worry I've been to Toronto many times (i'd venture more than 50 times - mostly work related) so I am well aware of the costs. I probably should have said sometime soon, as even when the Jays were bad the Yankees home games were pretty popular tickets.

I guess I miss the days when I could scalp a ticket walking up for less than 20 bucks...  :cry:

Heard that on the radio this morning.

Very surprised to hear, but guess the guy that owns the Globetrotters figures he can hire patsies on his own, cutting out the middleman.

So what does that leave the series at, 16,000 - 1?

Very surprised to hear, but guess the guy that owns the Globetrotters figures he can hire patsies on his own, cutting out the middleman.

I'm not sure they kept track of it well enough to know how many losses in total.

I can't believe it took this long to figure that out. I always assumed it was all just one big operation and they did everything, even putting some Globetrotters in training on the other team.

Well, we can't win them all, but this one hurt.

Price pitched very well into the 8th, but the relievers, who have been money on the winning streak, failed him.

The potent bats left 13 (I think) on base and many, many of those were left in scoring position with 2 outs.  The bats failed him, too.

Jays 1/2 game back of the Yankees and if anyone offered this situation to Jays fans 3 weeks ago they would have been all over it.

Jays still with a 3 game lead in the first wildcard race, so it still looks very good at the moment.

Go Jays!!

-----

In other news Tiger Woods has missed the cut for what seems like the 75th time in a row.

Crickets.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS